Vic Fangio News

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
According to Twitter, Packers are bringing in Mike Pettine as potential SC. Hope this means that Fangio is close to extending with Bears.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would be totally fine with Nagy giving full control to Fangio over the defense the same way Ditka did with Buddy. Fangio isn't some unproven DC or a recently promoted assistant up to DC, he's got a long time proven track record and is HC material....give him the whole defense and Nagy just focus all your energy on offense. Get Toub in here and now you wouldn't need to worry about ST.

We need one head coach, not two.

Rise

Liked Posts:
How long do we give Vic to decide if he wants to stay or not?

I mean it always depends on the factors. If the Bears are in fact offering to make him an offer within the top 5 of DCs, extend all his assistants, give him free reign of the defense what more does the guy want? Combine that with all his players wanting him back why would he leave for a lateral move?

If that is indeed the scenario I’m withdrawing my offer the second he goes to Green Bay. Either he is all in or he just needs to leave because it will turn toxic. Does he care about his players or not?

That’s how I see it, but I’m not in the meetings so who really knows.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
According to Twitter, Packers are bringing in Mike Pettine as potential SC. Hope this means that Fangio is close to extending with Bears.

HoundFuck.gif

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't Pettine supposed to be Flip's guy if he got an hc gig?

Navy Orange Ninja

Liked Posts:
The twitter says that Matt Nagy just arrived in Chitown, let’s hope he Ubers his a$$ to Fangio’s place with a trunk full of cash.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m worried Spagnuolu, who has Ried ties, will end up being the dc... I wouldn’t be happy with this. Giants had a ton of talent on defense and underachievied big time this year

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m worried Spagnuolu, who has Ried ties, will end up being the dc... I wouldn’t be happy with this. Giants had a ton of talent on defense and underachievied big time this year

Isn’t he a 4-3 guy? I can’t see us making the switch. Pretty sure it will be Fangio or Pettine with the other going to the Packers.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Isn’t he a 4-3 guy? I can’t see us making the switch. Pretty sure it will be Fangio or Pettine with the other going to the Packers.

I hope you’re right. I’d lose it if we switched back.

NFCnB

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have to find a way to keep Fangio in Chicago. He isnt the only available DC out there, but the guy has proven he can coach this roster to improve from a 30th ranked D to a top 10 unit. If he stays, this Defense will be dominant within a year or two.

Rise

Liked Posts:
We have to find a way to keep Fangio in Chicago. He isnt the only available DC out there, but the guy has proven he can coach this roster to improve from a 30th ranked D to a top 10 unit. If he stays, this Defense will be dominant within a year or two.

Looks like they are doing all they can to make that happen. Now it is just up to Fangio. Can he work under Nagy and does he believe in the vision of the organization? If he answers yes to both he would be a fool to leave. If he is ever going to be a hc stick this out and win a super bowl will make it happen. If he goes to Green Bay and they win a super bowl it will just be all about Rodgers.