Vic Fangio News

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
We run 4-3 65% of the time right now.

thats true, didnt think about that but there will inevitabley still be players that dont fit into the 4-3 scheme...
i do wonder if bradley has done such a good job why have the chargers not tried to resign him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
4 years 12 million and total control.

If he says no than he never wanted to be here.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I can't imagine any position from CEO to cafeteria cook where someone wouldn't choose the Packers over the Bears.

Outside of AR there is no reason to pick the Packers over the Bears for anything. Chitown VS GB. lolol.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
I mean honestly, him taking the interview means he's as good as gone.

We can try and understate this and yes Bettcher would be a huge get and there are other solid replacements.

That being said, I really truly hope him leaving isn't like Marinelli peacing out bc he had zero belief in Trestman. I think resiistically it's a chance for a title w/ AR more than anything but honestly guys this is not good. Packers got better we got worse (for now... Bettcher actually would be a slight upgrade but there's no guarantee we get him).

Rise

Liked Posts:
I mean honestly, him taking the interview means he's as good as gone.

We can try and understate this and yes Bettcher would be a huge get and there are other solid replacements.

That being said, I really truly hope him leaving isn't like Marinelli peacing out bc he had zero belief in Trestman. I think resiistically it's a chance for a title w/ AR more than anything but honestly guys this is not good. Packers got better we got worse (for now... Bettcher actually would be a slight upgrade but there's no guarantee we get him).

No doubt it makes the Packers better, but they are ahead regardless it starts and ends with Rodgers. As long as we get a real DC; be it Bradley, Pettine, Bettcher we will be ok. We need a DC who believes in what we are doing, if that isn’t Fangio then so be it.

If we end up with a Tucker then start to worry lol.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
We all want him back but if he goes to the Pack, fuck him

Theoretically we would know how to beat his defense though right?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Outside of AR there is no reason to pick the Packers over the Bears for anything. Chitown VS GB. lolol.

More prestigious and widely respected organization, more world titles. I would say that top to bottom they're the superior half of the rivalry, but it's tough to say that anymore because most Packers fans view the Vikings as their main rivals.

Sure if you're talking about the cities, obviously Chicago is a world class city and GB is a little honky flyover town, but we're talking about the sports franchises, and in that way they own us in virtually every way. Let's be real here.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m calling it right now, if Fangio leaves Chicago Gase will Fire his current DC and hire him. I remember reading a while back that Fangio was supposed to be Gase’s DC if he was to land a head coaching gig in 2015

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I’m calling it right now, if Fangio leaves Chicago Gase will Fire his current DC and hire him. I remember reading a while back that Fangio was supposed to be Gase’s DC if he was to land a head coaching gig in 2015

they are close friends so there are rumors about fangio heading to miami

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Fangio is the leading candidate for the Packers' DC gig.

Looks like he's bailing.

Well, I can see his chances being better I Green Bay. To win a Super Bowl that is. They got Aaron fucking Rodgers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
More prestigious and widely respected organization, more world titles. I would say that top to bottom they're the superior half of the rivalry, but it's tough to say that anymore because most Packers fans view the Vikings as their main rivals.

Sure if you're talking about the cities, obviously Chicago is a world class city and GB is a little honky flyover town, but we're talking about the sports franchises, and in that way they own us in virtually every way. Let's be real here.

We have had this debate before and it's been proven time and time again that the Bears are their main rivals when it comes to the VAST amount of people that live between the Illinois - Wisconsin border.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well if you can't beat em, join em? If Vic joins the Packers he won't have to worry about 2nd string QB Hundley railroading his defense again.

lol

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

His plan was to keep him San Fran.

I do not know if he was going to follow him. Almost identical to our situation.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Green Bay is a mess right now with the new management structure. Could lead to huge problems.

Bob McGinn‏
@BobMcGinn
Follow Follow @BobMcGinn
At http://bobmcginnfootball.com : under #Packers' new structural setup (the head coach reports to the president, not the GM), Pro Football Hall of Fame GM Ron Wolf says he wouldn't even have taken an interview in Green Bay.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Green Bay is a mess right now with the new management structure. Could lead to huge problems.

Bob McGinn‏
@BobMcGinn
Follow Follow @BobMcGinn
At http://bobmcginnfootball.com : under #Packers' new structural setup (the head coach reports to the president, not the GM), Pro Football Hall of Fame GM Ron Wolf says he wouldn't even have taken an interview in Green Bay.

Ron Wolf is salty about his son....but Packers are in leadership transition right now.

Honestly, people need to stop worrying about Fangio staying or not there are equally as good of choices out there.......

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His plan was to keep him San Fran.

I do not know if he was going to follow him. Almost identical to our situation.

And then Fangio followed Gase to Chicago. Seems like there’s something between the two.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We have had this debate before and it's been proven time and time again that the Bears are their main rivals when it comes to the VAST amount of people that live between the Illinois - Wisconsin border.

Cool story. Nobody mentioned anything about people living on the border. Packers fans overall view the Vikings as their biggest rivals.