Vic Fangio News

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Allbright just said on the Twitter in a reply to a question about the odds of the bears keeping Fangio that they are very high

I will be extremely hyped.

It appears likely. Bears have gone out of their way to block other teams from interviewing him and hired a new HC before his contract expires. Even brought him in to be interviewed as the next Bears HC.

Bears have shown how much they value Fangio, and the defensive players on the team are lobbying to keep him.

Give him a raise, Nagy lets him do whatever the fuck on defense; pretty good gig for Fangio.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Well, well, well.....

Right again I guess.

BACK THE MONEY TRUCK UP AND PLOP MILLIONS ON HIS LAWN.

DO IT.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Rumor was Cincy was hiring Austin, but now Oakland is making a big push to get him, reportedly offering him an "assistant HC position" as well as the DB coach position. All Oakland's assistants are getting 4 year deals, which is one year more than the league norm.
OAK is going to be a dumpster fire in a few years. Chucky is going to fail early and that 10 year deal is going to cause a ton of tension with management being stuck.

With Cincy sticking with Lewis and a 2 year deal, not sure a DC worth his salt wants to take the job unless his contract is longer than the HC's 2 years, which would be uncomfortable for him.

Colts don't have a HC yet, so doubt they will add a DC first. So Fangio would have to turn down a job in hopes that the new Colts coach wants him.
GB seems to be the main threa to the Bears.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Cincinnati doesn't have the personnel to run a 3-4 right now. That would be a major shift for a very conservative organization, not to mention Teryl Austin is probably going to be their guy. Or, if he goes to Oakland, Gunther probably stays.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I would think a DC would rather work for on offensive minded HC. Even though Fox had a D background he seemed pretty hands off (and head up his ass) and let Vic do his thing. If you want to be a DC would you really want to work for Matt Patricia, that would be like being assistant DC.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
We really need to keep Coach Fangio. He did a great job with a few good athletes and an above average number of injuries, not to mention a lot of players new to the team. He has proven his ability. KEEP HIM AT ANY COST.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Franzia

franzia-crisp-white-california-usa-10668302.jpg

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I do hope that he will be back...

Nick80

Liked Posts:
We really need to keep Coach Fangio. He did a great job with a few good athletes and an above average number of injuries, not to mention a lot of players new to the team. He has proven his ability. KEEP HIM AT ANY COST.

I'd offer him 10 years/$100 million.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
It appears likely. Bears have gone out of their way to block other teams from interviewing him and hired a new HC before his contract expires. Even brought him in to be interviewed as the next Bears HC.

Bears have shown how much they value Fangio, and the defensive players on the team are lobbying to keep him.

Give him a raise, Nagy lets him do whatever the fuck on defense; pretty good gig for Fangio.

My concern is how Fangio left the 49ers after they didn't hire him as head coach even though they interviewed him

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OAK is going to be a dumpster fire in a few years. Chucky is going to fail early and that 10 year deal is going to cause a ton of tension with management being stuck.

With Cincy sticking with Lewis and a 2 year deal, not sure a DC worth his salt wants to take the job unless his contract is longer than the HC's 2 years, which would be uncomfortable for him.

Colts don't have a HC yet, so doubt they will add a DC first. So Fangio would have to turn down a job in hopes that the new Colts coach wants him.
GB seems to be the main threa to the Bears.

Not going to debate Oakland's future, but Gruden is putting together a pretty good staff. None of what you said changes anything in regards to the supply vs demand scenario I was trying to put across. All that matters is Cincy has interest, the more teams that have interest, the more likely Fangio leaves, that is just plain a simple logic. Oakland may become a dumpster fire, the Bears HAVE BEEN a dumpster fire. And it doesn't necessarily take one of the six teams I mentioned to have an interest in Fangio, because they can still hire another DC and that in itself reduces the pool, driving the price up for the remaining candidates.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/MikeSilver?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@MikeSilver</a> said that Vic Fangio told him that he still hasn't made a decision. Packers are talking to him.</p>— Daniel Greenberg (@ChiSportUpdates) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/950459686041550849?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 8, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I thought the bears denied the request?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Not going to debate Oakland's future, but Gruden is putting together a pretty good staff. None of what you said changes anything in regards to the supply vs demand scenario I was trying to put across. All that matters is Cincy has interest, the more teams that have interest, the more likely Fangio leaves, that is just plain a simple logic. Oakland may become a dumpster fire, the Bears HAVE BEEN a dumpster fire. And it doesn't necessarily take one of the six teams I mentioned to have an interest in Fangio, because they can still hire another DC and that in itself reduces the pool, driving the price up for the remaining candidates.

You're talking about money that doesn't even get published. Who gives a shit how much Teddy and George want to pay a DC?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would think a DC would rather work for on offensive minded HC. Even though Fox had a D background he seemed pretty hands off (and head up his ass) and let Vic do his thing. If you want to be a DC would you really want to work for Matt Patricia, that would be like being assistant DC.

I dunno to be honest, and I don't think the Lions are a serious candidate for Fangio. But if Cincy likes Fangio, Austin, and a third guy, and the Lions hire that third guy, Austin signs in Oakland, it can still effect Fangio's position, possibly starting a bidding war.

Hard to say where Vic's head is at in all this. Does he feel slighted by the Bears? He fielded a top ten defense and still didn't get a sniff at a HC gig, does he feel taking the GB job might offer him more future opportunity?