We need to move on from mitch

BDCB

:•)
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Celebrating when you're getting your ass kicked and under four minutes left in the game is real rich!

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If we just had a different QB, Nagy could be the genius that we all know he is.

LOLOLOLOL. Can't wait to replace Trubisky and watch the shitshow continue. Trubisky isn't good. Nagy is the problem.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
It can't hurt to go to Bray at this point. How much worse can he be? Bears might get lucky and Bray plays average.

Trubisky simply can't make NFL quality throws. Even when he gets time to throw, he is way off target. You get so many plays per game for those big strikes and he misses all of them.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
I'd actually prefer to not have the garbage time stats here for Mitch backers

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
......Remember when Nagy was hired....and everyone here was excited because Nagy was telling everyone KC would have preferred Trubs over Mahomes? That He (Nagy) liked him better than Mahomes? .....Can you now see that was BS to get a HC job by telling Pace what he wanted to hear about the POS he drafted?

Think about this real hard. AFTER Trubs was OFF THE BOARD, KC still traded all the way up from 27 to 10, for a guy they didn't like......LOL LOL LOL.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I cant even believe how bad trubs is playing

like so bad, you have to start thinking about sitting him. he has sucked all the energy out this team

I think I have to go back to pre-grossman era since we have seen QB play this bad

The guy is playing with a dislocated shoulder in his first game back in 3 weeks behind a line that was unable to provide him adequate protection all game until about 4 minutes left.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Trubisky had plenty of time to throw in the first half. Second half has been bad.

No he didn't.

The line gave him barely any time to throw in the first half, and even less in the 2nd until about 4 minutes left.

It was an embarrassing performance by Hiestand's guys.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
He can't hit an out route to save his life. He can't hit a wide open guy in stride down the field either. He's so bad, I'm usually giving him the benefit and trying to remain positive, but Mitch Trubisky is trash truck juice.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
He had a decent sophomore season but he's regressed so badly, he's not even picking up 3rd downs on scrambles anymore.

So not only can he not hit the broad side of a barn, but his best asset (his legs) aren't even making plays anymore.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think he was this bad his rookie year. He looks much worse than he has ever looked. Run game can't happen when the defense doesn't fear your qb. They need to replace Mitch. Maybe Bray will be serviceable enough to make the playoffs or at least good enough to give the defense more than 2 min breaks.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No he didn't.

The line gave him barely any time to throw in the first half, and even less in the 2nd until about 4 minutes left.

I don't give a shit. You think Mitch is the only QB in the league that has had to deal with offensive lines not giving him time to throw the play that was called? If this was just one game I would be willing to cut him some slack but he is averaging 207 yards per game in the four games that he has played from beginning to end. If this was Jay Cutler putting up these anemic numbers we would be burning him in effigy.

Mitch is in his third year. This is the make or break year. He averaged less than five yards per attempt today and has been an anemic 5.5 yards per attempt over the entire season so far (probably less after todays numbers get factored in). His rating is barely above his first year and he isn't rushing the ball like he did then.

I agree the offensive line play isn't good at all but he should be mature enough at this time to see what is going on at the line of scrimmage and should be able to audible out of what is there. Either he can't do it or Nagy doesn't trust him to do it. Either way, a franchise QB should be able to do this by the time he hits his third year.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Foles is the answer this season.

You trade for him now because this is a playoff team and then make a big move in the draft

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chad Kelly? I remember he did decently in preseason against the Bears. He would be cheap. He can' t possibly be worse than this shitshow

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Is Foles even healthy?
He's on IR designated to return. With Minshew mania going on in Jacksonville he may be available

He would definitely be ready by the playoffs and already knows Nagy's offense

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No he didn't.

Yeah I agree with you that the OL isn't the best, but that doesn't make Mitch a good QB. He's still bad. When he does have time to throw he locks onto one guy, doesn't go through his reads, overthrows open guys, etc. It's bad and has nothing to do with the line. He missed routine NFL throws that every other starter in the league can make.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foles is the answer this season.

You trade for him now because this is a playoff team and then make a big move in the draft

You have to have something to trade. And Foles would get creamed with this offensive line.

You stick with Trubisky for now. If you want to bring in a QB then do it in the offseason and use the two 2nd round picks to fix this offensive line. As bad as Trubisky was today the O-line is even worse. You aren't going to fix this without fixing the line in front of whoever comes into the game in 2020.