Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Nice try though trying to pretend he was throwing shade at Gruden.

There is definitely concern that Gruden isn't ready for a league he hasn't coached in for 10 years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is definitely concern that Gruden isn't ready for a league he hasn't coached in for 10 years.

Sure but that had nothing to do with what Gannon said.

All I know is he has been out of the league for 10 years yet he had his key staff done and dusted at his Press Conference.

Nagy been in the league the past 10 years but still no OC and DC and so far has only signed former Bears. Has he not made any friends in the NFL these 10 years?

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
Sure but that had nothing to do with what Gannon said.

All I know is he has been out of the league for 10 years yet he had his key staff done and dusted at his Press Conference.

Nagy been in the league the past 10 years but still no OC and DC and so far has only signed former Bears. Has he not made any friends in the NFL these 10 years?

Because Gruden worked for ESPN, he could recruit coordinators without any punishment from the league. Nagy worked for the Chiefs and then the Bears; He literally had no time to assemble a coaching staff.

And the concern I'm sure Carr had is that Gruden would overwork him. The reality of this NFL is players can't practice like they used to and there's no reason for Gruden to be a crazy person like he was a decade ago.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because Gruden worked for ESPN, he could recruit coordinators without any punishment from the league. Nagy worked for the Chiefs and then the Bears; He literally had no time to assemble a coaching staff.

And the concern I'm sure Carr had is that Gruden would overwork him. The reality of this NFL is players can't practice like they used to and there's no reason for Gruden to be a crazy person like he was a decade ago.

You are missing the point. Nagy still doesnt have an OC or DC. He has had plenty of time as other teams are signing guys. He simply doesn't appear to have a lot of pull.

And no you are not sure of anything. Assuming you mean Gannon not Carr, Gannon already explained why he didn't take the job.

It is well known he wanted to watch his kids grow up as the article notes. One kid has graduated and the other is still in school. He contemplated coaching precisely because it was Gruden as Gruden is the only coach he would consider coaching for.

I am pretty sure Gruden knows the NFL has changed as certainly if you can figure that out from your coach, he can figure it out given his access to players and coaches.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
You are missing the point. Nagy still doesnt have an OC or DC. He has had plenty of time as other teams are signing guys. He simply doesn't appear to have a lot of pull.

That's one hell of a stretch. Dude's been on the job for 2 days. The teams who have hired coordinators have had HC's who've been around for years.

You're kind of talking out of your ass.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

And no you are not sure of anything. Assuming you mean Gannon not Carr, Gannon already explained why he didn't take the job.

It is well known he wanted to watch his kids grow up as the article notes. One kid has graduated and the other is still in school. He contemplated coaching precisely because it was Gruden as Gruden is the only coach he would consider coaching for.

I am pretty sure Gruden knows the NFL has changed as certainly if you can figure that out from your coach, he can figure it out given his access to players and coaches.

Dude was given play calling responsibilities for the first time in his entire life with 5 games to go in this past season.

Then they squeak into the playoffs and he has to put a game plan together for wild card weekend.

Then on Saturday night he suffers a heartbreaking defeat.

He wakes up Sunday morning and goes to the 2 biggest job interviews of his life with Indy and Chicago.

Monday he agrees to coach the Chicago Bears

Overnight Monday he gets flown to Chicago by jet.

Tuesday morning he signs the contract and Pace introduces him to all the facilities.

Tuesday afternoon he has his official press conference.

Tuesday night he meets with Vic Fangio.

Wednesday morning he hires the best Oline Coach in the Country

Wednesday afternoon he continues negotiations with Fangio and hires more staff.

Wednesday night Remydat cries and moans because Nagy had “plenty of time” to have errything wrapped up by now.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Dude was given play calling responsibilities for the first time in his entire life with 5 games to go in this past season.

Then they squeak into the playoffs and he has to put a game plan together for wild card weekend.

He wakes up Sunday morning and goes to the 2 biggest job interviews of his life with Indy and Chicago.

Tuesday morning he signs the contract and Pace introduces him to all the facilities.

Wednesday night Remydat cries and moans because Nagy had “plenty of time” to have errything wrapped up by now.

:doorrofl:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

We'll alrighty then. That should clear it up for ya Remy. Lol

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Aaaaaaaaand incoming change of subject in 3....2.....

Reactions: 1ke

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aaaaaaaaand incoming change of subject in 3....2.....

nah. I find the whiners usually disappear in hopes the thread dies and maybe just maybe will get defensive if called out repeatedly...might toss out a dead horse kickin' reply as if the post proving the whiner completely wrong is a dick for expecting some crow. This one's way more subjective than say...

...Shoopster getting owned in the Tabor thread by a long stats post of Tabor's highly ranked ST units AND Mannely's love tweet for Tabor.

Shoops did just change the subject to be about his name with zero mention of being proven wrong both ways to Sunday, assuming the unsourced stats post was legit.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars

Too bad. The point I was addressing was more lucid than whatever nonsense you meant.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
nah. I find the whiners usually disappear in hopes the thread dies and maybe just maybe will get defensive if called out repeatedly...might toss out a dead horse kickin' reply as if the post proving the whiner completely wrong is a dick for expecting some crow. This one's way more subjective than say...

...Shoopster getting owned in the Tabor thread by a long stats post of Tabor's highly ranked ST units AND Mannely's love tweet for Tabor.

Shoops did just change the subject to be about his name with zero mention of being proven wrong both ways to Sunday, assuming the unsourced stats post was legit.

What change of subject was that? I don't like a coach coming off the Browns and said so. Just not worth spending hours arguing about.

Now a Starion, that's one helluva shitty Mitsubishi. There's your change of subject, kid . . .

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
What change of subject was that? I don't like a coach coming off the Browns and said so. Just not worth spending hours arguing about.

Now a Starin, that's one helluva shitty Mitsubishi. There's your change of subject, kid . . .

Well that's a stupid opinion. Time to move on to formulate new garbage.

Prison_Mike

Liked Posts:

Now a Starin, that's one helluva shitty Mitsubishi. There's your change of subject, kid . . .
Starion was a badass vehicle back in the day. You could drive for 2 weeks on $10 worth of gas.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Starion was a badass vehicle back in the day. You could drive for 2 weeks on $10 worth of gas.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

You could do that with a Toyota Tercel too. Doesn't make it bada55, Mike . . .