Very Telling interview - Team has turned on "Franchise" (Again)

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter.

At least Hoyer is good enough that you can evaluate the line and the WR core.

exactly you still would like to see the investments made at wr progress and develop. That isnt happening with a bum qb

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
man did i call it. I said a few weeks back (in the "shannon sharpe blast cutler" thread) that players would start taking shots at Cutler if another QB starts playing well. though i thought it would be after he left the team.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The shame in all this is that we are not developing a young QB. Paxton Lynch was the 6th rookie QB to see time already this year. But, because Pace is a moron, we're playing 2 average QBs in Hoyer and Cutty. It has been enjoyable watching Hoyer the last 2 games though. Seeing 2 games in a row without a pick is something unheard of in these parts. I've seen enough of Cutty to know I never need to see him again. But, if the Bears are serious about getting a higher draft pick next year, Cutty needs to be the starter again when his owwy thumb is better.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The shame in all this is that we are not developing a young QB. Paxton Lynch was the 6th rookie QB to see time already this year. But, because Pace is a moron, we're playing 2 average QBs in Hoyer and Cutty. It has been enjoyable watching Hoyer the last 2 games though. Seeing 2 games in a row without a pick is something unheard of in these parts. I've seen enough of Cutty to know I never need to see him again. But, if the Bears are serious about getting a higher draft pick next year, Cutty needs to be the starter again when his owwy thumb is better.

Lynch looked solid in his debut...granted it was against TB and the Broncos had a a good lead, but a 94 passer rating ain't bad for the rookie.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lynch looked solid in his debut...granted it was against TB and the Broncos had a a good lead, but a 94 passer rating ain't bad for the rookie.
He was the guy I wanted.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
He was the guy I wanted.

Me too, i know a lot thought it was crazy to draft him that early. But looking back, would the Bears be better off long term with Floyd or with Lynch going forward?I know it is very hard to say, but still makes me wonder

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Me too, i know a lot thought it was crazy to draft him that early. But looking back, would the Bears be better off long term with Floyd or with Lynch going forward?I know it is very hard to say, but still makes me wonder

Lynch would be nice to have right now.

I think that the gun is to their head this season with getting a new QB. Just have to hope that some juniors declare and the class gets deeper.

Mason Rudolph is a guy I want to see more of 6'5" 240lbs and has some skills to work with.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because Romo is a good qb. He's thrown 40 more TDs and 40 Less INT's. That's a lot of points left on and off the board.

Do you think the Cowboys offense (line and skill players) is equal to what the Bears have had since Cutler has been here? I'm all for moving on if Hoyer continues with the 300 yd no INT games, but Romo is not a great QB IMO.

FWIW I think we would in a great position if we would have kept Orton and invested in both lines and WRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also liked them fact we picked up Hoyer and thought he looked good with the Browns the season he got hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Mongo Gfail and Air_T would say Carson Palmer sucks due to his overall record as quarterback.

84-79. EXTREMELY MEDIOCRE!

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Mongo Gfail and Air_T would say Carson Palmer sucks due to his overall record as quarterback.

84-79. EXTREMELY MEDIOCRE!

I honestly find you to be one of my favorite posters.

From your inexplicable love for a guy who killed this team for the last 8 years, to your unwavering fanboism, to your constant strawmanning.

Thumbs up dude.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Hoyer is going to make a great transition to the new QB. He'll be a better mentor to Cutler and cheaper.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
FWIW I think we would in a great position if we would have kept Orton and invested in both lines and WRs.

In hindsight, that would have been the thing to do. Jerry Angelo took a wild QB swing because he felt it would help him keep his job. We all had high hopes, but in hindsight, doing exactly what you said would have been the best option. We also would have drafted our own guy by now (maybe someone like Russell Wilson; I doubt they'd have been bad enough to get Cam).

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hoyer is going to make a great transition to the new QB. He'll be a better mentor to Cutler and cheaper.

He also won't be a petulant bitch and stop throwing to young receivers who need the reps because they annoyed him by making a mistake in their first NFL game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Cheaper is the key

Cutler
High Draft Pick

Or

Hoyer
High Draft Picl
New RT
New TE

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
In hindsight, that would have been the thing to do. Jerry Angelo took a wild QB swing because he felt it would help him keep his job. We all had high hopes, but in hindsight, doing exactly what you said would have been the best option. We also would have drafted our own guy by now (maybe someone like Russell Wilson; I doubt they'd have been bad enough to get Cam).

lmfao what did ortons career amount to? Backup and game manager.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I honestly find you to be one of my favorite posters.

From your inexplicable love for a guy who killed this team for the last 8 years, to your unwavering fanboism, to your constant strawmanning.

Thumbs up dude.
Likewise.And your apparent "inside info" you have. I have 2 bros who play(ed) in the NFL I may workout with from time to time, I don't claim to have in depth knowledge of what said teams are doing.I'd love to hear more about what you have though.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Orton had a 84.9 qb rating since leaving the Bears. Jay has had a 85.4. Virtually identical.

Given the way the backup qb's have played in replacement of Cutler with the Bears, not only would those first round picks, and the 3rd rounder, and all the "cash and cap" the Bears would have save helped, we also probably would have had a better QB...