Warden of the Northeast Discusses Matt Nagy

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
U guys are fucking idiots, Nagy at the press conference said we need to execute better.....not only that Mitch said he needs to do better........hell fucking yeah

giphy.gif

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am here to eat my words on Lamar VS Mitch. Earlier in the year I said that Trubisky is a much better thrower of the ball, but Lamar has proven me wrong, and here is why... Jackson is as calm as a cucumber in the pocket. Trubisky just is not able to play with his head up and when he gets pressure he throws inaccurately.

Jackson is not perfect, his throwing motion can be terrible at times, but he stays calm and seems to find the open guy most times. Last night Lamar showed that a ball with touch, and slightly reduced velocity is more catchable, but he also has the ability to deliver a fastball.

I know a QB like Jackson still comes with a great deal of risk because he will run like a RB, but Lamar is "killing it", and Trubisky is "killing us".
Jackson put a lot of time into his arm this offseason and guess what? It actually got better. Mitch on the other hand...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One of the TV announcers said near the end of the 1st half that the Bears had ONE yard of offense!!!
So that's a positive.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well I'm glad that was settled. hasn't that been the strategy for the last 2 months though?
Shhh... dont tell people their secrets. Just wait til next week.....Nagy will say "sloppy" execution and Mitch will say he should have made that read.....I'm so happy to be a Bears fan!

Liked Posts:
He had a whole year of hard evidence on what Mitch does well (move the pocket and get him on the run) and tries this this year to make him something that he's not and never will be. It makes no sense.

Baltimore is catering the offense around what Jackson does well, they aren't making him try and be something he's not. I don't think Jackson is a good QB but he's being used exactly how he should be and it's working. Trubisky was 3rd in QBR in the NFL last year because he was being put in positions where he could be effective.

Nagy is 100% responsible for this mess, he's not putting his most important player in a position to win games.

Liked Posts:
Baltimore also uses the full back too. If you ask me, that's how they beat the Pats. That and with some good TE blocking. They gave a strong blue print of how to beat them.
Definitely! But I'm just saying they aren't trying to reinvent the wheel with Jackson's play. Didn't Nagy say last year that he's learning what Mitch does well and throwing everything else out? What happened to that?

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Real question lies is if Ginny and Teddy give Nagy a do over and trump Pace vs. Firing Nagy. Like it was an off year aka growing pains for MT. Same old shit.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Disagree. With a half way decent, even mediocre really, the bears have wins against Green Bay, LA, and Philadelphia. That puts us at 6-2. It’s on Pace.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Halfway decent what? QB? I think a QB being allowed to play to his strengths would have won those games.
Sorry, yeah I meant QB. While your point is true I would argue though that if the games were hypothetically replayed with the exact same play calling sequence with a half way decent QB we would have won all 3 of those games by at least 10 points.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Now's the time to see if Nagy will consume this dose of humility and go with what works to create a baseline he can expand off of. So far he has seem quite reluctant to do so. To the point that he keeps calling these weak ass 0 - 3 yard pass plays, when the defense is already crowding the line of scrimmage early in games. Even a blind man can see that the power run game has led to the offense getting into it's grove the last 2 weeks in a row. GTFO with this "I didn't come here to run the I formation" crap... You came here to win and bring a trophy to Chicago. Maybe bench your ego for a few weeks and let the offensive line build up their confidence a bit by letting them attack in the run game.
still need a game plan. Nagy isn't using one. I fking still can't believe it.