We need a receiver because

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I personally hope the Bears draft or pickup as an UDFA whichever WR ends up as a future Hall of Fame receiver for the Bears, no matter where and how he is gotten. The same goes for every other position on the team.
A very sound policy. MHJ has a better shot at being just that than any other.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
When DJ checked in Mooney checked out, he's been terrible and needs to be replaced. There are about 5 very good WRs in this draft so if we trade down from 1 for a haul we still need a DJ pairing or find a way to get MHJ
Remember before the season how the CCS dweebs were saying how good the wr corps was? Hahaha. Good times.

I think in the draft, if you have a shot at MHJ, you take it. Can't help but wonder how great he can be with an NFL level QB. Not just thinking WR2 with him but rather 1 of the elite WRs going forward.

If you can't get him, need not worry about pressing the wr issue in earlier rounds. Look at the '23 draft and no WRs have impressed more than 5th rounder Puka Nacua and 3rd rounder Dell.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Why does no one talk about WR Rome Odunze?
you mean the best WR in the draft? Im not sure, maybe because he plays on the west coast and all the midwest hillbillies be sleeping by the time hes playing on saturdays lol

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
there are a few WRs in the draft adonai mitchell, xavier legette, keon coleman as well as odunze and crew. Could add big value without the MHJ cost, though, be hard to pass on him

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I was just thinking if we pass on MHJ who I love I also like M Nabers a lot as a consolation prize but Moon guy has to go, WR looked like a strength but is now a huge hole with only DJ, VJ, and Scott signed through next year, we need a number 2 and 3 WR to really get the offense rolling. The first pick would gain a haul if we go that way, a lot more than last year's first got us. I'd try to trade with the Giants for their young star edge rusher plus lots of picks. Another idea is to draft Bowers and one of the top WRs, or a wild thought of MHJ and Bowers which would be fun to watch. If Fields can't produce with that we would still have a bunch of draft capital to draft a QB next year that would have a pretty good offense around him. B Young is failing because he has no WR to throw to or offensive line to block for him, As for C Williams, how many of those first QBs taken win Superbowls? Not as many as you'd think! Maybe because teams drafting first stink with no talent around them??? Look no further than this past draft and it's been CJ Stoud not Young lighting it up granted the Texans have more talent and scouting IS nothing more than a a huge guessing game. Question, if we draft Caleb, who is he throwing to, DJ and Kmet are all we have
Poles is screwed if he doesn't build around JF and load the roster, can get a QB next years if it doesn't play out. Correct answer for
all the reasons you listed.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
you mean the best WR in the draft? Im not sure, maybe because he plays on the west coast and all the midwest hillbillies be sleeping by the time hes playing on saturdays lol
I have been banging the drum for Odunze all year, the guy is a beast and will go in the 10-15.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
How many trades did you make?

I fuck around with mocks, and it's so easy to be like, "Yeah, I'll trade back here..... and here and here and here" and suddenly I have 18 draft picks. :ROFLMAO: I normally try to limit myself to 1 early trade, and maybe a later trade. Otherwise I look at my total body of work and it just doesn't seem realistic. Not trying to nitpick, but that doesn't look realistic. Although, I'd kill for that draft. Even though Latu does scare me a bit due to him previously retiring because of that neck injury. But I would hope the Bears would have done their due diligence on that before drafting him in the 1st round.
I traded back twice in the first. I believe I traded back again in the third. Yes, it would be an incredible haul.

Latu would need to need approved by the medical staff no doubt.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some is the routes run by the #2 vs #1 and Fields wariness of the middle. He's also not the guy getting the screens.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I was just thinking if we pass on MHJ who I love I also like M Nabers a lot as a consolation prize but Moon guy has to go, WR looked like a strength but is now a huge hole with only DJ, VJ, and Scott signed through next year, we need a number 2 and 3 WR to really get the offense rolling. The first pick would gain a haul if we go that way, a lot more than last year's first got us. I'd try to trade with the Giants for their young star edge rusher plus lots of picks. Another idea is to draft Bowers and one of the top WRs, or a wild thought of MHJ and Bowers which would be fun to watch. If Fields can't produce with that we would still have a bunch of draft capital to draft a QB next year that would have a pretty good offense around him. B Young is failing because he has no WR to throw to or offensive line to block for him, As for C Williams, how many of those first QBs taken win Superbowls? Not as many as you'd think! Maybe because teams drafting first stink with no talent around them??? Look no further than this past draft and it's been CJ Stoud not Young lighting it up granted the Texans have more talent and scouting IS nothing more than a a huge guessing game. Question, if we draft Caleb, who is he throwing to, DJ and Kmet are all we have
There is a lot of WR talent in this draft class. Unfortunately that idiot Poles traded our 2nd round pick which wouldve been a good spot to pick up a WR if we miss out on MHjr which im becoming more and more convinced will be a Bear. Leggette out of South Carolina is also a stud WR. Hes big and actually faster than MHjr and Nabers.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mooney has looked like shit for a while

I don't know what his problem is but he seems to half ass routes a lot. see him outta position when the ball comes in cause he slowed down or took a weird ass angle

maybe concentration problem cause how little he gets targeted? Frustration maybe?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bowers is more than just a tight end, he does sweeps, blocks, has speed, and catches like a WR1 otherwise I'd agree with you, he's been called a generational talent same as MHJ. DJ, Bowers, and Kmet would give defenses nightmares
So we could take MHJ - generational talent HOF WR and Bowers - generational talent HOF TE with our first 2 picks? Sound like a no-brainer.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Remember before the season how the CCS dweebs were saying how good the wr corps was? Hahaha. Good times.

I think in the draft, if you have a shot at MHJ, you take it. Can't help but wonder how great he can be with an NFL level QB. Not just thinking WR2 with him but rather 1 of the elite WRs going forward.

If you can't get him, need not worry about pressing the wr issue in earlier rounds. Look at the '23 draft and no WRs have impressed more than 5th rounder Puka Nacua and 3rd rounder Dell.
I not only remember but was one of those who thought DJ, Mooney, and Kmet would be great except Mooney lost his will to ball out. MHJ is the closest to a sure thing in a draft full of guesses, a true number 1 and elite, DJ and MHJ would be one of the best WR tandems the Bears have ever had

The Galloping Ghost

Liked Posts:
Obviously the Bears have to upgrade the receiver position. That doesn't mean they have to take MHJ though.

Free agency class will obviously thin down but Higgins Ridley, or Pittman would be great additions. And the draft class is pretty stacked. If they end up to with MHJ that's cool but there are other options.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
Obviously the Bears have to upgrade the receiver position. That doesn't mean they have to take MHJ though.

Free agency class will obviously thin down but Higgins Ridley, or Pittman would be great additions. And the draft class is pretty stacked. If they end up to with MHJ that's cool but there are other options.
Rome, or Nabers would be sweet if we trade from first pick. In free agency you're going to pay a premium price so I don't like that idea, i'd rather draft a rookie on a friendly contract in a loaded WR class

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Rome, or Nabers would be sweet if we trade from first pick. In free agency you're going to pay a premium price so I don't like that idea, i'd rather draft a rookie on a friendly contract in a loaded WR class
Plus, assuming Poles is going to hit the center spot hard, I'd prefer he grab a vet. You'll have 3rd year Jones, 4th year Jenkins and 2nd year Wright. Would you hurt to have a guy who's been around the block and you know can play. Hit the weaponry in the draft with some big time play makers. Harrison Jr. and Bowers would be the dream but even Bowers and one of the other receivers would be great.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Mooney has looked like shit for a while

I don't know what his problem is but he seems to half ass routes a lot. see him outta position when the ball comes in cause he slowed down or took a weird ass angle

maybe concentration problem cause how little he gets targeted? Frustration maybe?

Funny, Biggs was on the radio saying Mooney is open…. Fields just isn’t getting him the ball.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I kinda think he’s more what Poles wants. Since Claypool was that bigger receiver figuring Poles wants another big dude.