Vic Fangio News

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Fangio is 59 and this will probably be his last or maybe his penultimate contract in the NFL, so him taking his time I don't see as a problem really, or something to read too much into. He wants to be a HC, and this may be his last chance in his mind. It might not be a chance at all in reality, but I don't blame him for weighing his options.

It's only 4 days since Nagy was hired. Is there anyone the Bears are interested in that they can hire right now? Bettcher is still under contract.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Lame to be so butthurt about not getting the HC gig that you leave for the same position with another team. Marinelli did it when he didn't get the job. Toub did it when he didn't get the job. IDK, maybe they feel they're leaving for greener pastures (weather, other team's talent). Maybe they want to be with someone they know (although Fangio and Fox supposedly didn't get along). Maybe they take a look at the new guy (Tresticle) and run for the hills.

Someone said Fangio's gf lives on the west coast, so ARI would make sense. Just wish he'd either say he's leaving or sign a new deal. Seems like he's hedging his bets in case Shurmur doesn't land a HC job.

I'd love for him to stay, since the D has a good thing going. But if it's Shurmer/Fangio or Nagy/whomever...I'll take the latter.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I doubt he is butthurt. That sounds like a shoopster/teddy spin. If he is butthurt, who cares really? Who are we going to hire right now? Other teams don't even have their HC yet. I don't see what all the butthurt here is about.

I think Toub and Marinelli left because they saw the shit that was to come. Emery was a turd, and they made the right choice, both of them.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
If we do get Bettcher... boner big time trade scenario:

Bears trade their top 10 selection and Pernell McPhee, and a '19 4th for Chandler mother fuckin Jones.

Bettcher is a good DC but he runs an aggressive system where it's completely necessary to rush the passer effectively.

A healthy Floyd and Chandler Jones?! Beats drafting Arden Key and hoping he is a 12-18 sack a year stud.

Obv what I'm talking about is pie in the sky but we are gonna do some splash stuff this off season. Sign Jimmy Graham, trade up in the draft, it's all gonna be on the table.
Missing on Chandler Jones still hurts all these years later...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Arizona is easily the worst job available. Shurmur will fail, just like he did in Cleveland. Fangio’s ego is doing him in this time, even worse than when he came to Chicago to win 14 games in 3 years.

It’s a shame cause he was building something special here I think, but in typical Chicago sports fashion we can’t keep successful people with huge egos in check. They always leave or implode. It appears Fangio is no different.

Lol, no it isn't. They already have a top 5 D. And if you want to pick your own QB then you don't have to worry about an incumbent. They also have David Johnson albeit coming off injury and some decent young WRs.

There are certainly some coaches that will prefer that set up and others that would not. For a guy like Shurmur who is rumored to want to bring Kenum with him wherever he goes, the Cards are an ideal spot.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lame to be so butthurt about not getting the HC gig that you leave for the same position with another team. Marinelli did it when he didn't get the job. Toub did it when he didn't get the job. IDK, maybe they feel they're leaving for greener pastures (weather, other team's talent). Maybe they want to be with someone they know (although Fangio and Fox supposedly didn't get along). Maybe they take a look at the new guy (Tresticle) and run for the hills.

Someone said Fangio's gf lives on the west coast, so ARI would make sense. Just wish he'd either say he's leaving or sign a new deal. Seems like he's hedging his bets in case Shurmur doesn't land a HC job.

I'd love for him to stay, since the D has a good thing going. But if it's Shurmer/Fangio or Nagy/whomever...I'll take the latter.

Marinelli did not leave because he didn't get the HC job. He left because of his loyalty to Smith. Marinelli has said he doesn't want to be a HC again from what I recall.

People leave jobs after being passed up for promotion all the time for a variety of reasons. That's life.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lol, no it isn't. They already have a top 5 D. And if you want to pick you own QB then you don't have to worry about an incumbent. They also have David Johnson albeit coming off injury and some decent young WRs.

There are certainly some coaches that will prefer that set up and others that would not. For a guy like Shurmur who is rumored to want to bring Kenum with him wherever he goes, the Cards are an ideal spot.

Fangio is still better than Bettcher. AZ was 19 in points per game. Not to say I wouldn't want him as my fall back but I hope Fangio stays. Not dissing, adding.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fangio is still better than Bettcher. AZ was 19 in points per game. Not to say I wouldn't want him as my fall back but I hope Fangio stays. Not dissing, adding.

At this point, I would take either one. I just want it done.

I think people like Bettcher because of his aggressiveness. Although easy to be aggressive when you have the talent he had. Fangio may be boring to some but he did a comparable job to Bettcher with less overall talent IMO.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

i also think fangio is better than bettcher but in the sense that we've seen fangio maximize talent whereas bettcher has had far more talent to work with and is an unknown...If bettcher does come to chicago assuming trubisky isnt a turnover machine the defense will be much better in ppg. Arians ran an aggressive vertical scheme which had its share of TO's.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago Tribune just reported that Fangio is expected to return!!!

According to Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune, the Bears are expected to retain defensive coordinator Vic Fangio.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:

TishLover

Liked Posts:
:smug2::bowrofl::yep::elephant::beer::buttrock::clap::bow::beerbang:

:marshmallow:

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Poopster won't be happy about this. Then again when is he ever.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fangio's a prick for pulling this stunt. He did it just to spite the shoopster. I even had James Bettcher's sobriquet settled. It was gonna be James Bettcher "bottom dollar" . . .

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seriously guys. Just block them. Tell me when was the last thing shoopster ever posted that you needed to read or know. He's worthless. Block him.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fangio's a prick for pulling this stunt. He did it just to spite the shoopster. I even had James Bettcher's sobriquet settled. It was gonna be James Bettcher "bottom dollar" . . .

Damn, what a missed opportunity. And if the Bears cut your boy Mucus Wheaton, there will be nothing left. Is this the end for the Shoopiter? Or does he desperately try to hang on in the face of the bitter cold reality?

[video=youtube_share;D_aQupiaCSA]https://youtu.be/D_aQupiaCSA[/video]

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Seriously guys. Just block them. Tell me when was the last thing shoopster ever posted that you needed to read or know. He's worthless. Block him.

He's a cautionary tale of the effects of CTE

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's a literary genius. Honor him!

Ah, Spartacus, those who have eyes, let them see . . .

. . . Those who call themselves zerohour, well, what in the BLUE HELL is a zerohour!?! . . .

Last edited: