Wake up!!! We are not

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The disconnect is the general belief that all QBs not named Luck are considered to be longshots, while everyone else, and especially defensive players, are day 1 elite difference makers. This is proved wrong year after year but people still believe it. I think Adams is great, but odds are he's not the next Earl Thomas or Eric Berry.

I've been seeing that "1st year difference maker" thrown around and SMH. They'll have a great play, it will get played up, then after nothing for a few weeks they'll be declared a bust. Difference makers are rare enough but 1st year difference makers that are such a sure thing you have to ignore needs to pick them up is nuts.

I'm not a star follower or stats keeper but a lot of the greats I remember weren't great their 1st year if for no other reason than the team that drafted them wasn't great to have got that high of a draft pick.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
How is taking one next year easier than this year? Nobody has a clue to who booms or busts in this draft or the next one. What guarantee is there that all those stud QBs for next year declare, don't digress and don't get hurt? All I keep hearing is that 2018 is our savior but come next year, the same talk will be said for the 2019 class and our futility will never end.

I dont disagree with what youre saying because it makes sense but others that dont want one of these qbs at 3 arent wrong either and our argument also makes sense. If we went qb at 3 would i lose my mind? No, but id be very concerned. We shall have our answer tomorrow night.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
who was the guy on here who went on a rant about how Capernick was going to be the next great qb... after only like a year in the league?

Bearmick said Kaepernick was gonna be the next great QB, but he also admitted he was wrong afterwards.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Taking a QB at #3! They didnt sign Glennon and Sanchez to sit a #3 behind both of them for two years especially with a better qb class available in next years draft. At best we take a chance on a qb in the 4th and hope we strike gold or at worst have a future back up for the first round qb we select next year. I know this isnt what 95% of you want to hear but its the truth. If im wrong and we go qb ill make a thread admitting how wrong i was and ill ban myself for 3 months. I dont think im wrong. I dont care what the talking heads are saying as its all misinformation at this point. Its clear to see they arent going qb.

Well... Technically you were right that we didn't draft a QB at #3. But, in all, your thoughts were way fucking off. Good job at being a bad prognosticator.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Well... Technically you were right that we didn't draft a QB at #3. But, in all, your thoughts were way fucking off. Good job at being a bad prognosticator.

I thought the writing was on the wall with Pace going heavy on the D in last years draft. And the most glaring need on offense is the QB.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought the writing was on the wall with Pace going heavy on the D in last years draft. And the most glaring need on offense is the QB.

There have been several people here, myself included, thinking the the Bears were going to pick a QB in round 1 or 2....

most of the talking-head-out-of-town-stupids were certain that the Bears were not going to pick a QB....they also didn't have a QB rated this high in the draft....some even predicted no QBs taken early, yet 3 QBs gone by 12.

The Bears have not picked this high in a long time....if you are going to gamble...and every player in the draft is a gamble....go big on a QB....most import position on a team.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
There have been several people here, myself included, thinking the the Bears were going to pick a QB in round 1 or 2....

most of the talking-head-out-of-town-stupids were certain that the Bears were not going to pick a QB....they also didn't have a QB rated this high in the draft....some even predicted no QBs taken early, yet 3 QBs gone by 12.

The Bears have not picked this high in a long time....if you are going to gamble...and every player in the draft is a gamble....go big on a QB....most import position on a team.

I really thought it'd be a QB with the 1st pick, My only concern that Pace would get gunshy and go after a D player. Once the trade happened I figured QB was a sure bet. Too bad none of the talking heads thought that.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
He also said the cubs weren't going to come back down 3-1 in the world series just because the Mets didn't.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
He also said the cubs weren't going to come back down 3-1 in the world series just because the Mets didn't.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Now, if I can only find the moron that said he'd ban himself if Mahomes was picked before the second round...

Liked Posts:
but its true unfortunately. year after year teams are taking QBs and year after year there is only a handful of teams set at the QB position.

Nope. The main thing that hinders the top modern bluechip QBS from starting right away is that many come from spread systems, & even that is over hyped at times. With QB evaluation people & so-called expert analysts look at & hype all of the things they shouldn't like over hyping athleticism, wins/loses, conference, starts, stats, & especially arm strength. When they should be hyping accuracy, field vision, mechanics(compact release), read anticipation, footwork, intelligence/pocket awareness, & leadership intangibles.

With Trubisky one can easily check all of the above, & some, if they are honest with themselves. Oh & Trubisky does have a good arm too, he's no game manager in waiting. The Bears got it right, & I believe they just managed to land their first very good franchise QB in years, who happens to be a perfect fit for the modern day up tempo, high volume of mid range passing happy crapshoot offensive era of play.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Technically correct, the most important type of being correct

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk