Vic Fangio News

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're talking about money that doesn't even get published. Who gives a shit how much Teddy and George want to pay a DC?

Teddy and George might? Where did I ever say it gets published? Your not making any sense.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At first I was like... nah, let's let the coach bring in his own guy and get Fangio out of here.

But then I was like... what happened the last time the Bears fired their coach and kept the D coordinator around? '84 or so I think it was??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
3 years 9 million and lets build the best staff possible.

The domino effect is if Donatel stays as well. What he did with our DBs this season was the best Bears coaching job I can remember.

baredown

Liked Posts:
At first I was like... nah, let's let the coach bring in his own guy and get Fangio out of here.

But then I was like... what happened the last time the Bears fired their coach and kept the D coordinator around? '84 or so I think it was??

Close, 1982. Ryan was not only retained, but also given autonomy to run the defense unencumbered. Even assuming Fanzio is retained as DC, it's a little hard to imagine that he'd be given the level of autonomy that Ryan had over the D...

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Teddy and George might? Where did I ever say it gets published? Your not making any sense.

That doesn't surprise me at all with you... Your point = Drives up coordinator pricing... My Point = It doesn't matter. Coordinators money doesn't get published like HC's and players, you might never know what they make so who gives a shit.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
I would be totally fine with Nagy giving full control to Fangio over the defense the same way Ditka did with Buddy. Fangio isn't some unproven DC or a recently promoted assistant up to DC, he's got a long time proven track record and is HC material....give him the whole defense and Nagy just focus all your energy on offense. Get Toub in here and now you wouldn't need to worry about ST.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Apparently on the Hoge and Jahns emergency podcast they think Vic stays with a healthy pay bump.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Apparently on the Hoge and Jahns emergency podcast they think Vic stays with a healthy pay bump.
Would love this. Free the Fox reigns and let him loose. Exciting if it happens.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

That’s great news. And tbh Vaunted Vic deserves the raise his defense was great this year considering the injuries and overall lack of talent at key positions. I really hope money isn’t the reason if he leaves the Bears.

Antobears

Liked Posts:

Would be very interesting considering pace's scrupulous efforts to avoid giving fangio credit for the defence when announcing fox's departure. Maybe part of a plan laid out in advance i.e. Fangio doesn't need to be praised because he already knows they want to retain him as DC.

If so and fangio stays that's a great move from the GM.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would like Fangio to stay, if for no other reason I would hate to change fronts and switch to a 4-3. They have a good foundation in place now and are a couple LB's from being a dominant defense.

baredown

Liked Posts:
I would be totally fine with Nagy giving full control to Fangio over the defense the same way Ditka did with Buddy. Fangio isn't some unproven DC or a recently promoted assistant up to DC, he's got a long time proven track record and is HC material....give him the whole defense and Nagy just focus all your energy on offense. Get Toub in here and now you wouldn't need to worry about ST.

Giving an OC or DC the level of autonomy that Ryan had is a bad organizational model to follow. It happened to work for the 1985-era Bears simply because Finks managed to establish an overwhelming talent base, particularly on the defense side of the ball. There was a lot of unnecessary friction & turmoil between HC and DC on that team. I doubt Pace would want to be running an organization where the DC potentially could just ignore the HC. Also, I'm sure while Nagy might be happy to have Fangio running the D, he's going to want Fangio really answering to him. I doubt Nagy would agree to the level of autonomy given by Halas to Ryan. Ditka was so desperate to get the Bears HC job, he agreed to something no in-demand HC candidate would agree to...

Antobears

Liked Posts:
I would like Fangio to stay, if for no other reason I would hate to change fronts and switch to a 4-3. They have a good foundation in place now and are a couple LB's from being a dominant defense.
Players really seem to enjoy playing for him. I mean look at Hicks the year after he gets his extension...

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
looks like ed donatell was DC of the packers between 2000-2003

wonder if donatell is trying to convince fangio to go up there, if in fact they're a package deal

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Kevin Fiddler

@KFidds
17m17 minutes ago
More
Replying to @ChiSportUpdates @MikeSilver
They can’t talk to him until at least midnight tonight. If this is true, the Packers have violated league rules and will be punished. You sure you want to go with “Packers are talking to him?”

lol

Same Packers who violated the IT rule?

No punishment for the darlings. :)