Watch Deng sign elsewhere while we chase Melo and end up overpaying Danny Granger!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not cool with Melo.....that would waste Rose.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Melo said he wants to stay in NY. I doubt we get him.

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
I would trade Luol Deng for Carmelo Anthony right now! Is there really an argument?

I would not trade Luol Deng for Carmelo Anthony straight up even if their contracts were identical. I don't want that fat, cancerous, blackhole, ball-stopping, one dimensional overrated piece of shit anywhere near my team. As a poster above said he would waste Rose. I'll also add that there would be no ball-movement on offense, our defense would be significantly worse, and well... basically every aspect of the team would be worse.

Carmelo Anthony is the single most overrated player in NBA history.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
In my opinion I think it's going to come down do we chase Danny Granger. I highly doubt Melo opts out of NYC. I won't speculate on what LeBron will do. So if Granger hits the open market, will he be an upgrade over Deng?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i will puke if we overpay granger....i think dude is done anyway

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Personally, I wouldn't mind if we get Granger, at the right price. IMO, the best way to combat the Heat is to make it's best player work on both ends. I think that's why the Pacers were so successful against the Heat was because LeBron had to constantly D up George. I'm not saying it's the key to beat the Heat but if we make LeBron work on both ends and we still have Butler to D up the other teams best wing scorer, I think it'll be a good fit for the Bulls. As long as it's for the right price.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Id trade anyone on the Bulls roster except Rose for Melo in a New York heartbeat.

Get it done PaxGar. :smug:

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Thank Allah, Buddha, Jesus and Satan that you are not the Bulls gm.

Thank Allah that YOU are not the gm.

So basically you wouldnt want 1 of the top 3 scorers in the entire NBA on your team? Really?
Ill bet youare one of those idiots that wouldnt want Lebron(the best player in the NBA) on your team either i suppose.

Okay, suit yourself.

:obama:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
you would think after searching for a scoring teammate to pair with Rose for so long ppl would be willing to give a max deal to Jamal Crawford

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd still take Melo :shrug:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But ending up with Danny Granger (or someone similar) is something I could totally see happening. Sad truth.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we get Granger for less then 10 mil im all for it lol. Deng can only decline from now on. He is still valuable but we could use some fresher legs at SF and someone who can really score. I think Snell is really the main SF going forward though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If we get Granger for less then 10 mil im all for it lol. Deng can only decline from now on. He is still valuable but we could use some fresher legs at SF and someone who can really score. I think Snell is really the main SF going forward though.
Imo if Granger is going for less than 10M there's something wrong with him. I'm not sure Granger could be called fresher legs than Deng given that he's actually older, but he's logged less minutes overall so perhaps in that sense. At least Granger is a scorer though so even if we did overpay to get him, he'd be able to stretch the floor and take a bit of pressure off Rose and perhaps help Snell become a better scorer. He'd be way on the decline during the deal though so people will get real tired of him real fast.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
While I don't think Melo is a team leader that brings a team to the promise land, I'd definitely trade Deng for Melo straight up. There is no doubt about that.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think more rests on Snell's success this season, than anything else. If Snell convinces the bunch that he's going to fit, then I believe that would indicate the Bulls being very open to letting Deng walk, if no ideal contract or trade happens. Not what I want to see happen, just what I think will indicate more of what WILL happen.