Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
REALLY?? Were you too busy poaching Crocs?? We hear this every year.

But we didn't and Pace tried to make 2 or 3 moves for a QB in that draft. Just because he's been unsuccessful doesn't mean he's scared to draft one or doesn't understand the importance. If he doesn't go for one at 3, it's because he doesn't think it's best for the team, long term and short.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
It's looking like the Bears might have their pick of the litter of QB's at #3. If that happens and they don't pick one, I just hope Watson or Trubisky don't turn out to be studs.

The last few years, there have been several good young QBs picked at this position or later in supposedly terrible draft class years. I have a feeling both Watson and Trubisky will work out. I hope it's for the Bears. If it's not, though, so be it.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Last year they were talking about Baker Mayfield, a 20 year old Kizer taking ND 10-2, and Watson leading Clemson to a NC game! Since then Mayfield went back to school, Kizers team fall apart, and Watson threw 17 INTs.

Next year we have; Darnold who I like, but has not played 1 full season yet. A lot could go wrong next year that drops him out of a cant miss prospect type a lot of you think he is. Rosen who has a record of 11-8 in the PAC 12 that is only 57% winning, but Kizer's 56% is way too low. He also has a 23-16 TD-INT ratio, but Watson 41-17 TD-INT ratio is too high for most. Mayfield lost his job in a fair competition to Davis Webb.

The point is come next year it is going to be easy to pick holes in the 2018 QB class. The only solid QB coming out next year is Luke Falk, but I guess some will say he played in Air Raid system that wont translate to the NFL.

Exactly there's always something ... Pace needs to stop being a pussy and invest in a QB in the draft. Sure the guy could end up sucking, but at least we'd be trying to solve the problem instead of half asssing it by just signing a couple bums that nobody else really wanted from free agency.

Washington

Liked Posts:
It's been 71 years since we last drafted a franchise QB. But, next year, one will miraculously fall into our draft slot because people just say so. We surely couldn't trade draft picks to move up for such a player because drafting a QB high is too risky and too many fail. So, we'll wait then until 2019. I hear that draft class is far better than 2018's and a QB will miraculously fall into our draft slot then. Rinse and repeat and we'll be at the famous Chicago 108 year mark of futility before you know it.

It is also troubling that so many feel that a rookie QB has to sit 2 years before they start. Has anyone seen Mariota, Winston, Wentz, Prescott, et al as of late? The days of sitting QBs are done. They need to play and get experience so that when the team is more soundly built, they are primed to take the team to the next level.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Exactly! What team makes future plans off of an unknown draft class?

Who is going to tell us with certainty who is coming out, who did not digress, and who did not get hurt? Crystal ball anyone?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I heard the 2025 QB class will have 12-18 Tom Brady clones.... we should just hold out till then and grab 3 of them.... 1 to start, 1 to backup, and 1 to trade for a King's ransom.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I heard the 2025 QB class will have 12-18 Tom Brady clones.... we should just hold out till then and grab 3 of them.... 1 to start, 1 to backup, and 1 to trade for a King's ransom.

Nah 2030 is supposed to have a QB with Manning branez, and Vick athletics. We should wait till then

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
By 2025 they will eliminate the qb position cause it's racist

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
i can see the QB moves with Glennon could be a sign that they might grab Trubisky at #3 He only played 1 year as a starter so it makes sense he is going to need time before he is ready to start. And there is always the possibility that he isnt there at #3 as well and being forced to take a guy in the later rounds.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Is that when Camden Cutler declares? Can't wait...

Last edited:

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
When the draft is super deep at Cb and S why would you pick one at 3?

Plenty of quality players can be had in rounds 2 and 3 maybe even later

Get that franchise qb in round 1 and the rest of the draft is easy

Every mock I've done comes out better when picking a qb first

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember when before last college football season started Deshone Kizer and or Deshaun Watson were locks for #1 overall player to be drafted in 2017 NFL Draft. Nobody even knew who the hell Mitchell Trubisky was.

jonimus

Liked Posts:

I haven't heard that anywhere. Plus, I think what really made Tom Brady so special was his development, coaching and surrounding cast. I just don't know if it'd be worth taking 3 clones, because of the whole nature vs. nurture thing. Also, I know a clone will immediately try to kill the original if they ever meet. Does this hold true for clone multiples? We don't even know yet.

Seriously some irrational thinking on this board.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Best case scenario in my opinion: Draft defense #3(Adams) and take a stab at QB later. Take Kizer in the 2nd, who still has elite potential, or solid potential in Peterman in the 3rd.
- If Glennon performs well... the team would be exponentially in a better position with Kizer or Peterman developing and a stronger defense.
- If Glennon sucks... we would have Kizer hopefully ready to go, or Peterman to fill in and depending on the comfort level the team has with either of them going forward, it should be in a position to grab a QB just as strong if not stronger in next years draft.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Best case scenario in my opinion: Draft defense #3(Adams) and take a stab at QB later. Take Kizer in the 2nd, who still has elite potential, or solid potential in Peterman in the 3rd.
- If Glennon performs well... the team would be exponentially in a better position with Kizer or Peterman developing and a stronger defense.
- If Glennon sucks... we would have Kizer hopefully ready to go, or Peterman to fill in and depending on the comfort level the team has with either of them going forward, it should be in a position to grab a QB just as strong if not stronger in next years draft.

And what if next year the Bears are drafting in the 10 to 20 range and miss out on top qb talent?

Is it OK to "reach" then?

Washington

Liked Posts:
And what if next year the Bears are drafting in the 10 to 20 range and miss out on top qb talent?

It doesn't matter where we draft. A franchise QB will be in our slot waiting for us. The 2018 draft is simply loaded with can't miss franchise QBs.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:

Here's the key... the top tier QBs this year would be low 1st to 2nd round QBs any other year. Drafting a QB at #3 this year... the team still isn't getting a QB normally picked at #3.... it would be getting a QB who would be a late 1st rounder at best in any other year. I'm basing this off comparative ratings, analysis to other QBs from past years and generally what scouts are themselves saying about this class.

Just because you reach and draft the 35th best player available at #3 doesn't suddenly mean he was the 3rd best player... he was still 35th. Look back at the drafting trends of QBs over the past decade.... teams don't reach even for QBs as much as people believe they do.

If the team falls in the 10-20 range next year, that suggest you believe picking an Adams would improve the team, but to your question.... next year you wouldn't have to reach... you would get a QB viable to being picked in that range. You may not get the #3 at the top QB... but you not getting a QB worth being picked #3 at the top this year either.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
When the draft is super deep at Cb and S why would you pick one at 3?

Plenty of quality players can be had in rounds 2 and 3 maybe even later

Get that franchise qb in round 1 and the rest of the draft is easy

Every mock I've done comes out better when picking a qb first

Quality can't be had after the 3rd round. People get lucky, but you get what you pay for, for the most part.

You draft a player in a class strong at a position first so you know you're getting a difference maker, in theory the best difference maker.

There might be a couple franchise QB's in the draft. If there are they should be gone by the time we are picking considering the teams ahead of us need QB almost as badly. IDK we'll see.