Vic Fangio News

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I would assume at this point if Shurmur goes to ARZ it gives Fangio something to consider. Doesn't want to sign before he weighs all his options for himself :shrug:

If that is the case, the ARZ D coordinator could swap over to Bears if there is interest.

If that happens, I'd be happy with it. If both fall through, I'm not too informed on what else is out there.

Everything is speculation at this point.

Edit: Below person has been dropping dimes on insider info for coordinator hires, but this is just an opinion. Thought it was funny.

DaBearsBlog@dabearsblog 3h3 hours ago

Listen, I was once part of a negotiation with a children's theatre company over an amount of money around $3,500. It took two weeks. I think Fangio is going to make slightly more. Give it time.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think that statement is representative but it's not all that was said and obviously not meant to be taken without a bit of humorous intent. The point in its entirety was that Nagy is doing this quickly with a joking comment you quoted at the end.

Saying that Gruden has put his staff together while Nagy has not has those implications, regardless of initiation. Flipping the coin to dig on someone counts, regardless of origin. It's part of why these discussions drift. It's not just everyone else leading you around.

Context is everything and you fane or focus as it suits.

So much this. Which is exactly why I said everything I have said thus far and not surprisingly he's moving those goal posts around swiftly as usual. If its not one thing its always another. This is why he drags threads on for 10+ pages with worthless posting. I've rarely seen a know it all that can't admit to being wrong to the level of a remydat.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
So much this. Which is exactly why I said everything I have said thus far and not surprisingly he's moving those goal posts around swiftly as usual. If its not one thing its always another. This is why he drags threads on for 10+ pages with worthless posting. I've rarely seen a know it all that can't admit to being wrong to the level of a remydat.

Unfortunately, he has learned that if he throws enough words at someone, they will eventually give up the argument, and he will feel victorious.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree but that proper interpretation is the responsibility of the person doing the interpretation not me. I can't sit here imagining all the dumb and exaggerated ways someone will interpret something I said in response to the claim Gruden was sitting on his ass taking victory laps.

The responsibility to read things in context and comprehend is on the reader. If they are unsure about something, they are free to ask me rather than assume but I take no responsibility if they choose to think I was shitting on Nagy even after I told them I was not.

lol......Remy, you are responsible for presenting your idea in a way that is clear and obvious if you don't want it to be interpreted incorrectly. If you are unclear in your initial explanation, then you bare some of the responsibility for any misinterpretation.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
At this point I hope the Bears get someone new, Fangio stringing them along sucks

Get someone who really wants to coach this defense

We really don't know what's going on. He may be still deciding. Or he may be 100% in and holding out for more money for the rest of his staff. Let's just wait and see how it plays out.

Jack Lame

Liked Posts:
We really don't know what's going on. He may be still deciding. Or he may be 100% in and holding out for more money for the rest of his staff. Let's just wait and see how it plays out.

He's being kind of an asshole in that regard because he's holding the fate of bunch of defensive assistants in limbo as well. If he returns, they all have jobs with the Bears next year, if not, I imagine many will have to look for new work.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Apparently Pat Shurmur to Arizona is picking up steam.

I do not know what that would mean for Bettcher and his availability.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think that statement is representative but it's not all that was said and obviously not meant to be taken without a bit of humorous intent. The point in its entirety was that Nagy is doing this quickly with a joking comment you quoted at the end.

Context is everything and you fane or focus as it suits.

I didn't see your updates so I will respond again. I corrected that specific poster and he responded with the following.

Yeah, he's got his coordinators.

You will note that at this point, I dropped the conversation with that poster because I accepted his response and took his original response for what it was. So in short, I did exactly as you said. I didn't run on and belabor the point.

The conversation started again because another poster then responded with the following.
What's hilarious is his #1 choice for QB coach, Rich Gannon backed out and his words were, "I came to my senses."

Which again is misleading so I corrected this post and then the flood of responses came out that completely ignored the context.

So it is odd you speak of context only when it suits you ie in defense of xero who I ultimately ended up having no beef with after his 2nd response yet ignore the context of my posts. Shouldn't you if you are being fair accept the context of my posts as well particularly if you are going to chastise me about only accepting context when it suits me. How you are not doing the same thing you accuse me of?

Except as I just pointed out, you responded and then I dropped the issue because you acknowledged he got his coordinators. I didn't bring up your post to attack you. I brought it up because it was the start of the conversation. You acknowledged the point and I left it alone. Others came in trying to build off your point with no appreciation for the context of the discussion so when I responded to them, others just assumed I was taking shots at Nagy.

I don't know why Bears fans fell the need to shit on other players or coaches to justify their guy. We see it in the threads about Watson, Mahomes, etc. and we see it here in the attempts to shit on Gruden. Yours may have been a joke but it was obvious others were trying to justify what you said. For an organization that has sucked ass for so long, it is amazing how often Bears fans try to shit on other franchises.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol......Remy, you are responsible for presenting your idea in a way that is clear and obvious if you don't want it to be interpreted incorrectly. If you are unclear in your initial explanation, then you bare some of the responsibility for any misinterpretation.

Great, let me know what was unclear about what I said.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

I know but what we don't want is for Fangio to settle and do it for the money and then mail it in on defense while here

He has to WANT to coach here otherwise why bother?

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I know but what we don't want is for Fangio to settle and do it for the money and then mail it in on defense while here

It's no different than when a company gets bought out. People start to look at other options and it creates a whole hell of a lot to consider. No matter how much they enjoyed their time there, it will not be the same (good or bad). I don't blame him for taking his time to find out what the best move is for his career, finances, and probably family situation.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great, let me know what was unclear about what I said.

My post was a generalized thought to your statement about the reader has the only responsibility....not your actual post.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The Bears also have to sell him on wanting to be here. This is a franchise that has failed for years and just hired from his perspective a green HC who he probably feels is not as qualified as him. So if the Bears want him, they need to put in the work. Or if they don't they can move in. Such is life.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Wow, only remy can make such a post so dramatic. Talk about emo ...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My post was a generalized thought to your statement about the reader has the only responsibility....not your actual post.

Fair point but my comment was not generalized. It was specific to the situation being discussed. I wasn't really unclear in my posts that gave rise to these assumptions and I can't sit here imagining all the wars someone will choose to interpret my post when they could have just asked for clarification and without being a dick about it.

However, as it relates to you, I can appreciate if you did not gather from my post that I was commenting specifically on my situation and rather than getting emo about you clarified you position without being a dick so we are all good.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am as well. So many people focused on me for some reason.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is a better idea, you can skip over my posts or put me on ignore instead of suggesting things you can't control.