Vic Fangio News

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Boy, all the emo posters are coming out today. I have no reason to call BaBa ignorant and racist. We simply have a difference of opinion and neither of us is in position to determine who is right or wrong.

On the other hand, your posts about St Brown remain ignorant and/or racist and you trying to jump in here to jump on the bandwagon to try and feel good about your ignorant and/racist posts is proof of that.

LOLOL..triggered.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yes the fact that Fox with all his experience and contacts in the League took 5 days to bring in his OC and DC and your bitching about Nagy shows how football Special person you are..

I don't recall bitching at all. I pointed out the difference between Gruden and Nagy and then a bunch of people got emo. Bitching would be if I claimed Nagy would suck because of this which I did not.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOLOL..triggered.

Says the guy that decided to come in this thread to talk about me calling him out like a week ago for being ignorant and/or racist. I honestly forgot about you after you stopped posting that thread. Yet your mind is still on me for some strange reason.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I don't recall bitching at all. I pointed out the difference between Gruden and Nagy and then a bunch of people got emo. Bitching would be if I claimed Nagy would suck because of this which I did not.

I don't think anyone is being emo. I just think they disagree with you.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone is being emo. I just think they disagree with you.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. The emo comes in them exaggerating or lying about what I said. Not to mention the one dude coming in this thread crying about some beef from a week ago.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It’s interesting to see the stages of grief in this thread.

Denial - “There’s no way Fangio would leave! Makes no sense. No way!”

Bargaining - “Well, maybe they can pitch him on the Bears future? Maybe they can give him even more money!? Anything!!”

Anger - “Well, fuck him then if we won’t jump on board! You don’t hold a franchise over a barrel! He doesn’t want to be here, either man up or get out!”

Hoping we can skip Depression and finally reach Acceptance.
Bears fans got depression out of the way early with the last 5 season.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
4 teams don't yet have HCs let alone assistants but Gruden who knew he had the job for while is the comparison? WTF and his hires aren't special either. Greg Olsen is capable by never held down an OC position for more than 2 years. Like our OC, he will be a conduit of his HC. He has more NFL experience but doesn't bring anything new to the table. The teams he's OC'd have made the playoffs in years around his time at the position but never when he was actually OC. He has never elevated a unit.

We both hired good ST coaches and most of the other coaches at Oakland are holdovers. Right now, the difference is DC. If we get either of the 2 guys in play, we're good but I'd also like to get that done (gone) before other teams become more active in the process. My guess is that Fangio is waiting to see if AZ becomes an option. I'd be happy to hire Bettcher and make that happen for Vic. That said, I'm also good with keeping Fangio.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Says the guy that decided to come in this thread to talk about me calling him out like a week ago for being ignorant and/or racist. I honestly forgot about you after you stopped posting that thread. Yet your mind is still on me for some strange reason.

Not really, don't flatter yourself. It's just that every thread you post turns into the same fucking story, you bitching for 10 pages because people disagree with you.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
4 teams don't yet have HCs let alone assistants but Gruden who knew he had the job for while is the comparison? WTF and his hires aren't special either. Greg Olsen is capable by never held down an OC position for more than 2 years. Like our OC, he will be a conduit of his HC. He has more NFL experience but doesn't bring anything new to the table. The teams he's OC'd have made the playoffs in years around his time at the position but never when he was actually OC. He has never elevated a unit.

We both hired good ST coaches and most of the other coaches at Oakland are holdovers. Right now, the difference is DC. If we get either of the 2 guys in play, we're good but I'd also like to get that done (gone) before other teams become more active in the process. My guess is that Fangio is waiting to see if AZ becomes an option. I'd be happy to hire Bettcher and make that happen for Vic.

I didn't bring up the comparison. I just responded to it.

Let Gruden do his 100 million dollar victory laps in the media while Pace and Nagy scoop up their staff.

This was the post that started it. The poster is acting like Gruden is just basking in his loads of cash while Pace and Nagy are scooping of staff. So I pointed out the fact that Gruden already hired his OC and DC while at the time of this post Nagy had hired neither.

Then all the emo posters started acting like I was attacking Nagy when I was pointing out the misleading nature of this post.

Would you claim the above post was a fair representation of what Gruden was doing?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not really, don't flatter yourself. It's just that every thread you post turns into the same fucking story, you bitching for 10 pages because people disagree with you.

And yet you are the only one I called ignorant and/or racist because your posts deserved that characterization. So you hopping on out of the blue to cry about it a week later is pretty emo.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think that statement is representative but it's not all that was said and obviously not meant to be taken without a bit of humorous intent. The point in its entirety was that Nagy is doing this quickly with a joking comment you quoted at the end.

Saying that Gruden has put his staff together while Nagy has not has those implications, regardless of initiation. Flipping the coin to dig on someone counts, regardless of origin. It's part of why these discussions drift. It's not just everyone else leading you around.

Context is everything and you fane or focus as it suits.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Saying that Gruden has put his staff together while Nagy has not has those implications, regardless of initiation. Flipping the coin to dig on someone counts, regardless of origin. It's part of why these discussions drift. It's not just everyone else leading you around.

No it doesn't. It is a statement of fact. The post was clearly inaccurate and I corrected the inaccuracy. The truth is not inherently good or bad. It is just the truth. How people choose to interpret it has nothing to do with me.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy has specifically mentioned getting a diverse background of people to populate his staff. This would explain the hires.

If you only ever hired people you worked with it can result in an incestuous yes man situation. That is precisely what Nagy said he did not want.

I understand the hires and why he isn't doing it the "traditional" method. This is not going to be a traditional coaching staff. He went out of the way to go get some of the highest regarded people available.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Proper interpretation has everything to do with it.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nagy has specifically mentioned getting a diverse background of people to populate his staff. This would explain the hires.

If you only ever hired people you worked with it can result in an incestuous yes man situation. That is precisely what Nagy said he did not want.

I understand the hires and why he isn't doing it the "traditional" method. This is not going to be a traditional coaching staff. He went out of the way to go get some of the highest regarded people available.

Which is perfectly fine and a reasonable position to take. I am surprised by the lack of NFL play calling by the HC and OC but again that is merely an observation. I am not suggesting it will fail or that this makes Nagy or his OC a bad hire. That is just my initial gut reaction upon seeing the hire. Once again, time will tell if it was a good decision or not. The proof is in the execution of the plan on the field not on what any of us think on a message board on 1/11/18.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Proper interpretation has everything to do with it.

I agree but that proper interpretation is the responsibility of the person doing the interpretation not me. I can't sit here imagining all the dumb and exaggerated ways someone will interpret something I said in response to the claim Gruden was sitting on his ass taking victory laps.

The responsibility to read things in context and comprehend is on the reader. If they are unsure about something, they are free to ask me rather than assume but I take no responsibility if they choose to think I was shitting on Nagy even after I told them I was not.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The NFL is adapting with more innovative college concepts. Helfrich is a terrific hire from that standpoint.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Any real gear head knows Starion used to be the bomb.
I was never a huge fan although I had a few friends that had them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
So any new news on Fangio?

At this point I hope the Bears get someone new, Fangio stringing them along sucks

Get someone who really wants to coach this defense