CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think a new tech forum would be great for those that like to condescend to people.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Real tech people don't use IE.

Only businesses that locked themselves into some MS Office everything systems even bother paying for the webapp trash Microsoft sells. Outlook hasn't been particularly good for a decade now, but if you don't veer out of the bubble, how would anyone know? I'm aware that sounds like a dick answer, and regardless how you feel about me (and being blunt about it), it is every bit truth. Use a real browser, use a user agent switcher to spoof whatever IE browser, try it. I have yet to have issues getting sites that require IE to run on another browser with very little effort.

Real tech people just download iTunes to their leased Audi and sit on an umbrella shaft.

I understand regular users are stuck with all kinds of solutions that make nerds cringe. And being someone that uses a lot of edge case solutions for myself, I do understand the need. On the other hand, when it comes to developing for heavily flawed platforms, that's like saying: you personally like adult companionship, but still need to recruit alter boys for the Catholic church due to a small demand.
People will scrutinize your objective in a thread that starts off saying we need a tech area. Thus why tech people are like... do not want a tech section if the purpose was to discuss Internet Explorer. Like saying we should build a swimming pool, but stock it with eels for the small group of people who eat eels.

Time is valuable, I would rather spend time developing long term solutions, not shrink the room by adding a new coat of paint to the walls every week to cover up all the lead and asbestos. No analogy hat trick necessary.

All that being said... How would you get around this? You need to use the IE equivalent for each function or create a compatibility set to pull from that uses the script as is, but you are now defining what it means exactly. Something like the object, name, if IE string, then var set, then what you want it to do.

And yes, you do that for each error, add it to whatever file you are pulling from or keep it dynamic in each page. I think it's easier to just keep it all together so you can pull from it as you please. Also, if you want to cheat, there has to be a resource where someone has already done the conversions for each undefined function.

lol

this is the most crys shit ever

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I need someone with ten years of programming experience in Swift must have ten years.

You know where those job reqs come from?

A guy who did one specific job for 6-8 years leaves that job.

Idiot hiring manager dictates a req over the phone to a recruiter for a role to "backfill" a guy the manager barely knew and just ballparks it "Yeah 10 years.... Joe's been around for like a decade, the candidates MUST HAVE 10 years of whatever skills Joe had"

Same managers will bring in someone to that role and try to just throw that someone every task Joe used to do, as if all Joe knew was a programming language and none of his experience with the business/systems was relevant to doing that job.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
You know where those job reqs come from?

A guy who did one specific job for 6-8 years leaves that job.

Idiot hiring manager dictates a req over the phone to a recruiter for a role to "backfill" a guy the manager barely knew and just ballparks it "Yeah 10 years.... Joe's been around for like a decade, the candidates MUST HAVE 10 years of whatever skills Joe had"

Same managers will bring in someone to that role and try to just throw that someone every task Joe used to do, as if all Joe knew was a programming language and none of his experience with the business/systems was relevant to doing that job.

All the competent HR people quit and start their own business, which is why they don't exist in actual HR positions.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Face it, programmers are just interchangeable, faceless pawns on the IT chessboard.

Not much of a loss when they are taken off the board

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Will every thread in this proposed tech forum be like this one?

If so, you got my vote. I did not learn a thing and it seemingly helped the OP very little, but I already have this thread as the best of 2020 thus far.

Kudos, you ****ing nerds.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Will every thread in this proposed tech forum be like this one?

If so, you got my vote. I did not learn a thing and it seemingly helped the OP very little, but I already have this thread as the best of 2020 thus far.

Kudos, you ****ing nerds.
it actually did help me a little

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s just odd that so many so answers call for readasarraybuffer but then ie 11 be like
nope
I normally just CTRL + ALT + DEL and close out of the browser and then open it back up if it isn't working correctly. Have you tried that?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I normally just CTRL + ALT + DEL and close out of the browser and then open it back up if it isn't working correctly. Have you tried that?
reported

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I found it condescending tbh but I piss all over my keyboard every morning without issues, so trying other...solutions

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I found it condescending tbh but I piss all over my keyboard every morning without issues, so trying other...solutions

Allow me to give you my dissertation on waterproof keyboards