dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It was a scoring play. All TDs are automatically reviewed. Means it was reviewed and upheld.

Good call. Didn't even think about that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I thought they missed the call.

But...that wasn't going to save the Bears this game. They look as if they cashed it in this year. The first possession was that of a team waiting for another bye week till OTAs

They definitely missed the call and although i agree that the defense isn't giving their all on every play it's hard for me to say they totally cashed it in. There were some plays that you could see certain guys didn't give their all like i thought E.Jackson had a bad game or a game that he didn't give his all on every play.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Didn't the ref specifically say there was no offensive PI on that play? I'm pretty sure he did. But, yead, a HC could suggest the ref look for something specifically while they review a scoring play so still wouldn't require a challenge be made by the HC.
Yeah but for that 1, there must have been 100 that were upheld. PI, either way, does not look like a good challenge to make anyway. The refs have not looked at all willing to reverse those type calls.

Yeah adding the HC challenge for PI calls has made the league even more of a joke cause it really really has to be a no doubt about it type PI for them to make the call. I've seen some that could and should of been called on the coaches challenge not get called and you lose a timeout which hurts even more especially if it's the 2nd half.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can't believe people continue to defend Nagy. Its laughable at this point. The guy continues to try and do things we don't do well.

We don't do anything well.

Bears Super Bowl

Liked Posts:
We don't do anything well.
Why don't they roll Trubisky out more or get him out of the pocket? He just stands in the pocket like a sitting duck. Plays should be designed to get him on the edge to use his athleticism and cut down the field. It's obvious he has limitations but this is a square peg in a round hole right now...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Bears need to take a look at the Ravens offense. That seems to be a system that would fit Mitch
I am here to eat my words on Lamar VS Mitch. Earlier in the year I said that Trubisky is a much better thrower of the ball, but Lamar has proven me wrong, and here is why... Jackson is as calm as a cucumber in the pocket. Trubisky just is not able to play with his head up and when he gets pressure he throws inaccurately.

Jackson is not perfect, his throwing motion can be terrible at times, but he stays calm and seems to find the open guy most times. Last night Lamar showed that a ball with touch, and slightly reduced velocity is more catchable, but he also has the ability to deliver a fastball.

I know a QB like Jackson still comes with a great deal of risk because he will run like a RB, but Lamar is "killing it", and Trubisky is "killing us".

jc456

Liked Posts:
I think Nagys biggest fault is his stubbornness tho I kind of understand it. He doesnt want to run some basic ass system but thats all Trubisky can even kinda handle(still not really).

Maybe he feels if he covers it up he will be stuck with Trubs even longer? Maybe he wants a new QB but has to prove to Pace Trubs will never be the guy?
have a game plan would be a great start.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Yeah adding the HC challenge for PI calls has made the league even more of a joke cause it really really has to be a no doubt about it type PI for them to make the call. I've seen some that could and should of been called on the coaches challenge not get called and you lose a timeout which hurts even more especially if it's the 2nd half.

You would think non ball carrier hand-to-facemask contact past 5 yards would be a black and white decision. But i'm not sold that NFL refs actually wanted this rule and really don't want to give teams the ability to force-question their decisions.

jc456

Liked Posts:
English is not my language. But I think it’s exactly the opposite, he said they played closer than the score indicated.
a half is 30 minutes, and his offense was on the field for nine minutes. total only 19:48. Ouch!!!!

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now's the time to see if Nagy will consume this dose of humility and go with what works to create a baseline he can expand off of. So far he has seem quite reluctant to do so. To the point that he keeps calling these weak ass 0 - 3 yard pass plays, when the defense is already crowding the line of scrimmage early in games. Even a blind man can see that the power run game has led to the offense getting into it's grove the last 2 weeks in a row. GTFO with this "I didn't come here to run the I formation" crap... You came here to win and bring a trophy to Chicago. Maybe bench your ego for a few weeks and let the offensive line build up their confidence a bit by letting them attack in the run game.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
can it get much worse?
In the first half, it would be almost impossible to get worse than that. But it feels like this question is asked every week and it continues to get worse. Maybe they have a bounce back game where they give you 25th ranked offensive production and then they sink back to 28th, 29th.
Why don't they roll Trubisky out more or get him out of the pocket?
There has to be a reason and i would love to know what it is because it doesn't make sense. As bad as Nagy is, he's a professional. He absolutely knows Mitch's strengths and weaknesses. I don't see how any coach could willingly limit his QBs abilities because it hurts your offense, which in turn hurts the man in charge of it. None of it makes sense. If it is something Mitch wants to do and Nagy wont let him, Mitch should find his balls and say something publicly. It's his career on the line. At this rate he'll be out of the league in 2021.

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Actually the 1st half offensive production hasn't been as low as it was yesterday in 40 years.
One of the TV announcers said near the end of the 1st half that the Bears had ONE yard of offense!!!

mecha

Liked Posts:
One of the TV announcers said near the end of the 1st half that the Bears had ONE yard of offense!!!

teams that played the '85 Bears did better than this. why does it always seem to revolve around the shitty Eagles getting the one up on them? LOL

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
teams that played the '85 Bears did better than this. why does it always seem to revolve around the shitty Eagles getting the one up on them? LOL
I do not know why, but you are right. It is always the Eagles going back to Wendell Davis blowing out both patellas on the crappy astro turf at the old Veterans Stadium.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
I think Nagys biggest fault is his stubbornness tho I kind of understand it. He doesnt want to run some basic ass system but thats all Trubisky can even kinda handle(still not really).

Maybe he feels if he covers it up he will be stuck with Trubs even longer? Maybe he wants a new QB but has to prove to Pace Trubs will never be the guy?
That’s just wishful thinking, and denial. Nagy is not even that smart. And if he’s doing that, he’s not really a HC.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Eagles were stacking the box..On some plays I saw 10 guys in the box..It's hard to run against that...The only way to stop that is to throw over the top a few times to back them off...Maybe next week Nagy will make adjustments before halftime

1) Yea I think that NAGY needs to go all out and continue to develop his 3 : 1 pass to run O.

2) We need to EXTEND Hiestad(sp) because that's the McCaskey way

3) We need to somehow put another "smurf" out there to fight for the ball and manhandle DBs.

4) We need to not use the I formation at all because other teams have already seen it might work

5) ..............

6) ..................

7) ....................

Finding reasons is So EZ this year

( How could ANY ONE person be responsible for this shit show )