HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So why interview him as a HC? Why block his chance to interview with the Bengals? I am just saying the Bears clearly went through this process looking out for themselves. Fangio is entitled to do the same.

If the Bears don't want to wait then they should just move on but each party is entitled to pursue what is in their best interests.

Talking out of both ends is your specialty. You criticize Nagy and Pace on not having hired a DC yet but at the same time say let the process play out with regard to Fangio without taking into account the glaringly obvious that they want to retain Fangio or hire Bettcher if Fangio goes to Arizona which also requires allowing Arizona's HC process to play out. So which is it chief?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It was all a game to entertain him to stay. If the Bengals were that interested they would have waited until his contract expired.

The part that stuck out to me is it seems the Bears coaches have to read into "He still has eyes for other gigs". Just straight up say it. Maybe he has, but at this point if something else "may be" more appealing, then usually it is time to move on.

There are stats on people staying with a company they wanted to leave anyways. If they do stay, and are even compensated to do so, they leave very soon after anyways.

And now he is playing a game so what's the issue? Is it only the Bears that allowed to play games?

Further, just as you expect Fangio to understand the HC interview was just a courtesy, aren't the Bears smart enough to understand that if he isn't signed yet, it must mean he is exploring other options?

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
Can't be muscled by Fangio. I'd walk away and give the job to Donnatell for a year. If he falters, more than likely Todd Bowles is fired next year and Nagy and Bowles have a relationship so you can bring him in as your DC.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Fangios in no rush. Shouldn’t be. He’s on vacation for a while. He’ll have a job after the SB regardless if it’s with bears or not

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
And now he is playing a game so what's the issue? Is it only the Bears that allowed to play games?

Further, just as you expect Fangio to understand the HC interview was just a courtesy, aren't the Bears smart enough to understand that if he isn't signed yet, it must mean he is exploring other options?
:shrug:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Talking out of both ends is your specialty. You criticize Nagy and Pace on not having hired a DC yet but at the same time say let the process play out with regard to Fangio without taking into account the glaringly obvious that they want to retain Fangio or hire Bettcher if Fangio goes to Arizona which also requires allowing Arizona's HC process to play out. So which is it chief?

It is not both ends at all. It is a matter of perspective. Pace and Nagy obviously haven't done enough to convince him or misread the situation. I would have expected them to have figured this out prior to the hiring.

From Fangio's perspective, he is a free agent and free to take however long as he wants to make a decision. He simply can't bitch if he ends up without a job.

I can express surprise that Nagy and Pace haven't closed the deal while saying Fangio has a right to take as long as he wants because they are different perspectives. At this point, I would not be opposed to Pace and Nagy moving on as they are under no obligation to wait.

I don't live in a world where there is always a right or wrong answer or where everything is black and white. I live in a world of gray. So I try to look at things from multiple perspectives instead of just reflexively siding with the team on everything or assuming everything boils down to one side is right and one side is wrong.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy shit, a masterful mashing of the keyboard without saying a god damned thing. Well done.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Holy shit, a masterful mashing of the keyboard without saying a god damned thing. Well done.

lol. "It's going to be cold tonight. The expectation is that it is going to be warm tonight"

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
DaBearsBlog Retweeted Matt M.
DaBearsBlog@dabearsblog Trying to psychologically analyze Fangio is very difficult. He's not like most coaches. He's...unique.

DaBearsBlog added,
Matt M. @mosconml
Replying to @dabearsblog
It feels like Fangio would rather go elsewhere.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I personally don't blame Fangio one bit. It is his job and his career and he has to take care of #1. He knows he's in demand and he wants the best situation for him and his wife. If he felt the world about the Bears, he'd have signed by now. He obviously has some reservations about the organization and who can blame him for that.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
[FONT=&]DaBearsBlog Retweeted Matt M.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]DaBearsBlog@dabearsblog Trying to psychologically analyze Fangio is very difficult. He's not like most coaches. He's...unique.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]DaBearsBlog added,[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Matt M. @mosconml
Replying to @dabearsblog
It feels like Fangio would rather go elsewhere.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

Do yourself a favor: Unfollow that twitter account.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Do yourself a favor: Unfollow that twitter account.
Thanks for the advice. Don't use twitter, just looking over it. Relevant to the topics being discussed. Everyone here feel the need to be an asshole for some reason?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, Bears_804 confirmed as DaBearsBlog

"The fuck is your problem." deleted

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
LOL, Bears_804 confirmed as DaBearsBlog

"The fuck is your problem." deleted
Nah, just thought I should have been less of a dick myself. Quitting smoking on day 4 and want lash out.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fair enough.