Wake up!!! We are not

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter where we draft. A franchise QB will be in our slot waiting for us. The 2018 draft is simply loaded with can't miss franchise QBs.

I would never say can't miss.. but I do beleive it will be loaded with prospects with as much potential and more than any of the top QBs this year... and can be gotten with out reaching.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Quality can't be had after the 3rd round. People get lucky, but you get what you pay for, for the most part.

You draft a player in a class strong at a position first so you know you're getting a difference maker, in theory the best difference maker.

There might be a couple franchise QB's in the draft. If there are they should be gone by the time we are picking considering the teams ahead of us need QB almost as badly. IDK we'll see.

Define deep draft then if quality can't be had later

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here's the key... the top tier QBs this year would be low 1st to 2nd round QBs any other year. Drafting a QB at #3 this year... the team still isn't getting a QB normally picked at #3.... it would be getting a QB who would be a late 1st rounder at best in any other year. I'm basing this off comparative ratings, analysis to other QBs from past years and generally what scouts are themselves saying about this class.

Just because you reach and draft the 35th best player available at #3 doesn't suddenly mean he was the 3rd best player... he was still 35th. Look back at the drafting trends of QBs over the past decade.... teams don't reach even for QBs as much as people believe they do.

If the team falls in the 10-20 range next year, that suggest you believe picking an Adams would improve the team, but to your question.... next year you wouldn't have to reach... you would get a QB viable to being picked in that range. You may not get the #3 at the top QB... but you not getting a QB worth being picked #3 at the top this year either.

I know some people think this is a weak QB class (I don't), but you exaggerate it to an absurd degree.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I said it before and I will say it again. You are only overdrafting a player if that player would still be available the next time you picked. So if a QB has a late first round grade and you draft him at 3, that is not overdrafting. Should only teams picking 25th and later get to benefit on the player? Trades are great on paper and in theory, but you need 2 teams to trade. And even then, you are not guaranteed that your player will not fall to you.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
I said it before and I will say it again. You are only overdrafting a player if that player would still be available the next time you picked. So if a QB has a late first round grade and you draft him at 3, that is not overdrafting. Should only teams picking 25th and later get to benefit on the player? Trades are great on paper and in theory, but you need 2 teams to trade. And even then, you are not guaranteed that your player will not fall to you.

Exactly!

I keep hearing the Bears like Watson but not at 3.

If you like him at 12 with a trade with Cleveland for example, why would you not pick him 9 picks earlier?

Value? Bullshit! It makes no fuckin sense!

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
We need the Browns plan to keep tanking for 3 years to build up the roster AKA the Sam Hinkie plan.

BPA all the way, especially for wide receivers???

Look at the Jets, they draft BPA at DE and they have an awesome defense now! Who cares that they have no QB.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I would never say can't miss.. but I do beleive it will be loaded with prospects with as much potential and more than any of the top QBs this year... and can be gotten with out reaching.

Good to know that our franchise QB dilemma will be easily solved next year with little risk and no need to give up picks. I can sleep easier now knowing that 70 years of QB futility ends after next year's draft.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Define deep draft then if quality can't be had later

Most of the depth is going within the first 2 rounds. There might be 5 or 6 corners go in the first round which is unheard of. There will be some guys slip to the 2nd and 3rd round like Tabor, King, Marcus Williams, Justin Evans, Marcus Maye, Josh Jones. After that you have a slathering of injured guys(Sidney Jones, Cameron Sutton) and guys with lower ceilings.

Finding talent after the 3rd in the secondary will be a reach. Teams are going to take the better players which are a bunch of defensive backs fast and early. Other than that you can find low ceiling starters and developmental freaks deep in almost every draft class.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
You believe. Who cares what you believe!

You know jack shit and assume much about next year's class

Hostility..??

Did I screw your GF in a past life or something?

Take some meds for that shit.......

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm on record to say that I want Fournette or Adams, but if the Bears do go with a QB, then it MUST be Watson.

He is a boom or a bust, swing for the Fences kind of pick. You want to put Asses in seats and sell jerseys, Watson is your man.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Good to know that our franchise QB dilemma will be easily solved next year with little risk and no need to give up picks. I can sleep easier now knowing that 70 years of QB futility ends after next year's draft.
You respond as if I said to not take a QB this year. Just that the ones I like won't cost the #3 pick. I like Watson... but not #3 pick like. I also Like Kizer.... who I do believe will be around by #36.... if not then grab Peterman with our 3rd pick. And depending on how Glennon, whoo the team has also invested in performs.... maybe draft again next year if needed.

And no one says easy.... but it's no easier than taking a gamble this year either. Every one agrees the team need a QB.. but we don't have to agree on how the team goes about getting that QB.

Washington

Liked Posts:
And no one says easy.... but it's no easier than taking a gamble this year either. Every one agrees the team need a QB.. but we don't have to agree on how the team goes about getting that QB.

How is taking one next year easier than this year? Nobody has a clue to who booms or busts in this draft or the next one. What guarantee is there that all those stud QBs for next year declare, don't digress and don't get hurt? All I keep hearing is that 2018 is our savior but come next year, the same talk will be said for the 2019 class and our futility will never end.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
How is taking one next year easier than this year? Nobody has a clue to who booms or busts in this draft or the next one. What guarantee is there that all those stud QBs for next year declare, don't digress and don't get hurt? All I keep hearing is that 2018 is our savior but come next year, the same talk will be said for the 2019 class and our futility will never end.

Don't listen to this clown

All he does is regurgitate crap he's heard from draft experts and call it his opinion

His favorite qb in this draft was Nate Peterson until someone corrected him. That's really all you need to know about him

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

But the D!

I don't see the Bears taking Adams #3. A safety has never been taken that high, nor a D-lineman, because Floyd last year. So either the Bears are taking a QB or trading back

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Like who?? Darn old will be gone at #1 overall. After that name 3 of these guys who are that much better than Trubisky and Watson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk