Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"He's right that you don't really have any good argument on why Fangio was right to not start Fuller from the start."

This sentence alone makes me think you've been deprived of oxygen a bit too many times getting choked out bro. I don't think you even realize what you said there.

Anyways I've given Fangio his due plenty of times before but the fact of the matter is his defense can get shredded and has been, he apparently is only capable of having one competent player on defense that can captain them on the field, his tact with players is questionable, I don't like how he has used Floyd at all given the fact he's one of the few legit defensive ends we have. I want to retain him purely for continuity so the defense can remain the cornerstone while Nagy puts his hands on the offense. Just don't think I am someone who will shit a baby if he's gone. Because he isn't an irreplaceable DC.

This with the caveat of needing to hire another top DC.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
tuner/ricer would be more accurate...

Not really. I owned a fully built sprayed Trans Am WS6 back then but knew to respect certain cars. Now I have a 3.0L Euro Rocket that makes 800whp.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Not really. I owned a fully built sprayed Trans Am WS6 back then but knew to respect certain cars. Now I have a 3.0L Euro Rocket that makes 800whp.

so ricer then?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That's one hell of a stretch. Dude's been on the job for 2 days. The teams who have hired coordinators have had HC's who've been around for years.

You're kind of talking out of your ass.

Not really, most guys walk into a HC interview with names of people they want to be on their staff including OC and DC. The fact is Nagy doesn't have that. Hence why he apparently was fine with Fangio being the DC and why they are now talking to Betcher, a guy it appears Nagy really has zero relationship with.

It is not the end of the world but yes it doesn't appear that he has a lot of pull. It seems he is relying on others to help pull his staff together like Reid or Toub recommending someone rather than people he has a relationship with himself.

Dude was given play calling responsibilities for the first time in his entire life with 5 games to go in this past season.

Then they squeak into the playoffs and he has to put a game plan together for wild card weekend.

Then on Saturday night he suffers a heartbreaking defeat.

He wakes up Sunday morning and goes to the 2 biggest job interviews of his life with Indy and Chicago.

Monday he agrees to coach the Chicago Bears

Overnight Monday he gets flown to Chicago by jet.

Tuesday morning he signs the contract and Pace introduces him to all the facilities.

Tuesday afternoon he has his official press conference.

Tuesday night he meets with Vic Fangio.

Wednesday morning he hires the best Oline Coach in the Country

Wednesday afternoon he continues negotiations with Fangio and hires more staff.

Wednesday night Remydat cries and moans because Nagy had “plenty of time” to have errything wrapped up by now.

No one is crying. Someone was misrepresenting what Gannon said about Gruden and I pointed out Gruden has put his key staff together while Nagy has not. There is no point pretending like it is unheard of for coaches to know who their OC and DC is going to be prior to an interview. That is supposed to be part of the interview process.

Instead he has hired mostly former Bears he has no real connection with. He is talking to Fangio who he has no real connection with. He is talking to Betcher who he has no real connection with. Doesn't mean it won't work out but I was expecting him to actually have some firm guys in his pocket. I honestly don't know what the fuck Pace and Nagy talked about during the interview if you are telling me shit like this is still up in the air.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hey Remy, we hired an OC..... will you STFU now?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So we're all happy with the 3 guys hired under Nagy so far but it's a problem?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hey Remy, we hired an OC..... will you STFU now?

Great an OC with zero NFL experience working for a HC with limited NFL play calling experience.

You guys need to relax. Ya'll act like someone is saying Nagy is going to suck. I simply expected him to have more of his guys locked up as part of the interview process. Even this new OC was apparently debating between the Bears and the University of Arizona job.

It's an observation. Not some end of the world, we are doomed shit that you guys are making it out to be. It's like you all get emo if someone doesn't march in lock step with all the feel good emotions.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Better to hire someone without other options.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, coaches with friends in the business typically have agreements with guys they know will accept. It is neither good or bad, I just don't recall a HC hire that had so little apparently agreed before getting the job.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Great an OC with zero NFL experience working for a HC with limited NFL play calling experience.

You guys need to relax. Ya'll act like someone is saying Nagy is going to suck. I simply expected him to have more of his guys locked up as part of the interview process. Even this new OC was apparently debating between the Bears and the University of Arizona job.

It's an observation. Not some end of the world, we are doomed shit that you guys are making it out to be. It's like you all get emo if someone doesn't march in lock step with all the feel good emotions.

Fox signed with the Bears on the 16th.. on the 19th Fox hired "in principal" Fangio and hired Gase on the 21st..

But you expect Nagy to have everyone wrapped up in 2 days.. your a fucking idiot

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fox signed with the Bears on the 16th.. on the 19th Fox hired "in principal" Fangio and hired Gase on the 21st..

But you expect Nagy to have everyone wrapped up in 2 days.. your a fucking idiot

Both guys with a world of NFL coaching experience. Further Fox was known as a coach that can put together a staff.

In any event, the comparison here was between Gruden and Nagy because someone was trying to shit on Gruden because Gannon didn't join his staff. I see no point in comparing Nagy with the worst coach in Bears history. I aspire to greater things.

At the end of the day, the proof will be in the performance on the field.

Newblood

Liked Posts:

What BaBa just said.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Both guys with a world of NFL coaching experience. Further Fox was known as a coach that can put together a staff.

In any event, the comparison here was between Gruden and Nagy because someone was trying to shit on Gruden because Gannon didn't join his staff. I see no point in comparing Nagy with the worst coach in Bears history. I aspire to greater things.

At the end of the day, the proof will be in the performance on the field.

yes the fact that Fox with all his experience and contacts in the League took 5 days to bring in his OC and DC and your bitching about Nagy shows how football Special person you are..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, he won't. Be careful, he is about to call you ignorant and racist.....if he hasn't already.

Boy, all the emo posters are coming out today. I have no reason to call BaBa ignorant and racist. We simply have a difference of opinion and neither of us is in position to determine who is right or wrong.

On the other hand, your posts about St Brown remain ignorant and/or racist and you trying to jump in here to jump on the bandwagon to try and feel good about your ignorant and/racist posts is proof of that.