Vic Fangio News

hello

Liked Posts:

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
If Fangio decides to take other interviews, do you also start interviewing other DCs and the first to accept the job gets it? or do you wait for Fangio to tell you either yes or no before you start looking at other DCs?

i think you gotta send feelers out and keep them on-deck so you can bring them in quickly, if need be.

question is, who are their preferred alternatives?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Fangio bolts then

Bettcher
Bradley
Pettine

In that order.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Fangio decides to take other interviews, do you also start interviewing other DCs and the first to accept the job gets it? or do you wait for Fangio to tell you either yes or no before you start looking at other DCs?

They should interview E.Donatell as soon as Fangio takes another interview.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
nothing against bradley but I don't want to see a transition to 4-3 unless its the only option left

bettcher
Pettine
Bradley

We run 4-3 65% of the time right now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
But what gap attacking styles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fangio is the leading candidate for the Packers' DC gig.

Looks like he's bailing.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Looks like he's bailing.

Well, I think he’s the Packers’ leading candidate for DC. We still don’t know which way Fangio is leaning.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Well if you can't beat em, join em? If Vic joins the Packers he won't have to worry about 2nd string QB Hundley railroading his defense again.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Looks like he's bailing.

Or just checking his options. He took a while to decide on the Bears and visited a few teams last time if I remember correctly. He knows he has options and doesn't give a shit about our timeline.

Of course it could be a pride thing too..... "You don't want to hire me as HC.... fuck you, I'll beat you twice a year for the next 5 years then up in GB."

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can't imagine any position from CEO to cafeteria cook where someone wouldn't choose the Packers over the Bears.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Or just checking his options. He took a while to decide on the Bears and visited a few teams last time if I remember correctly. He knows he has options and doesn't give a shit about our timeline.

Of course it could be a pride thing too..... "You don't want to hire me as HC.... fuck you, I'll beat you twice a year for the next 5 years then up in GB."
Ah... the Peppers treatment.

Rise

Liked Posts:
What type of contract can the Packers offer? McCarthy is only signed for the next 2 seasons correct? Would they give Fangio more security than the HC?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What type of contract can the Packers offer? McCarthy is only signed for the next 2 seasons correct? Would they give Fangio more security than the HC?
Fangio would get a 4 year contract here I would imagine and I doubt he accepts anything less than 4 at Green Bay

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rise

Liked Posts:
Fangio would get a 4 year contract here I would imagine and I doubt he accepts anything less than 4 at Green Bay

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Makes sense, seems a tad awkward but everything always seems to workout for them, winning cures all. Oh well if he wants to bail on this situation then fine, I’d rather have him leave over staying for money while being salty. Pettine is a good DC, but I really hope we find a way to land Bettcher.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can't imagine any position from CEO to cafeteria cook where someone wouldn't choose the Packers over the Bears.

Depends on if you want to spend the next few years of your life living in GB or Chicago. Depends on salary. Depends on personal relationships. Obviously the Packers are the more successful franchise lately but that's not the only factor.

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
Fangio is the most overrated coach in bears history. The guy is horrible and needs to go.