Vic Fangio News

leepster

Liked Posts:
I think Vic believes this is his last shot at being a head coach and is waiting to see if he may get a head coaching gig before he signs as a DC.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just get Bettcher....fuck him of he is eyeing other opportunties. Especially before we lose out on both

How do we get Bettcher right now if the Cards haven't allowed him to interview?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He is definitely waiting for something better to come along. I cant believe negs waits too much longer before he moves on. as many have said, he wants coaches who really want to be here, not just if all else fails.

Apparently Green Bay wasn't something better.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are we in a rush for a decision?

We are one of 2 teams to hire a coach and we are already into the assistant market and doing well. If VIc decides tonight or Monday doesn’t matter.

We can’t even interviews Bettcher until Arizona makes a decision.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How do we get Bettcher right now if the Cards haven't allowed him to interview?

Where is there a report of the Cardinals denying any team? I haven't seen one.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Vic believes this is his last shot at being a head coach and is waiting to see if he may get a head coaching gig before he signs as a DC.

He could sign a 3 year deal with the Bears tomorrow and it would be voided if he got a HC job.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They haven’t granted permission to anyone and he has taken 0 Dc interviews.

He is looking for a HC job right now.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They haven’t granted permission to anyone and he has taken 0 Dc interviews.

He is looking for a HC job right now.

Again, show me a single source saying the Cardinals denied Bettcher an interview.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Vic just wants the most money possible for him and his staff. That’s all this is I think. I don’t think he wants to go to Arizona, but I’m sure he would if they met whatever demands he has. The guy knows this is his last contract, and he knows the value he is worth, can’t blame him.

As much as I want this to be done now I think all of us, including myself just need to chill out and let the process work itself out. My money is still on him coming back.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ya we don't need guys that play things in a smart way or explore all options before making huge decisions.

Even if another team makes him a better offer Vic should take whatever the Bears offer because... you know, fan things, feelings, and hometown discounts, and what not.

Would we really want anybody that fucking stupid coaching the Bears?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Where is the reports that he is interviewing with the Bears? He interviewed for the head coaching job for Arizona and there are no reports of a scheduled interview with anyone including the Bears.

http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2018/...tcher-reportedly-drawing-interest-from-bears/

So I am not sure why I would assume the Bears can interview him until such time that there is a report that he has an interview with the Bears.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Where is the reports that he is interviewing with the Bears? He interviewed for the head coaching job for Arizona and there are no reports of a scheduled interview with anyone including the Bears.

http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2018/...tcher-reportedly-drawing-interest-from-bears/

So I am not sure why I would assume the Bears can interview him until such time that there is a report that he has an interview with the Bears.

Apparently you assumed that was what I was even talking about.

I asked because clearly as you can tell by the ZERO reports of any interviews being blocked by the Cardinals for Bettcher...everything is speculation. There isn't a single legitmate tie to the Bears and Bettcher at all. Its media speculation and fan optimism. But by all means, make assumptions instead of answering a simple question.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Even if another team makes him a better offer Vic should take whatever the Bears offer because... you know, fan things, feelings, and hometown discounts, and what not.

Would we really want anybody that fucking stupid coaching the Bears?

Yes. Yes we would. It is the meatball thing to do and Chicago loves their meatballs.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Apparently you assumed that was what I was even talking about.

I asked because clearly as you can tell by the ZERO reports of any interviews being blocked by the Cardinals for Bettcher...everything is speculation. There isn't a single legitmate tie to the Bears and Bettcher at all. Its media speculation and fan optimism. But by all means, make assumptions instead of answering a simple question.

You are right, I did make an assumption and if that was not what you meant then so be it. Unlike you and others, I won't ramble on trying to argue my assumption is what you really meant.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You are right, I did make an assumption and if that was not what you meant then so be it. Unlike you and others, I won't ramble on trying to argue my assumption is what you really meant.

I try to separate facts from opinions. I know. Foreign concept.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I try to separate facts from opinions. I know. Foreign concept.

Not a foreign concept at all which is why I acknowledged I made an assumption. It is curious though that if you do in fact separate fact from opinion, why you insisted on making assumptions about what I really meant all day.

You should endeavor to try and apply this concept to all my posts in the future not just the ones where I am the one making the false assumption.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not a foreign concept at all which is why I acknowledged I made an assumption. It is curious though that if you do in fact separate fact from opinion, why you insisted on making assumptions about what I really meant all day.

You should endeavor to try and apply this concept to my all my posts in the future not just the ones where I am the one making the false assumption.

Because you frequently blur the line. I have strong opinions but I don't spend pages and pages thread after thread arguing with people about how right my opinion is or keep arguing when my opinion is proven wrong.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think Fangio has something going with P.Shurmur and if Shurmur gets a HC job in Arizona or the Giants or anywhere Fangio is going there with him and Pace is probably going with it cause if it happens in Arizona then he'll jump on Bettcher when they let him go.