Warden of the Northeast Discusses Matt Nagy

Liked Posts:
Chase was brought in here to only help mitch grow not play in a game. As bad as mitch is now, he still gives us a better chance to win than chase.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Chase was brought in here to only help mitch grow not play in a game. As bad as mitch is now, he still gives us a better chance to win than chase.

I’m sorry, but if you cannot run a successful offense, and I mean even average with the guy who knows your system, and the guy you picked, then your “system” doesn’t work! Because you’ll need a great QB to run it! Guess what 90% of teams don’t have a great QB. If you cannot run a successful system with what you knew you had and what you chose, you’re not a good OC!

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m sorry, but if you cannot run a successful offense, and I mean even average with the guy who knows your system, and the guy you picked, then your “system” doesn’t work! Because you’ll need a great QB to run it! Guess what 90% of teams don’t have a great QB. If you cannot run a successful system with what you knew you had and what you chose, you’re not a good OC!

Spazz.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or maybe because he’s an idiot? He chose his ducking backup! Because he knew his “system” and the offense sucks just as bad with that backup! If an OC can’t have a decent offense with an NFL QB, then he doesn’t belong in the NFL.

Where is this decent QB?

Daniel was brought in here to mentor Mitch. The fact that the offense doesn't look any different with Daniel, who has 0 NFL physical traits, is an indictment of Mitch.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel is not an average NFL QB. He is bad. Almost all backup QBs are bad.

32 teams in the NFL, being an average QB means you are around 14-18 in the NFL, maybe a little worse as there is a bigger pool of average QBs.

No backup QBs in the NFL are average outside of Teddy.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Or maybe because he’s an idiot? He chose his ducking backup! Because he knew his “system” and the offense sucks just as bad with that backup! If an OC can’t have a decent offense with an NFL QB, then he doesn’t belong in the NFL.

He has two backup level QBs. Holding a coach to the standard of "if you can't get it done with turds you suck" is ridiculous.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel is not an average NFL QB. He is bad. Almost all backup QBs are bad.

32 teams in the NFL, being an average QB means you are around 14-18 in the NFL, maybe a little worse as there is a bigger pool of average QBs.

I’ve seen every single backup QB in a proven system play at least average or better. Nick Foles? Garopolo? Don’t even know the name of the KC one right now? the Indianapolis One? The NYG one? Heck even Minshew, Rudolph, the one in Carolina. Heck even in Bears history, backups don’t change much from starters. And are sometimes better like Miller.

The fact that it doesn’t change much from Trubisky and Daniel, is because they are both at the same level and the system is not that good.

Last edited:

shoez90

Liked Posts:
what a fkin joke and anyone who accepts that. every minute counts look at our games, if he made plays when it mattered he would suk for three quarters and win in the hands end in spite of it. instead he is not a NFL level starter like ikeep fkin saying join sanchez, Manziel, quinn, leinart, leftwich, smith, young, rg3, and that is recent memory. sticking with him wont make his instincts better. Nagy is over hyped everyone wants a young coach phenom guess what they more rare than unicorns. look around league sho me the proof again it happens the real test is how long do you let failed experiment fester and break down locker room. they are well paid professionals they will be fine after they get traded or cut trust me...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He cant bash Trubisky cause he doesnt have anyone better. Turning on your qb in this situation only makes things worse in locker room and hurts in free agency.

You can't bash you're QB or any player ever if you keep it professional which some players and/or coaches can't seem to do but there's a right way for coaches to talk about their players and a right way for players to talk about their coaches when they know how to be professional on and off the field. Of course Nagy and other coaches and front office people are saying things differently in private and players are doing the same about coaches or front office people.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is why I was so adamant about trading for another QB...you now our tied to mitch for the rest of the season and have no other option. You are thus wasting an opportunity to prepare for a future

But is taking the contracts that would of come with any of the scrubs that we could of got worth it when we're already so cash strapped is the real question that the people that actually have to do this job are dealing with? It's easy for us to say we should of traded for Dalton or Mariota or Foles or Cam or whoever but we don't have to fit the contract (which for all of them besides maybe Mariota are pretty significant) into our cap for this year and next and with Foles for the next 3-4 years. I'd love to have gotten one of those guys in here even if it was just to push Trubisky but there's a whole other side of this that i don't have to deal with. Unless one of these guys or another vet gets cut then i think we have to just rock with Trubisky and see if we can get more out of him and Nagy is a huge part of getting more out of him. If he doesn't get his play calling better then he's hurting the team and Trubisky.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not only that, you’re giving this fucking idiot another 2-3 years of waste, to see if he can have a successful system, which I don’t think he can. The only way Nagy can be successful is with a HOF QB, or a system implemented by a great coach like Reid.

Just bring in Mike McCarthy and make Nagy his OC...LOL. Obviously a move like that would never happen but i think McCarthy might be the kind of guy Trubusky needs.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
He has two backup level QBs. Holding a coach to the standard of "if you can't get it done with turds you suck" is ridiculous.
Nagy sucks, his play calling is atrocious. If you have a bad QB, a coach will change his style, not numbnuts Nagy. He's a fraud.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Unless you have a great offensive mind and play caller that knows how to make them look average or even better than average in the case of Beathard and Mullens and how Shanny gets them to play like it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He said this regarding his performance on the final drive on Sunday. So apparently the first 58 minutes of the game doesn't matter? He's ok with his QB sucking the rest of the game?

This guy is clearly way in over his head. He's super arrogant and condescending.

He also said on Monday that his decision to kneel was not fear based, this after saying on Sunday he kneeled because the potential for a fumble, penalty, or a 5 yard loss was there.

Guy is a joke at this point.

CCS should love him then.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Just bring in Mike McCarthy and make Nagy his OC...LOL. Obviously a move like that would never happen but i think McCarthy might be the kind of guy Trubusky needs.
I’d rather bring a better OC, and keep Nagy as a HC or fire him.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy is coaching like he's scared shitless of everything. Oh...if we run, we lose 3 yards and possibly fumble. If we pass, we get sacked, throw an int or fumble. I think it's that mentality that comes from Nagy that has caused a below average QB, in Trubisky, to become a very bad QB. He's got Trubisky seeing more ghosts than Sam Darnold ever did.

I found it especially curious as to why the Bears and Nagy felt the need to announce that they were sticking with Trubisky and he'd be the starter next week. Nobody fuckin' asked so why offer that kind of information? There was also the rumors of the Bears showing interest in CJ Beathard before the trade deadline. Can anybody really believe Nagy has an iota of confidence in his QB now?