Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Head Coach: Matt Nagy
Assistant Head Coach & OLB Coach: Vic Fangio
Defensive Coordinator: Mike Pettine
Offensive Coordinator: Frank Reich

This would be my dream scenario. Mike Pettine & Vic Fangio together would be overkill.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Head Coach: Matt Nagy
Assistant Head Coach & OLB Coach: Vic Fangio
Defensive Coordinator: Mike Pettine
Offensive Coordinator: Frank Reich

This would be my dream scenario. Mike Pettine & Vic Fangio together would be overkill.

And id like to fuck Lexi belle, but that aint gonna happen!

hello

Liked Posts:
looks like ed donatell was DC of the packers between 2000-2003

wonder if donatell is trying to convince fangio to go up there, if in fact they're a package deal

If anything, he may be trying to convince him to avoid GB. Fans went ballistic on Donatell after his defense allowed the "4th and 26" to the Eagles

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
Fangio would never go from DC to OLB coach, even if you add the "assistant head coach" title.

Also - I 2nd that Jtreal3, lol.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If you want to keep Fangio, here is how you do it: make him the Asst. Head Coach + DC, and his contract states that he is ALWAYS the highest paid DC in the league. If another DC gets hired for a higher amount, his contract gives him a bump. For as long as Nagy is signed.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
If you want to keep Fangio, here is how you do it: make him the Asst. Head Coach + DC, and his contract states that he is ALWAYS the highest paid DC in the league. If another DC gets hired for a higher amount, his contract gives him a bump. For as long as Nagy is signed.

Lol, Idk about that. This is worth mentioning also, Nagy is probably not getting top dollar for a HC as he’s a newcomer. That said, how much more would/is Fangio making than Nagy?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Make him assistant HC

Offer him top 3 DC money if not #1

If he turns you down, then you did what you could. Defensive players can’t be pissed and you move on to Bradley or Pettine.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My concern is how Fangio left the 49ers after they didn't hire him as head coach even though they interviewed him

Things were quite different in SF at the time...management was in disarray. I'd think he's smart enough to see the upswing in the Bears DEF, and that he still managed to field a top 10 DEF despite shit-tons of starters missing games to injury.

That’s great news. And tbh Vaunted Vic deserves the raise his defense was great this year considering the injuries and overall lack of talent at key positions. I really hope money isn’t the reason if he leaves the Bears.

Right on. If he leaves, it'll be for a HC opportunity. He hasn't really been mentioned in the running for any openings that I've heard. Hasn't interviewed for any other HC jobs right?

I can't image a reason why he'd leave CHI for a lateral move to start all over with some other team's shitty defense? Bears should pay as much if not more for him to stay for continuity and proven success. Unless Vic doesn't like what Pace is doing, and doesn't hit it off with Nagy, I'd think this could be a real opportunity for him to make bank and finally WIN for a while without the shitty Bears O letting him down.

Can't blame Vic for waiting around a bit to see if any offers come up, while simultaneously testing his market value as a DC...also getting more time to have a few more lunch dates with Nagy and see if it'll work out.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Fangio decides to take other interviews, do you also start interviewing other DCs and the first to accept the job gets it? or do you wait for Fangio to tell you either yes or no before you start looking at other DCs?

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Without question you start interviewing. There are still head coaching positions open. Bears need to take advantage of their situation.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
im surprised noone has mentioned bettcher as a DC candidate...Also the fact that the packers haven't setup an interview with fangio but instead have one with pettine is interesting. Fangio could be very close to a deal with the bears and so packers are moving on.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If Fangio decides to take other interviews, do you also start interviewing other DCs and the first to accept the job gets it? or do you wait for Fangio to tell you either yes or no before you start looking at other DCs?

No you make phone calls and see who would be interested in the job. If Vic backs out you need to move quickly

Newblood

Liked Posts:
It's in Fangio’s best interest to sign quickly as well. If he dicks around, DC positions on other teams will fill out, and he will lose more and more of his leverage.

Bears already reduced at least one of his landing spots but not letting him interview early.

hello

Liked Posts:
im surprised noone has mentioned bettcher as a DC candidate...Also the fact that the packers haven't setup an interview with fangio but instead have one with pettine is interesting. Fangio could be very close to a deal with the bears and so packers are moving on.

He's still in consideration for some of these HC gigs so that's likely where his focus is at right now. Regarding Fangio, looks like GB is expected to interview him at some point

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

We've brought his name up. Bettcher would be a rare upgrade over Fangio.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
He's still in consideration for some of these HC gigs so that's likely where his focus is at right now. Regarding Fangio, looks like GB is expected to interview him at some point

i knew the packers were expected to interview but given all the hype of the packers wanting to meet fangio, you'd think they'd be at his front door the minute they got the chance yet there interviewing pettine and havent actually setup an interview with fangio...