CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Arizona is easily the worst job available. Shurmur will fail, just like he did in Cleveland. Fangio’s ego is doing him in this time, even worse than when he came to Chicago to win 14 games in 3 years.

It’s a shame cause he was building something special here I think, but in typical Chicago sports fashion we can’t keep successful people with huge egos in check. They always leave or implode. It appears Fangio is no different.

Agree that the Cardinals job is the worst of all the openings. Indy is up their if Luck isn't healthy but they have a top 5 pick.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Vic is obviously bitter, it didn't matter who the Bears would have hired unless they hired him. Its been rumored for years now that he wanted to go somewhere warmer. Why waste time on a guy that obviously isn't all in?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Arizona is easily the worst job available. Shurmur will fail, just like he did in Cleveland. Fangio’s ego is doing him in this time, even worse than when he came to Chicago to win 14 games in 3 years.

It’s a shame cause he was building something special here I think, but in typical Chicago sports fashion we can’t keep successful people with huge egos in check. They always leave or implode. It appears Fangio is no different.
Why is ARZ the worst? They just need a QB which they’ll get in FA most likely. They have a stuffy defense and good offensive players like one of the best RBs in the league.

What does IND have besides an injured Luck? Defense sucks, OL sucks, they have a few WRs and that’s it.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
Well they'd want McPhee bc they no longer have Chandler Jones lol and it's more of a toss in for the top 10 pick and future pick.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen but they could draft a QB which they need- badly. Then still take a pass rusher with their other 1st rounder.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
If Ariz was willing to make that trade I fuckin do it yesterday and prepare my excitement for a top 5 D.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Why is ARZ the worst? They just need a QB which they’ll get in FA most likely. They have a stuffy defense and good offensive players like one of the best RBs in the league.

What does IND have besides an injured Luck? Defense sucks, OL sucks, they have a few WRs and that’s it.

“They just need a qb”. You’re a Bears fan and you don’t see the irony in that statement? You don’t know how hard that is to find?

Indy sucks too but at least they have low expectations and a high draft pick. Arizona is just a year behind.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which is partially why I continued to want Shurmur.

Coaches know who they want to coach with.

Not getting Shurmur was upsetting.

Losing Fangio as well?

Bears are fucking dumb.
This team is about QB not continuity on defense.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
“They just need a qb”. You’re a Bears fan and you don’t see the irony in that statement? You don’t know how hard that is to find?

Indy sucks too but at least they have low expectations and a high draft pick. Arizona is just a year behind.

Thing is, they don’t need a franchise QB really. They need a guy like Keenum or Cousins. They’ll have plenty of Option this offseason for FA QBs which makes not as bad as it seems.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Which is partially why I continued to want Shurmur.

Coaches know who they want to coach with.

Not getting Shurmur was upsetting.

Losing Fangio as well?

Bears are fucking dumb.

Not as dumb as the guy who's never happy but buys those season tickets every year anyways.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Thing is, they don’t need a franchise QB really. They need a guy like Keenum or Cousins. They’ll have plenty of Option this offseason for FA QBs which makes not as bad as it seems.

I don’t think so but time will tell. I see your point though, my guess is they will need to totally rebuild before they are ever serious contenders again, especially in that division.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So here is my understanding of the As the Fangio Turns situation.

If Shurmur goes to AZ then Fangio goes with him. Bettcher leaves and comes to Bears.

If Bettcher gets promoted to HC in AZ then Fangio stays with Bears, maybe. And Shurmur goes to the Colts, maybe.

Edwards may also be in play, but only until the Vikes lose.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably wants to go West. Plus he may feel slighted he got passed over for HC.

I was watching sportstalk live and they were saying that they heard that the Bears were offering a pretty good deal to keep him here in Chicago, no lowballing concerning the money aspect etc.....so if it isn't the money then yea i think you might be right about Fangio being bitter for not getting the HC job.

I'm like whatever, if he wants to leave then step and i hope the bears get Bettcher......Fangio is only making himself look bad by trying to hold the Bears hostage with his slow decision making.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[KFC]If I may be Teddy KFC for a moment, I think it might be the false assurance the Bears gave him that the interview with Fangio was genuine. He's no idiot, and pretty well everyone knew Fangio was not going to be HC. It was reported that he was annoyed the 49ers did a similar thing. Pace should have been straight, and said they want to go a different direction for HC, but value his services as DC enormously, and ask him what it would take for him to stay. [/KFC]

Or, Fangio may just be doing his due diligence, which is perfectly understandable. He just met Nagy after all.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
[KFC]If I may be Teddy KFC for a moment, I think it might be the false assurance the Bears gave him that the interview with Fangio was genuine. He's no idiot, and pretty well everyone knew Fangio was not going to be HC. It was reported that he was annoyed the 49ers did a similar thing. Pace should have been straight, and said they want to go a different direction for HC, but value his services as DC enormously, and ask him what it would take for him to stay. [/KFC]

Or, Fangio may just be doing his due diligence, which is perfectly understandable. He just met Nagy after all.

How do you know that Pace wasn't straight with Fangio? Were you there in the interview with him?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How do you know that Pace wasn't straight with Fangio? Were you there in the interview with him?

It was reported that Fangio asked this question directly, and the response he got was the Bears assured him it was a genuine interview, and not just a gesture.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/93944-Vic-Fangio-News/page10?p=2944054#post2944054

Biggs seems to have removed that comment from his story now, with no explanation (such shit journalism).

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...att-nagy-vic-fangio-biggs-20180109-story.html

But it is still cached at google and MSN:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ml+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-b

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/othe...-nagy-begins-filling-out-his-staff/ar-BBIb1dB

Maybe his sources were wrong, or he was set right by the Bears. Who knows?

Besides, it was my TeddyKFC alt who wrote that.

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Fangio went into the interview with the mindset that he was gonna get the HC job hands down just because he was DC or for whatever other reason he had than that's on him, he set himself up for a let down......even with the interview being genuine it doesn't mean your automatically gonna get the job (that's any job you go to looking to get hired).