Warden of the Northeast Discusses Matt Nagy

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eh, I haven’t really heard a whole lot of accountability. I heard the same just need to go back and practice, learn from my mistakes, blah blah blah. Alex brown said it best after the game....all Mitch needed to do was come up to the podium and say “I need to play better. I didn’t play good enough to win. It starts with me and I absolutely need to play better.” Pretty simple. Instead, he said the same thing he’s been saying for years. Look at the film, get back and practice, learn from your mistakes. Tired of hearing it. He needs to be pissed and take full accountability and call himself out.

Lol...I don't know if he'll go up to the podium and say, "Sorry I suck." And walk away.

:bearstroll:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
If other teams are spying TRU with a LB every passing down and he is using that as an excuse then it only makes both of them look worse.

If a LB is tied up in a spy then it opens a zone in the passing game. Their own statement makes them appear incompetent.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Eh, I haven’t really heard a whole lot of accountability. I heard the same just need to go back and practice, learn from my mistakes, blah blah blah. Alex brown said it best after the game....all Mitch needed to do was come up to the podium and say “I need to play better. I didn’t play good enough to win. It starts with me and I absolutely need to play better.” Pretty simple. Instead, he said the same thing he’s been saying for years. Look at the film, get back and practice, learn from your mistakes. Tired of hearing it. He needs to be pissed and take full accountability and call himself out.

I kinda feel like this is meatball shit.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What a shitshow.

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
So the coach doesn't know why his players (in plays that he designs/calls) aren't doing things? Holy fuck that's a major admission of incompetence. Has he thought about asking Mitch during tape review? Has he encouraged him to take off in situations where it should work?

I think Nagy decided he didn't want Mitch to run (maybe to prevent injury, maybe because his playcalling requires a pocket QB) and since that broke Mitch completely (Mitch has gone from an average and somewhat flaky QB last year to a below-average and very flaky QB this year) he doesn't want to take the blame.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that Nagy says the things he says should be more troubling than even the poor QB play.

QB can be replaced as soon as the GM admits his error.

But the guy running the team and calling the plays has to be better than what we are seeing.

QT McPennies

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Shit like this is why I put 99% of the blame on Nagy; the "Coach of the Year" subtly throws his QB under the bus multiple times, and is a fucking tool with his arena ball sabermetrics. Won't change because he thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Sick of him pretending to acknowledge his flaws to only double down on them time-after-time.

Put Sean Peyton as HC and Trubisky looks at least as good as last year. Seriously, look what he's doing with Bridgewater right now, who's been barely average, having a career year and good enough to take to the SB.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need to get beyond the false dichotomy of it either being Mitch's fault or Nagy's fault or the O-line's fault. It only works if there's continuity throughout. Mitch might be a legit QB, Nagy might have a legit scheme but if Mitch isn't the right fit for the scheme or if Nagy is unwilling to tailor things to his strengths, this thing will continue to not work.

I feel like the problem is nothing is changing. I'm all for staying the course and getting things figured out but you also have to know when to say, "shit isn't working." Instead of lip-service we need to see some actual adjustments. Last year what worked was getting Mitch moving around, being conservative but also letting him take some shots. It's like anxiety has gripped this entire team and nobody can make a move.

Well it isn't working and it can't get any worse so try SOMETHING.

What you are describing is the logical fallacy known as a false dilemma (or, if you will, a false dichotomy). It's commonly utilized as a means of oversimplification in analysis of a problem trying to perpetuate the illusion of mutual exclusivity. And for what's it worth (practically nothing because I'm a mouth-breathing, anonymous internet cretin), I agree about assessing blame to a single entity.

The root cause of the problem is likely a conjunction of calamities and failures which a single correction won't reconcile. A difficult pill to swallow, undoubtedly, as that's not an easy or expedient solution to the offensive woes. Going back and analyzing what worked last season and implementing some of those plays or systems may be a good start. Who knows? If I did, I'd be making millions in the NFL. I'm just here to bitch and demand better performance while tipping back a brewski.

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing restores the broken confidence of a young QB like his coaches publicly absolving themselves of any responsibility. Shit show indeed.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What you are describing is the logical fallacy known as a false dilemma (or, if you will, a false dichotomy). It's commonly utilized as a means of oversimplification in analysis of a problem trying to perpetuate the illusion of mutual exclusivity. And for what's it worth (practically nothing because I'm a mouth-breathing, anonymous internet cretin), I agree about assessing blame to a single entity.

The root cause of the problem is likely a conjunction of calamities and failures which a single correction won't reconcile. A difficult pill to swallow, undoubtedly, as that's not an easy or expedient solution to the offensive woes. Going back and analyzing what worked last season and implementing some of those plays or systems may be a good start. Who knows? If I did, I'd be making millions in the NFL. I'm just here to bitch and demand better performance while tipping back a brewski.
Don't know if you're correct on this but I really like the post. ?

TomWaddle

Liked Posts:

Thank you for helping me make my point much more clearly than I could have on my own. cheers!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mitch is clueless, Nagy is stubborn, OL can't remember how to run block, and Monty is more ballet dancer than RB.

That about sums up the problems on offense.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The fact that Nagy says the things he says should be more troubling than even the poor QB play.

QB can be replaced as soon as the GM admits his error.

But the guy running the team and calling the plays has to be better than what we are seeing.

This. He's probably lying thru his teeth too. My bet is he spent all off season telling Trubs to play more from the pocket and now is lying about it.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Mitch is clueless, Nagy is stubborn, OL can't remember how to run block, and Monty is more ballet dancer than RB.

That about sums up the problems on offense.
Imagine testing away Jordan Howard because he was too much of a down hill runner....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Imagine testing away Jordan Howard because he was too much of a down hill runner....

Monty can catch outta the backfield though. I mean he has 11 catches for 85 yards thru 6 games. Meanwhile Howard had 11 catches for 87 yards thru 6 games last year. Lol, you can't make this shit up if you tried.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Monty can catch outta the backfield though. I mean he has 11 catches for 85 yards thru 6 games. Meanwhile Howard had 11 catches for 87 yards thru 6 games last year. Lol, you can't make this shit up if you tried.

Howard has more yards per carry than the Bears offense has per play. It's like the Bears weren't used to the positivity from fans/media so they tried to see how completely inept they could be. Like an ex con committing a crime because they miss the structure of prison life.