We need to clear some things up on here

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I was bored so I calculated the Rate+ of every Bears quarterback to start at least 15 games over the past 30 years, only counting their stats with the Bears. It comes out like this:

1. 107 Jim McMahon
2. 104 Erik Kramer
3. 99 Jay Cutler
4. 98 Jim Harbaugh
5. 97 Jim Miller
6. 96 Steve Fuller
7. 93 Shane Matthews
8. 87 Cade McNown
9. 86 Kyle Orton
10. 86 Bob Avellini
11. 86 Rex Grossman
12. 79 Mike Tomczak

4 comments:

1. Our QB play has really, really sucked, and the statistics reflect that (remember, for Rate+, by definition, 100 is average, >110 is great, and <90 is garbage).

2. The stats back up my assertion that McMahon and Kramer were the two best Bear QBs in my lifetime.

3. See, Jim Miller wasn't that bad.

4. Orton's stats are skewed by the fact that he was forced to start 15 games as an unprepared rookie. His 2008 season (the season before we traded him away), he had a Rate+ of 96, which is below average, but not terrible.

Man, that is one fucking horrible list. Shane Matthews was a fucking beast, though. Shame he could never put it all together.

When Kramer's your best QB of the last 25 years, that's a problem. Oy

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
you haters have yer fun now but when cutler has a good season this year you wont be welcome back on the cutler bandwagon

and yes jay cutler is the best qb we have ever had stats don't lie so you can all eat a bigt shitburger and wash that shit down with yer hateraid

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
you haters have yer fun now but when cutler has a good season this year you wont be welcome back on the cutler bandwagon

tumblr_inline_ndyuuqSs0A1t2fl6h.gif

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

and yes jay cutler is the best qb we have ever had stats don't lie so you can all eat a bigt shitburger and wash that shit down with yer hateraid

If that happens I'll start the "trade Cutler cause he might have upped his trade value" bandwagon

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Hahahahaha, holy shit! Thanks for that! I needed that