Vic Fangio News

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
Vaccinations don't cause autism. Reading enough Remy garble mash? That shit causes autism.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
I personally don't blame Fangio one bit. It is his job and his career and he has to take care of #1. He knows he's in demand and he wants the best situation for him and his wife. If he felt the world about the Bears, he'd have signed by now. He obviously has some reservations about the organization and who can blame him for that.

I don't either and I don't think the timeline they are on is nearly as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Vic has options and he is using it as leverage, or it really is a tough decision for him and he hasn't fully made up his mind. For all you know he wants to be here but promised his family he would try and get closer to home.

I'm sure Vic and all of his assistants are fully informed, just as the Bears are fully informed and they are lining up backup plans because that is what any competent business would do.

People are just frustrated because they don't have all the information.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Vaccinations don't cause autism. Reading enough Remy garble mash? That shit causes autism.

For someone that wants to talk or read football, you have an unusual fixation on me.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I feel like the Bears are also waiting to see which HCs get hired where. There'll certainly be some coordinators who will be axed just because a new HC wants his own coaches. Never know who you could end up picking up. It's good to move fast on the HC but I think the rest can take a bit of time and not be a big issue.

Also, there's probably some coordinators or positions coaches who the Bears are interested in but those coaches could just be waiting to see if there's any chance of being fired or promoted, etc.

There's still time and there'll be more things that happen after the weekend games, so we'll see if there's more movement then. There's not as much of a rush as thought out to be if the other teams haven't gotten their HC hires done.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This could be his last contract, so I guess he is going to pay all his cards before he signs somewhere.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's like if you try to post around here there's always a bunch of assholes that make you question why you ever started. Should just go back under the rock for years like I did before.

I mean you do you but there are people on here you can have meaningful football conversation with. Just...god damn you have to wade through entirely too much bullshit to get to it.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I don't either and I don't think the timeline they are on is nearly as big a deal as people are making it out to be. Vic has options and he is using it as leverage, or it really is a tough decision for him and he hasn't fully made up his mind. For all you know he wants to be here but promised his family he would try and get closer to home.

I'm sure Vic and all of his assistants are fully informed, just as the Bears are fully informed and they are lining up backup plans because that is what any competent business would do.

People are just frustrated because they don't have all the information.

Agreed. Fangio can take all the time he wants. If the Bears get antsy and hire someone else, Fangio will still get a DC job. It's not like we're some class organization everyone wants to come to. I bet Fangio has reservations about Pace and the organization as a whole. He might not be enamored working for someone 20 years younger than him with far less experience. This might be a different scenario if Shurmur was hired. Fangio is doing what anyone with leverage should do - weigh all his options and choose the best for him and his family.

Mitchapalooza

I'd rather have Bettcher, even before this Fangio drama. I'd be happy with either but having an aggressive defense would be nice.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Bettcher, even before this Fangio drama. I'd be happy with either but having an aggressive defense would be nice.

Same here. Several of my good friends played at the university of saint francis while he was a coach there. He grew up a few mikes south of south bend. My buddy that still talked to him every now and then said that coaching the bears would be a dream job for him as he grew up a bears fan. Take that for what it's worth, but if Fangio leaves I think he is our guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington

Liked Posts:

Totally agree. If he became available, I'd jump on that hire right away. I am personally tired of the bend but don't break style. I'd love to see an aggressive D in Chi again. That said, I'd still be content with Fangio if it turns out that way.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Anybody else concerned that even if we do get Fangio it seems like,to me at least, he doesn’t want to be here... could that affect how much time and effort he puts into this defense?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Agreed. Fangio can take all the time he wants. If the Bears get antsy and hire someone else, Fangio will still get a DC job. It's not like we're some class organization everyone wants to come to. I bet Fangio has reservations about Pace and the organization as a whole. He might not be enamored working for someone 20 years younger than him with far less experience. This might be a different scenario if Shurmur was hired. Fangio is doing what anyone with leverage should do - weigh all his options and choose the best for him and his family.

Wait what, the Bears aren't a class organization? Lies, I mean we have had a stellar record the last few years right?

One Team

Liked Posts:
Anybody else concerned that even if we do get Fangio it seems like,to me at least, he doesn’t want to be here... could that affect how much time and effort he puts into this defense?

Optics aren't great at this point...love to be a fly on the wall.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Do we know at this point if the Cards granted a request for an interview? Or they still waiting to hire a coach first?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The longer it takes for the Cardinals to name a HC the better it is for Fangio and his camp. It just adds more and more pressure on to Pace and Nagy to either A) Pay up and resign him or B) gamble that AZ’s new coach will want a different DC than Bettcher

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

That's my whole point from earlier in this thread

He's gonna get paid a lot and he won't care cause he doesnt really want to coach here