WCSF - 5/25 Game5: Wings (3) vs. (1) Blackhawks 8:00ET. NBCS

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, nice payback by Bickell on Kronwall. He looked in pain after that hit. Hope He sits the next one out.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The refs are still letting shit go. Shaw should have a penalty shot after he was tripped on that breakaway, or the Hawks should've had another PP opportunity.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another stellar performance by Crawford, too.

EspoForever

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Biscuitinthebasklik" data-cid="197376" data-time="1369543550">
<div>

Amazing what can happen when playing a simplified and fundamental game.   Too bad it took 3 losses in a row to realize that.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I still stand by my opinion that we played 3 and 4 well enough to win and got zero puck luck.</p>

</p>

Here's not not having any more of that bullshit...and here's to hoping those boys learned to NEVER donate a game the way they did in game 2.</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
Fuck you hawks, seriously fuck you. I had come to terms, I had accepted fate and then you win. You pricks.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="197369" data-time="1369539468">
<div>

Bickell was a machine tonight too. That hit on Kronwall was awesome.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

He left favoring his shoulder.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="197385" data-time="1369578909">
<div>

Fuck you hawks, seriously fuck you. I had come to terms, I had accepted fate and then you win. You pricks.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Both games I watched the Hawks won 4-1.  I missed the other 3 while in Vegas.</p>

</p>

Don't worry... I'll watch game 6 but I won't watch game 7.</p>

</p>

Wings in 7, lol.</p>

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsonov" data-cid="197387" data-time="1369579596">
<div>

Both games I watched the Hawks won 4-1.  I missed the other 3 while in Vegas.</p>

</p>

Don't worry... I'll watch game 6 but I won't watch game 7.</p>

</p>

Wings in 7, lol.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

No way if the Hawks take #6 do they lose at the UC in #7.</p>

</p>

We should make a side wager after Mondays game.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="197388" data-time="1369584424">
<div>

No way if the Hawks take #6 do they lose at the UC in #7.</p>

</p>

We should make a side wager after Mondays game.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Fuck that.  I would never bet against the Hawks.  I am just being an asshole.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mikita's Helmet" data-cid="197378" data-time="1369543761">
<div>

The refs are still letting shit go. Shaw should have a penalty shot after he was tripped on that breakaway, or the Hawks should've had another PP opportunity.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I thought so at first glance, but nobody touched Shaw. He dove after the shot to avoid contact with Howard. Smart move by Shaw.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="EspoForever" data-cid="197384" data-time="1369574988">
<div>

I still stand by my opinion that we played 3 and 4 well enough to win and got zero puck luck.</p>

</p>

Here's not not having any more of that bullshit...and here's to hoping those boys learned to NEVER donate a game the way they did in game 2.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

I agree that they played well enough to win games 3 and 4, it is just too bad they did not have the consolidation of simple play and tight passing in those games as they did last night.   If they did this series is over.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
puck luck? does that include scoring on the chances infront of you? i though accuracy and intelligent plays with the puck and away from the puck and scoring on pps were part of playing well. hawks did not play well enough in games 3 or 4 to win. thus why they did not. the two games won by the hawks they actually played smart and go figure scored on the pp. i believe in puck luck also but depending on it wont win games if the basics arent there.

t

anyways..wheres the game 6 thread? 24 hours away. its time.

R K

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Canadian Dreamalchuk" data-cid="197393" data-time="1369612779">
<div>

puck luck? does that include scoring on the chances infront of you? i though accuracy and intelligent plays with the puck and away from the puck and scoring on pps were part of playing well. hawks did not play well enough in games 3 or 4 to win. thus why they did not. the two games won by the hawks they actually played smart and go figure scored on the pp. i believe in puck luck also but depending on it wont win games if the basics arent there.

t

anyways..wheres the game 6 thread? 24 hours away. its time.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

</p>

No it includes 6 posts and a disallowed tying goal though.  I completely disagree on the playing well enough.  In both games 3-4.  Hawks played well enough in both to win, and didn't.</p>

Maiden

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="197401" data-time="1369624506">
<div>

No it includes 6 posts and a disallowed tying goal though.  I completely disagree on the playing well enough.  In both games 3-4.  Hawks played well enough in both to win, and didn't.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Completely agree with this guys assessment. Game 4 was a tale of inches. We hit 3 posts; they hit 1. Our 3 bounced out; there's in.</p>

The officiating in this series has left a lot to be desired. Just hope Brad (what day is it) Watson isn't there for game 6.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I don't see a game day thread soon, I'm gonna make one myself. That wouldn't be good and it would probably jinx the Hawks.</p>

</p>

Ashor should make one again.  He did last game's thread and they played well.</p>

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Well we agree to disagree then..I still don't think the Hawks played good enough playoff hockey to win games 3 and 4 and the scoreboard showed that at the end of the games. Im not much for letting goal posts determine if a team played well or not..thats just me. Datsyuk hit one in game 5 which could have changed the entire momentum of that game around had it gone in..so it works both ways. The disallowed goal in game 3 def was frustrating but had the Hawks scored on one of the PPs they had then that shit wouldn't have mattered. What happened to good teams overcoming bad officiating? Or does that theory only apply when fans want it too? Not going to get into anymore as games 1-5 are behind us. Game 6 is all that matters now. We will see if the Hawks play well enough to win tonight and if they get puck luck. Hopefully the same team in game 5 shows up if its the same team as in games 4 and 3 it will be a longer trip home than  normal from Detroit. While the Hawks in game 3 and 4 played "well"..the Hawks in game 5 and 1 played great. "Great" wins you playoff games.."Well" gets you in the loss columns. This is fucking playoff hockey...level has to go up.</p>

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No line ups? I never go on the O's.</p>

roshinaya

fnord
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why can't these old GDT get closed once a new one is posted. Make me a mod and shit would get sorted around here.</p>

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="roshinaya" data-cid="197504" data-time="1369711530">

Why can't these old GDT get closed once a new one is posted. Make me a mod and shit would get sorted around here.</p></blockquote>

We often discuss making you a mod, but have decided it would go to your head.

Besides, you're not North 'Merican.