Vic Fangio News

Rise

Liked Posts:
As long as we get bettcher or fangio I’m good. If we lose out on both I’ll be depressed. Seattle guy I guess would be 3rd.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fine with either Bettcher or Fangio. Just get it done.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Ben Allbright confirmed on Twitter that he is hearing Fangio is going with Shurmur.

He also said that a deal with Shurmur + ARI is getting "close."

EDIT: ARI can't officially hire him 'til MIN is eliminated though, right?

Mitchapalooza

He also said that a deal with Shurmur + ARI is getting "close."

EDIT: ARI can't officially hire him 'til MIN is eliminated though, right?
Correct but they can have an agreement. Like Shanahan and the 49ers last year. If that's the case I imagine they'd let us poach Bettcher before Vikings are eliminated.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Is this Bettcher guy still under contract or something? Is that why they haven't met/signed him yet?

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is clear that Fangio does not want to be here. It is also pretty clear that Shurmur is getting a gig.

Time to move on.

We need to lock up Donatel if we still can.

Agreed, need to try and keep Donatell. My guess though is he follows Fangio.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
Damn, that sucks. Did ownership lowball him or something? None of the money counts against the cap.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
If Vic Fangio doesn’t sign then offer John Fox the DC job. Since he helped Fangio architect the defense. That’s actually where he belongs instead of being the HC.

Once again proving why Bears fans have LIQIS...

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It is clear that Fangio does not want to be here. It is also pretty clear that Shurmur is getting a gig.

Time to move on.

We need to lock up Donatel if we still can.
Yup, Fangio should want to be here, and that’s clearly not the case. That said, no way his BFF Donatel doesn’t follow Fangio. Let Bettcher bring in his guys.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Ben Allbright confirmed on Twitter that he is hearing Fangio is going with Shurmur.

Which is partially why I continued to want Shurmur.

Coaches know who they want to coach with.

Not getting Shurmur was upsetting.

Losing Fangio as well?

Bears are fucking dumb.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Which is partially why I continued to want Shurmur.

Coaches know who they want to coach with.

Not getting Shurmur was upsetting.

Losing Fangio as well?

Bears are fucking dumb.

Arizona is easily the worst job available. Shurmur will fail, just like he did in Cleveland. Fangio’s ego is doing him in this time, even worse than when he came to Chicago to win 14 games in 3 years.

It’s a shame cause he was building something special here I think, but in typical Chicago sports fashion we can’t keep successful people with huge egos in check. They always leave or implode. It appears Fangio is no different.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
If we do get Bettcher... boner big time trade scenario:

Bears trade their top 10 selection and Pernell McPhee, and a '19 4th for Chandler mother fuckin Jones.

Bettcher is a good DC but he runs an aggressive system where it's completely necessary to rush the passer effectively.

A healthy Floyd and Chandler Jones?! Beats drafting Arden Key and hoping he is a 12-18 sack a year stud.

Obv what I'm talking about is pie in the sky but we are gonna do some splash stuff this off season. Sign Jimmy Graham, trade up in the draft, it's all gonna be on the table.