Watson ain't getting traded.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lovie doing his healing magic already.

Can we now STFU about giving up three first round picks for a player the Bears could have just literally drafted themselves???

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was my first thought about Lovie getting hired...this is the apology.

If it calmed him down and influenced even a little its a great hire that already paid for itself about 20..40...lets see 100x over based on the 1/2 billion player.

Rise

Liked Posts:
If Lovie Smith calms down Watson to the point he wants to stay I have to start to question his judgement.

Here is what I see. Watson has officially asked for a trade. The arrogant Texans are publicly saying they know he will be back before getting Watson to agree to it. It’s just more disrespect and the exact reason he wants out of there.

msadows

Liked Posts:
He isn't getting traded until he gets traded.

He's still on the roster, what are these guys supposed to say?

Watson is worthless to us now that he wants a trade. It's a firesale, everyone place your lowest bid!

/s

This is no different than the jets saying they might stay with darnold and not draft a QB. I doubt it.

Don't doubt that watson DOESN'T get traded, but the texans legit have very little leverage now if he wants to leave.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If Lovie Smith calms down Watson to the point he wants to stay I have to start to question his judgement.

Here is what I see. Watson has officially asked for a trade. The arrogant Texans are publicly saying they know he will be back before getting Watson to agree to it. It’s just more disrespect and the exact reason he wants out of there.

I mean, they are basically saying THEY have no desire to trade him. That has nothing to do with what watson wants.

Watson holds all the cards if he is willing to sit out the year and holdout. They will trade him 100% in that scenario.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think maybe the disrespect is in both directions. Watson is the employee, under contract, and is being paid a mint. This isn't the NBA where you pick the team.

Bears 36
Watson 7

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
He isn't getting traded until he gets traded.

He's still on the roster, what are these guys supposed to say?

"If he wants to go ...he can go"

"A qb that cant beat Mitch Trubisky cant request a damn thing "

"He had no problem cashing the new checks "

Liked Posts:
Why would Lovie getting hired change his mind lol? Not like Watson plays defense, or is it bc he’s black? Sounds like utter nonsense.

Anyway, the Texans have to say these things. Best case, they’re right and worst case at least it helps from a PR and bargaining perspective.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean, they are basically saying THEY have no desire to trade him. That has nothing to do with what watson wants.

Watson holds all the cards if he is willing to sit out the year and holdout. They will trade him 100% in that scenario.

That's not happening.