Watch Deng sign elsewhere while we chase Melo and end up overpaying Danny Granger!

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
1. I've been watching the NBA since the 92/93 season

2. Carmelo Anthony being one of the top 2 or 3 scorers in the game is factually incorrect (Lebron, Durant, and Harden are ahead of him by a significant margin)

3. Carmelo Anthony is good at one thing and one thing only. He is a good iso scorer. That's it. He's a mediocre defender (at best), a mediocre rebounder, one of the most horrific ball-hogs in the history of the game, a horrible passer, and his BBIQ is mentally challenged at best and brain dead at worst. He's also being paid about 8 million dollars or so over his actual value.

4. The idea that he is a top ten player is laughable and this is literally the only basketball board that I post on where the majority of the users think he's a top player. Just because he's good in NBA2k, is good when it comes to fantasy basketball, is voted into all-star games by fans, in is in a lot of commercials doesn't mean anything.

5. He has the worst playoffs record in the history of the NBA.

6. He's a cancer, and I really don't want to have to put the rest of the Bulls squad through radiation and chemo therapy.

7. The fact that he plays for a loser franchise like the Knicks is so fitting, because he's a loser.

I think S.I. has him top 10 also.

When I call him a top scorer in the league, I am talking about what he does well...score in the post, score facing up, score from long range....and if you want to use facts...who LED THE LEAGUE IN SCORING last year? And I don't think Durant and Harden can score in as many ways as Melo can...not at all. Lebron is approaching it, but Lebron just started to do on a regular basis what Melo has been doing for years when it comes to scoring in versatile ways.

If you look at Carmelo's numbers, they are a lot like Dominique Wilkins' numbers. Most great scorers are selfish. Jordan, Kobe...especially wing scorers. What you didn't mention is that Carmelo is one of the great clutch players in the league. I think Thibs and Derrick Rose make Melo an even greater player. But he is a hall of famer regardless.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Also, Danny Granger is a very intelligent player who would fit into our team schemes and attitudes well. If we lost Deng, he would be decent consolation at hopefully less than a max contract which I doubt we could afford. If we are talking about Deng walking to the biggest contract, and we could develop Snell/Butler while adding Granger/Miro to the mix, it would change us but it would be hard to say if we would be better or worse. Deng/Miro and a tenth overall pick from the bobcats plus Snell in year two and Butler an all-star-------future is bright guys. Relax

Nope, try again...Granger ain't the answer either. The last thing the Bulls need is some long range shooting pseudo tough guy. No thanks.

And also no thanks to the Nostradamus predictions. Butler an all star? Let's sit back and wait to see what he does. He has already surpassed my expectations...

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
One thing that worries me about the Bocats pick is they signed Al Jefferson. Now, while I know he's not a franchise changer, he alone will get them a lot more victories then they've had in previous years. And, even when the Bobcats have had great chances to get the number 1 pick, they have failed to do so.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing that worries me about the Bocats pick is they signed Al Jefferson. Now, while I know he's not a franchise changer, he alone will get them a lot more victories then they've had in previous years. And, even when the Bobcats have had great chances to get the number 1 pick, they have failed to do so.

That doesn't worry man, I just want to get a pick from them in the top 15. If we get better, awesome, but the sooner the better.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well maybe Wiggins or Parker will have a drop in their draft stock.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
not the same at all, Lebron is one of the best team players in the NBA....not one of, he is the best all around basketball player. While Melo is a dysfunctional scorer. Like someone said above, I wouldn't want him for a minimum contract. SERIOUS!!!!! He stops ball flow, he overshoots, and he isn't very good at defense other than being strong and flashing when he isn't tired or lazy or slow in his lateral movement and reactions. He can trail and block, but not like Scottie Pippen or Luol Deng.

Wouldn't want him. Don't care about his points because his shot volume is outrageous, and his off nights are brutal. Why take the ball out of the hands of the best point guard in the league? Surround Rose with shooters, defenders, and rebounding...(like they are doing), and stay away from Melo.

I won't ever talk about this again, because its a pipe dream anyway, thank god only Scottie's and Housy's and a few other sheets are wet.

Pipe Dreams?
Didnt you know that building championships start with pipedreams, and achieving the highest stature requires going for the impossible.
6 title in 8 years is a Pipe Dream?
Better talk to Mike bout that one.
Derrick Rose wearing a Bulls Jersey in the first place was impossible, well wasnt it?....RIGHT!
Coming back into full form after a career ending type ACL injury? IMPOSSIBLE? PIPE DREAM?
Umm, Okay. :smug:

Lebron, Wade and Lebron together on the Heat in the first place started as a pipedream.
Owners and Gms like Pat Riley do whatever it takes and turn pipedreams into reality.
Nothings IMPOSSIBLE and Lebron becoming a Bull is certainly not IMPOSSIBLE.
But for Owners, Gms and franchises that have that "IT CANT BE DONE" attitude like yourself, it IS IMpossible.
Thank God your not the GM, but unfortunately it appears in this reality that we do have a F.O that IS overly conservitive and operate under that "not possible" format like yourself.....Maybe you are J.P. :(
If Lebron going back to the fucked up ass Cleveland Cavs franchise is a more likely possibility than coming to the so called World Class Chicago Bulls franchise, then that certainly says alot to me........That would mean Lebron would feel its more possible to win more rings in Cleveland than Chicago..........Well, wouldnt it?.......Thats pretty fucked up dude...:(

Well, Lebron is the best basketball in the WORLD, so any Bulls fan that wouldnt want him on the team shouldnt even call themselves Bulls fans because that proves that these so called fans dont care about getting better because of personal dislikings about Lebron and other superstar caliber players(winners).....
Im not crazy about his character a few years ago, but i always wanted him to be a Bull..., By the way, he has matured a Hell of alot the last few years and bottom line is hes the best of the best all around.
You are fools for not wanting him on the team.
And Jerry, Gar and Pax are fools if they dont at least try to take another shot at him when hes a free agent again.
If the Bulls FO does happen to make another run at him, they had better be more convincing rather than showing Lebron a bunch Jordan footage and Bulls history videos again...........That shit is old news and the Bulls orginization needs to realize that they cant continue to sell themselves to free agents basing everything on Jordan and the 90s Bulls.
That shit is over kid...........Its not about Jordan anymore in these superstar free agents like LBJ are working on passing up Jordan and i have no doubt Lebron has it made up in his mind to try and win more than 6 titles.............Its not even Kobes world no more........As long as Lebron is on the top of his game, its his world now....
Hes not going to be the one calling on teams to sign him.....PaxGarJerry and Rose are gonna have to call and knock on his door if they have enough sense in there brains..............REAL TALK son...

Uhhhh duhhhh, just show Lebron the Jordan statue, that oughta convince him.
Hey Pax, just show him Jordan videos, that will convince him becuase the Bulls were the best until 16 years ago.
Ummmmmm, duuuuuuh yeah fucking right ....

Lebron dont care to see Jordan videos, because hes probably seen it 1000 times before like everybody else in the damned world.
Lebrons a champion now, so rolling out a red carpet for him would be logical, if the Bulls are lucky enough to get another interview from him at all.
If 2013 was 1993, then Lebron is Jordan, therefore PaxGar need to start right now in making Lebron James, the first and foremost o bjective in who to try to sign.
This time PaxGar should be the humble ones if they by some small chance have an opportunity again with him.

And dont give me this dumbass bullshit about Lebron being 100% certain he was joining the Heat before the end of his Cav career......Im dont buy it.........Im sure Miami was 1 of the top of his lists depending on where Wade was going, but i havnt seen any PROOF from anybody that Lebron, Wade and Bosh knew and planned teaming up in Miami years prior.
At the time Lebron interviewed with PaxGar, Wade had not resigned with Miami because he also was considering the Bulls.
It was very possible for PaxGar to play big like Pat Riley did.

Lebrons calling the shots now.
So a little ass kissing might be required from PaxGar this time.........So they need to start puckering up now cuz the time is near.....

And it would be in Derrick Rose's best interest to maybe start texting Lebron on the side and do a little recruiting himself, and if not i hope he hands his Iphone to his brother... Ill bet Reggie would try and recruit for him. :lol:
Derrick would gain alot of knowledge from Lebron if Derrick was ever blessed enough to become Lebrons teammate on the Bulls or any team Lebron runs. Derrick would need Lebron a hell of alot more than Lebron needs him.
And the same goes for the Bulls as a whole if Championships truely is the Bulls goal.
So yall understand, whether Lebron stays with Miami or not, whatever team Lebron is playing on will most likely be the title favorite in the NBA.......Therefore Lebron should be Pax-Gar-Jerry-Derricks number 1 guy to go after and recruit at the very second Lebron hits the free agent market.........To be the best, bring in the best..........Nomore of this Hinrich dunleavy Loul Deng Boozer crap Sanford and sonlike free agent signings......Just being good enough isnt GOOD ENOUGH.

Derrick could purhaps potentially play a great Pippenlike Tonto type roll for King James. :smug:

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pipe Dreams?
Didnt you know that building championships start with pipedreams, and achieving the highest stature requires going for the impossible.
6 title in 8 years is a Pipe Dream?
Better talk to Mike bout that one.
Derrick Rose wearing a Bulls Jersey in the first place was impossible, well wasnt it?....RIGHT!
Coming back into full form after a career ending type ACL injury? IMPOSSIBLE? PIPE DREAM?
Umm, Okay. :smug:

Lebron, Wade and Lebron together on the Heat in the first place started as a pipedream.
Owners and Gms like Pat Riley do whatever it takes and turn pipedreams into reality.
Nothings IMPOSSIBLE and Lebron becoming a Bull is certainly not IMPOSSIBLE.
But for Owners, Gms and franchises that have that "IT CANT BE DONE" attitude like yourself, it IS IMpossible.
Thank God your not the GM, but unfortunately it appears in this reality that we do have a F.O that IS overly conservitive and operate under that "not possible" format like yourself.....Maybe you are J.P. :(
If Lebron going back to the fucked up ass Cleveland Cavs franchise is a more likely possibility than coming to the so called World Class Chicago Bulls franchise, then that certainly says alot to me........That would mean Lebron would feel its more possible to win more rings in Cleveland than Chicago..........Well, wouldnt it?.......Thats pretty fucked up dude...:(

Well, Lebron is the best basketball in the WORLD, so any Bulls fan that wouldnt want him on the team shouldnt even call themselves Bulls fans because that proves that these so called fans dont care about getting better because of personal dislikings about Lebron and other superstar caliber players(winners).....
Im not crazy about his character a few years ago, but i always wanted him to be a Bull..., By the way, he has matured a Hell of alot the last few years and bottom line is hes the best of the best all around.
You are fools for not wanting him on the team.
And Jerry, Gar and Pax are fools if they dont at least try to take another shot at him when hes a free agent again.
If the Bulls FO does happen to make another run at him, they had better be more convincing rather than showing Lebron a bunch Jordan footage and Bulls history videos again...........That shit is old news and the Bulls orginization needs to realize that they cant continue to sell themselves to free agents basing everything on Jordan and the 90s Bulls.
That shit is over kid...........Its not about Jordan anymore in these superstar free agents like LBJ are working on passing up Jordan and i have no doubt Lebron has it made up in his mind to try and win more than 6 titles.............Its not even Kobes world no more........As long as Lebron is on the top of his game, its his world now....
Hes not going to be the one calling on teams to sign him.....PaxGarJerry and Rose are gonna have to call and knock on his door if they have enough sense in there brains..............REAL TALK son...

Uhhhh duhhhh, just show Lebron the Jordan statue, that oughta convince him.
Hey Pax, just show him Jordan videos, that will convince him becuase the Bulls were the best until 16 years ago.
Ummmmmm, duuuuuuh yeah fucking right ....

Lebron dont care to see Jordan videos, because hes probably seen it 1000 times before like everybody else in the damned world.
Lebrons a champion now, so rolling out a red carpet for him would be logical, if the Bulls are lucky enough to get another interview from him at all.
If 2013 was 1993, then Lebron is Jordan, therefore PaxGar need to start right now in making Lebron James, the first and foremost o bjective in who to try to sign.
This time PaxGar should be the humble ones if they by some small chance have an opportunity again with him.

And dont give me this dumbass bullshit about Lebron being 100% certain he was joining the Heat before the end of his Cav career......Im dont buy it.........Im sure Miami was 1 of the top of his lists depending on where Wade was going, but i havnt seen any PROOF from anybody that Lebron, Wade and Bosh knew and planned teaming up in Miami years prior.
At the time Lebron interviewed with PaxGar, Wade had not resigned with Miami because he also was considering the Bulls.
It was very possible for PaxGar to play big like Pat Riley did.

Lebrons calling the shots now.
So a little ass kissing might be required from PaxGar this time.........So they need to start puckering up now cuz the time is near.....

And it would be in Derrick Rose's best interest to maybe start texting Lebron on the side and do a little recruiting himself, and if not i hope he hands his Iphone to his brother... Ill bet Reggie would try and recruit for him. :lol:
Derrick would gain alot of knowledge from Lebron if Derrick was ever blessed enough to become Lebrons teammate on the Bulls or any team Lebron runs. Derrick would need Lebron a hell of alot more than Lebron needs him.
And the same goes for the Bulls as a whole if Championships truely is the Bulls goal.
So yall understand, whether Lebron stays with Miami or not, whatever team Lebron is playing on will most likely be the title favorite in the NBA.......Therefore Lebron should be Pax-Gar-Jerry-Derricks number 1 guy to go after and recruit at the very second Lebron hits the free agent market.........To be the best, bring in the best..........Nomore of this Hinrich dunleavy Loul Deng Boozer crap Sanford and sonlike free agent signings......Just being good enough isnt GOOD ENOUGH.

Derrick could purhaps potentially play a great Pippenlike Tonto type roll for King James. :smug:

Hey, we are both passionate Bulls fans who want the best for the team Scottie. I used to love Scottie in equal proportion to Michael growing up, and 1995 was fun to prove to the rest of the league just how good he was alone.

My issue here is with Melo being part of a championship team, because I just don't think he is a part of any puzzle that ends in a championship. I don't know who you could play him with? If J.R. Smith and Melo are godlike players? Well they should be winning championships? no? Aren't they on the same team?

I am all for adding a max contract if Deng walks, or we could get out of Boozer. I have dreams too. My sister called a suicide hotline and made me talk to someone the day we traded Elton Brand for a high school player. I care about this, I just don't think Melo is the answer unless we are talking about that competition they have out in Alcatraz.

Lots of amazing players never won championships. Some of those didn't have the help they needed, and others just weren't the type of player that makes everyone around them better. Rose makes everyone better. Melo does not. He makes them worse, in my humble opinion. He won a championship in college, and his shooting performance as a freshman was one of the greatest in history, imo. He is very strong, and can play defense ok when he wants to. I just haven't seen the leadership, patience, and teammate elevation to remove the Dominique Wilkins parrallels from my vision. He is a great scorer capable of 40 on any given night. His team will win all those games, but they can't win the 8 for 29 26 point games. He is a handicap 2 out of 3 nights, but still puts up points by getting to the line, but 5 lazy plays on defense bleeds half that back, and the shot volume issue is still there. He is getting better, but is a long way from proving he can facilitate in the playoffs when it counts.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you be cool with that? I can easily see something like that go down. So Bulls!

While at the beginning of last year I was in agreement that NO ONE in the league guards LBJ better than Lu....we saw two guys guard him better than Lu in the playoffs.

One was Kawhi Leonard...and the other was Jimmy Butler.

By the end of the year- Jimmy will have made Lu completely expendable.

Daa Bearrs

Liked Posts:
I think S.I. has him top 10 also.

When I call him a top scorer in the league, I am talking about what he does well...score in the post, score facing up, score from long range....and if you want to use facts...who LED THE LEAGUE IN SCORING last year? And I don't think Durant and Harden can score in as many ways as Melo can...not at all. Lebron is approaching it, but Lebron just started to do on a regular basis what Melo has been doing for years when it comes to scoring in versatile ways.

If you look at Carmelo's numbers, they are a lot like Dominique Wilkins' numbers. Most great scorers are selfish. Jordan, Kobe...especially wing scorers. What you didn't mention is that Carmelo is one of the great clutch players in the league. I think Thibs and Derrick Rose make Melo an even greater player. But he is a hall of famer regardless.

The first half of your first sentence is correct. He can score in the post, score facing up, shoot the three ball, all of that... he has a lot moves in his arsenal. I don't doubt any of that.

As far as the second half of your first sentence, yeah he lead the league in scoring, but he did it by taking about 5670587390830573 million more shots than Kevin Durant and barely beat him out.

As far as his numbers being a lot like Dominique Wilkins numbers, I don't see how that's a good thing. Can you please tell me what Dominique did outside of being flashy, score a lot of points, and be a perennial loser?

And please never compare Melo to Jordan or Kobe again. That's absolutely fucking insulting to Jordan and Kobe.

FWIW, we are obviously never going to agree on this issue so with this post I'm just gonna drop the subject. You have your opinion and I have mine. No point in going back and forth when we'll never even come close to an agreement.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
not the same at all, Lebron is one of the best team players in the NBA....not one of, he is the best all around basketball player. While Melo is a dysfunctional scorer. Like someone said above, I wouldn't want him for a minimum contract. SERIOUS!!!!! He stops ball flow, he overshoots, and he isn't very good at defense other than being strong and flashing when he isn't tired or lazy or slow in his lateral movement and reactions. He can trail and block, but not like Scottie Pippen or Luol Deng.

you wouldn't take him for the minimum? lol thats crazy talk...melo is not THAT bad

melo looked great playing with other stars in the olympics

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
And also no thanks to the Nostradamus predictions. Butler an all star? Let's sit back and wait to see what he does. He has already surpassed my expectations...

whats funny is he just got done saying he doesn't want to talk about pipe dreams lol

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
Hey, we are both passionate Bulls fans who want the best for the team Scottie. I used to love Scottie in equal proportion to Michael growing up, and 1995 was fun to prove to the rest of the league just how good he was alone.

My issue here is with Melo being part of a championship team, because I just don't think he is a part of any puzzle that ends in a championship. I don't know who you could play him with? If J.R. Smith and Melo are godlike players? Well they should be winning championships? no? Aren't they on the same team?

I am all for adding a max contract if Deng walks, or we could get out of Boozer. I have dreams too. My sister called a suicide hotline and made me talk to someone the day we traded Elton Brand for a high school player. I care about this, I just don't think Melo is the answer unless we are talking about that competition they have out in Alcatraz.

Lots of amazing players never won championships. Some of those didn't have the help they needed, and others just weren't the type of player that makes everyone around them better. Rose makes everyone better. Melo does not. He makes them worse, in my humble opinion. He won a championship in college, and his shooting performance as a freshman was one of the greatest in history, imo. He is very strong, and can play defense ok when he wants to. I just haven't seen the leadership, patience, and teammate elevation to remove the Dominique Wilkins parrallels from my vision. He is a great scorer capable of 40 on any given night. His team will win all those games, but they can't win the 8 for 29 26 point games. He is a handicap 2 out of 3 nights, but still puts up points by getting to the line, but 5 lazy plays on defense bleeds half that back, and the shot volume issue is still there. He is getting better, but is a long way from proving he can facilitate in the playoffs when it counts.

Dude, i didnt say a damned word about Melo or JR Smith in my post.
What the hell are you talking about?
I was talking about Lebron and why PaXGaR should really make a top priority run at trying to convince him to be a Bull.
and why Derrick needs to do his part to try and at least semi recruit.

Its like you didnt read a single word i wrote, LMAO.

:obama:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you wouldn't take him for the minimum? lol thats crazy talk...melo is not THAT bad

melo looked great playing with other stars in the olympics

So....you would pay the league minimum for cancer? Basically, buy some insurance to not win an NBA championship? Melo can't win an NBA championship on any team. Put him on Miami and get rid of Bosh to test this.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude, i didnt say a damned word about Melo or JR Smith in my post.
What the hell are you talking about?
I was talking about Lebron and why PaXGaR should really make a top priority run at trying to convince him to be a Bull.
and why Derrick needs to do his part to try and at least semi recruit.

Its like you didnt read a single word i wrote, LMAO.

:obama:

I know you didn't, and I think Lebron could play with Rose too. #pipedream

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Can't wait for a full season of Bulls basketball talk on this forum!!

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
I know you didn't, and I think Lebron could play with Rose too. #pipedream

Well Derrick would certainly have to humble himself to play with Lebron, because lebron would instantly be the Bulls best player and Rose would have to be his Tonto.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The first half of your first sentence is correct. He can score in the post, score facing up, shoot the three ball, all of that... he has a lot moves in his arsenal. I don't doubt any of that.

As far as the second half of your first sentence, yeah he lead the league in scoring, but he did it by taking about 5670587390830573 million more shots than Kevin Durant and barely beat him out.

As far as his numbers being a lot like Dominique Wilkins numbers, I don't see how that's a good thing. Can you please tell me what Dominique did outside of being flashy, score a lot of points, and be a perennial loser?

And please never compare Melo to Jordan or Kobe again. That's absolutely fucking insulting to Jordan and Kobe.

FWIW, we are obviously never going to agree on this issue so with this post I'm just gonna drop the subject. You have your opinion and I have mine. No point in going back and forth when we'll never even come close to an agreement.

You stated that Harden was a better scorer than Melo....who told you that b.s.? Harden averages 20+ for the first time in his career and he is better at scoring than the guy who is averaging 25ppg over a 10 year career?

You don't see how comparing Melo's numbers to Wilkins is a good thing? Spoken like someone who didn't watch basketball until 1992. Wilkins is one of the greatest scorers in league history. He was flashy in the same era Jordan was flashy in. What Wilkins didn't have was great players surrounding him.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
In the 1994 season, Dominique was traded to the Clippers for Danny Manning.
Has to be one of the worst backfiring moves ever.
Manning left the Hawks right after that season, LoL.

Even though Dominique was toward the end of his career, he still was one of the topscorers in the league and still on top of his game in many ways.
Atlanta was the top favorite to get out of the East before that trade took place.
Had they kept Domique, possibly the Hawks might of done just that.
Manning was a complete bust.

Dominique was still a top scorer even when he played for the Celtics.

I also think Dominique should be in the hall of fame and certainly should of been in the top 50 players of all time.
he sure made Jordan work harder than most of MJs opponants.
He was one of the best of all time at what he did.

Okay guys, you may carry on.