flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
When DJ checked in Mooney checked out, he's been terrible and needs to be replaced. There are about 5 very good WRs in this draft so if we trade down from 1 for a haul we still need a DJ pairing or find a way to get MHJ

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
No idea what's up with Mooney, dude looks like a WR4 out there. Literally have gotten 0 outside of DJ at WR this year.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
MHJ looks like the clear best and really hope the Bears find a way to get him, but there are a ton of fantastic "consolation prize" wide receivers in this draft that will go in the middle of the first round that will likely also be incredible gets for their team.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
MHJ looks like the clear best and really hope the Bears find a way to get him, but there are a ton of fantastic "consolation prize" wide receivers in this draft that will go in the middle of the first round that will likely also be incredible gets for their team.
I was just thinking if we pass on MHJ who I love I also like M Nabers a lot as a consolation prize but Moon guy has to go, WR looked like a strength but is now a huge hole with only DJ, VJ, and Scott signed through next year, we need a number 2 and 3 WR to really get the offense rolling. The first pick would gain a haul if we go that way, a lot more than last year's first got us. I'd try to trade with the Giants for their young star edge rusher plus lots of picks. Another idea is to draft Bowers and one of the top WRs, or a wild thought of MHJ and Bowers which would be fun to watch. If Fields can't produce with that we would still have a bunch of draft capital to draft a QB next year that would have a pretty good offense around him. B Young is failing because he has no WR to throw to or offensive line to block for him, As for C Williams, how many of those first QBs taken win Superbowls? Not as many as you'd think! Maybe because teams drafting first stink with no talent around them??? Look no further than this past draft and it's been CJ Stoud not Young lighting it up granted the Texans have more talent and scouting IS nothing more than a a huge guessing game. Question, if we draft Caleb, who is he throwing to, DJ and Kmet are all we have

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Could you live with this? Traded down and completely revamped the receiver room and added Bowers. Grabbed a top center, edge, and hit safety hard…

1701269804927.png

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Could you live with this? Traded down and completely revamped the receiver room and added Bowers. Grabbed a top center, edge and hit safety hard…

View attachment 32619
How many trades did you make?

I fuck around with mocks, and it's so easy to be like, "Yeah, I'll trade back here..... and here and here and here" and suddenly I have 18 draft picks. :ROFLMAO: I normally try to limit myself to 1 early trade, and maybe a later trade. Otherwise I look at my total body of work and it just doesn't seem realistic. Not trying to nitpick, but that doesn't look realistic. Although, I'd kill for that draft. Even though Latu does scare me a bit due to him previously retiring because of that neck injury. But I would hope the Bears would have done their due diligence on that before drafting him in the 1st round.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There are more than 5 very good WRs in this draft. And 1 elite one who has been discussed a lot. I hope the Bears draft the elite one.
Part of the problem with that, is I think that MHJ is going top 3. There are rumors that the Cardinals are going to stick with Murray due to not being able to free themselves of his contract quite yet. And they really want Harrison. Rumors, but it could be true. 🤷‍♂️

If the Bears pick #1 and #5, do you take a WR with the #1 overall pick when there are QBs that could be taken with that pick? I'm not sure he'd still be there at #5.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
lol the Bears are not drafting a tight end.
Bowers is more than just a tight end, he does sweeps, blocks, has speed, and catches like a WR1 otherwise I'd agree with you, he's been called a generational talent same as MHJ. DJ, Bowers, and Kmet would give defenses nightmares

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
There are more than 5 very good WRs in this draft. And 1 elite one who has been discussed a lot. I hope the Bears draft the elite one.
I personally hope the Bears draft or pickup as an UDFA whichever WR ends up as a future Hall of Fame receiver for the Bears, no matter where and how he is gotten. The same goes for every other position on the team.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bowers is more than just a tight end, he does sweeps, blocks, has speed, and catches like a WR1 otherwise I'd agree with you, he's been called a generational talent same as MHJ. DJ, Bowers, and Kmet would give defenses nightmares
That term scares tf out of me. It is normally inaccurate. You can be a generational talent and have the work ethic of a lazy pos. That matters. Talent you can get by on in high school and college, not in the pros. They need edge / wr more so than a TE is what I mean.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No idea what's up with Mooney, dude looks like a WR4 out there. Literally have gotten 0 outside of DJ at WR this year.
Players need plays called for them to be able to produce. If you don't go to him, and when you do put the ball where he can catch it, then how's he supposed to produce? This is like when @remydat made a thread about Kmet not having any catches after a game that they didn't throw to him. SMDH

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Part of the problem with that, is I think that MHJ is going top 3. There are rumors that the Cardinals are going to stick with Murray due to not being able to free themselves of his contract quite yet. And they really want Harrison. Rumors, but it could be true. 🤷‍♂️

If the Bears pick #1 and #5, do you take a WR with the #1 overall pick when there are QBs that could be taken with that pick? I'm not sure he'd still be there at #5.
He won't be there at #5 for sure. I could see Arizona taking him if they keep Murray and they drafted their LT last year in Paris Johnson Jr. At least i think he's playing LT for them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Why does no one talk about WR Rome Odunze?
I love this kid and while i also love Nabers i do think Odunze is the better fit opposite DJ Moore because Nabers is basically the same size as Moore and Odunze is 6'3" and i'd rather have a WR with some size opposite Moore.

I'm legit excited for the combine to see this WR group test. I hope they all go out there and do it or at least most of the events.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Why does no one talk about WR Rome Odunze?
He's a consolation prize if we don't get MHJ if we can add a lot of draft capital and Rome

Cardinals might trade out of 2 so if we have the number 4 as our own pick maybe it's possible, things would have to fall perfect but maybe

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
He won't be there at #5 for sure. I could see Arizona taking him if they keep Murray and they drafted their LT last year in Paris Johnson Jr. At least i think he's playing LT for them.
Paris has played RT and looks bad so far

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Identify the problem? Is it Getsy or Fields or WR. Adding players to a flawed system is not going to change the system, like wise if the QB is the problem. Fix the problem then add the talent where you need it.