Wasnt Emery demoted?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shea will come into his own this season and make a bigger impact maybe even push to start.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Scouting reports:

Yeah, my bad. Totally unwarranted.

So your argument is that scouts thought that he had to lose weight in order to be an OLB (obviously not the position he'll be playing here)? "He has displayed enough athletic ability for teams to consider him at outside backer," yet he's not athletic enough to play DE? Awesome...

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So your argument is that scouts thought that he had to lose weight in order to be an OLB (obviously not the position he'll be playing here)? "He has displayed enough athletic ability for teams to consider him at outside backer," yet he's not athletic enough to play DE? Awesome...

Odd, I highlight you saying size isn't a concern..cite two reports citing size as a major issue and this is your response.

Are you daft?

I also never said he wasn't atheltic enough to play. DE.

Botfly understood it. Read and try to understand. If you're too dumb to get it this time..just don't bother responding:

I don't think Shea sucks. What I'm saying is that he's not your typical "athletically metric" pick that people kind of figure Emery would take, especially in the 1st round. He doesn't wow you with size or drill numbers, he wasn't overly productive in college in a small conference, etc. (There were questions about him fitting in a 4-3 system(most people had him going to a system that runs a 3-4). He's just this weird outlier for Emery in terms of the way he is viewed and based on a lot of his comments in how he evaluates players for the draft

Add this into the context of this previous comment:

the difference there is those guys generally tested off the charts athletically or had crazy big upside potential. Shea didn't test that highly. I agree if you don't have one or the other it can somewhat balance out but Shea seems to have neither in relation to the guys you mentioned above.

Last edited:

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
A lot of head scratching picks? People say Shea is undersized despite the fact that he is as big as Alex Brown was, and has room to add more weight. People dont like Long's lack of experience, but he has some good coaches around him that are good at building a solid playbook based on a good scheme.

the rest of his picks for us have been great, he has found good value after the first round.

The problem with this argument is that it sounds just like Angelo. Questionable 1st round picks, and then finding "gems" in later rounds.

If that wasn't that Angelo then I don't know what is.....

BEARS

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Odd, I highlight you saying size isn't a concern..cite two reports citing size as a major issue and this is your response.

Are you daft?

You cited two reports that worried about his size at a position he isn't playing. Can you read?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You cited two reports that worried about his size at a position he isn't playing. Can you read?

So they were worried about him being undersized playing OLB...but he'd totally be big enough to play DE?!?!?!?

Pop quiz: who are generally larger DE's or OLB's?

[video=youtube;zDAmPIq29ro]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro[/video]

Are you high?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So they were worried about him being undersized playing OLB...but he'd totally be big enough to play DE?!?!?!?

Are you high?

" he could absolutely stand to lose weight" From your own post.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That was from the DL report. Hmm...perhaps they mean he's carrying too much baby fat?

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
DL:
McClellin is a strong player inside for the Broncos who uses good leverage to get under heavier offensive linemen and jolt them back in their stance. He is aggressive in his slants to get inside and create disruption in the backfield. He is stout despite playing underweight, and can hold off linemen and smother tight ends at the point of attack. He has no problem tackling and is a good pass rusher; he employs a quick-trigger off the line and uses his hands to swat and then dip around unassuming tackles. He is good to keep hands off his body, a solid defensive tactic for a player his size. Once in the backfield, he finishes plays with flare and can run down most quarterbacks.

McClellin will have a tough time convincing teams, even though he has been productive, to take a shot on him early in the draft because of his size. He has displayed enough athletic ability for teams to consider him at outside backer, but size is his only true, glaring fault and he could absolutely stand to lose weight as he enters the next level. He can get smothered by double teams and moved aside by more powerful linemen with NFL talent.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Are you high?

They were worried about him being OVERSIZED: Read your own shit man:

McClellin will have a tough time convincing teams, even though he has been productive, to take a shot on him early in the draft because of his size. He has displayed enough athletic ability for teams to consider him at outside backer, but size is his only true, glaring fault and he could absolutely stand to lose weight as he enters the next level. He can get smothered by double teams and moved aside by more powerful linemen with NFL talent.

The complaint was him being underweight for a DE, and overweight for a OLB.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They were worried about him being OVERSIZED: Read your own shit man:

How fucking baked are you?

In the paragraph talking about his "strengths" they say he is underweight. Holy shit.

I get that you want to defend every shit house pick made by your team but for god sakes.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The overview from the same damn scouting report:

McClellin has started three consecutive years at defensive end for Boise State. He is an undersized DE who 3-4 teams will value at the OLB position. At just under 260 pounds, he can struggle at times against bigger linemen, but he has fifth-round value.

"Mayock's take: "He's one of the two fastest risers I've had in the last month. I didn't think a 4-3 team would take him.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
His lack of size and strength were a big reason why most teams envisioned him being an outside rusher in a 3-4 scheme
From an article a month ago....

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
BTW, Shea won't be playing at 270 this year.

From the Tribune last month:
'McClellin said he has added 5 to 7 pounds and is about 258, meaning he was playing below his listed weight of 260 last season."

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You are the same person that claimed he wasn't impressively athletic, right? Said things like "he wasn't overly productive in college in a small conference" then followed that up with posts that praise his production? Bitched about his size at DE while quoting articles that complained about his size as a LB? (your star LB is 255 btw.) Cute.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
You have to understand Emery is a hard line sabermetrics junkie blended with Al Davis.

He is fixated on minutia and struggles with taking all those gazzillion pieces into a big picture master plan. He has a plan. He has specific things he is looking for. I think he will do well, and he could be better. Maybe he will learn or put someone near his right hand who he trusts.
I prefer people who are thorough with gathering relevant info, looking at the big picture, thorough with the details, and stay focused on the important goals, and listen to good advise, and delegates responsibilities to appropriate others. If they have all those qualities in good measure, they usually don't miss the forest for the trees, so to speak.

FirstTimer

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are the same person that claimed he wasn't impressively athletic, right? Said things like "he wasn't overly productive in college in a small conference" then followed that up with posts that praise his production? Bitched about his size at DE while quoting articles that complained about his size as a LB? (your star LB is 255 btw.) Cute.

He's also a 3-4 rush OLB in a different defense,..but yeah..no difference there.

No, I said for Shea's size as a DE he isn't overly athletic when you start throwing out names like Freeny, or JPP, Mario Williams(who is now 290lb and a freak of nature). And I don't feel Shea was overly productive at Boise, they moved him around a lot which coul dbe part of it but he doesn't jump off the page.

Honest question: Are you high or just this dumb?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
BTW, Shea won't be playing at 270 this year.

From the Tribune last month:
'McClellin said he has added 5 to 7 pounds and is about 258, meaning he was playing below his listed weight of 260 last season."
I believe Shea himself said he will continue to work on gaining Muscle throughout the summer.
Don't see him playing at 270 but 260-265 isn't a stretch.