We need to move on from mitch

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Yeah I agree with you that the OL isn't the best, but that doesn't make Mitch a good QB. He's still bad. When he does have time to throw he locks onto one guy, doesn't go through his reads, overthrows open guys, etc. It's bad and has nothing to do with the line. He missed routine NFL throws that every other starter in the league can make.

I never said Mitch is a good QB. I think he had a bad game today.

But to say the OL isn't the best. You are being extremely generous with your discription. They are easily one of the worst OL's in the league right now.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I never said Mitch is a good QB. I think he had a bad game today.

But to say the OL isn't the best. You are being extremely generous with your discription. They are easily one of the worst OL's in the league right now.
And Mitch is easily one of, if not the absolute worst starting QB. Try and name 5 QBs that are worse than Mitch has been this season.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I don't give a shit. You think Mitch is the only QB in the league that has had to deal with offensive lines not giving him time to throw the play that was called? If this was just one game I would be willing to cut him some slack but he is averaging 207 yards per game in the four games that he has played from beginning to end. If this was Jay Cutler putting up these anemic numbers we would be burning him in effigy.

Mitch is in his third year. This is the make or break year. He averaged less than five yards per attempt today and has been an anemic 5.5 yards per attempt over the entire season so far (probably less after todays numbers get factored in). His rating is barely above his first year and he isn't rushing the ball like he did then.

I agree the offensive line play isn't good at all but he should be mature enough at this time to see what is going on at the line of scrimmage and should be able to audible out of what is there. Either he can't do it or Nagy doesn't trust him to do it. Either way, a franchise QB should be able to do this by the time he hits his third year.

L. O. L

He should be mature enough to see what is going on at the line of scrimmage? What the fuck are you talking about?

Yeah, Mitch should be mature enough to get the ball out accurately with 2-3 defenders in his face within 2 seconds.

It's astonishing really. People bash others for the Mitch apologist logic twisting, but others are so drunk on the Mitch hate that they are willing to twist the truth around to fit their narrative.

You say the offensive line play isn't good. Again, that is being incredibly generous. They were beyond horrendous and have been for pretty much the entire season.

Not to mention, we ran the ball what? 7 times today? 7...SEVEN.

The playcalling is so insanely unbalanced, it's not even funny. Nagy put the game entirely on Trubisky who's coming off a shoulder injury, that he is without question still hobbled by. Didn't even attempt to establish the run....again.

Mitch had a bad game for sure, but it should've been obvious to Nagy that the offense wasn't going to win the game on Trubisky's arm, especially with his injury. Yet, they continue to pound that square peg into the round hole.

If there were a legitimate option that would make the Bears offense better moving forward at QB, I'd be all for it. But, this offense has much bigger problems than Mitch. You get Cam Newton and it's the same problem. Not running the ball, over-reliance on the lateral passing, beyond horrific offensive line play, a ridiculous amount of mental gaffs from the receivers and backs.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It doesn't matter. Mitch is a third year player. He still doesn't seem to read plays at the line well and I haven't seen him correctly audible to to a workable play yet. Teams have figured out how to play the Bears and if Mitch is going to be a leader then he has to read the defense and adjust the play.

He doesn't. He simply doesn't. I gave him a pass in the first couple of years but he is supposed to lead this team. I'm not going to do the Watson or Mahommes comparison but if you look at any competent QB that has gone on to play well in this league they are able to read defenses and call appropriate plays. He plays more scared than anything these days. Even on plays where he had time he was looking for the dump off or the short gain.

Sorry but I'm done with him. I defended him until this year but he isn't showing me ANYTHING that warrented not only a second overall pick but a trade up to get that pick.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Flacco, Keenum, Mariota, Mayfield, Goff.
I'd give you Keenum, Mariota and Mayfield even tho those are all very debatable. Goff and Flacco are light years better and it's not close.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter. Mitch is a third year player. He still doesn't seem to read plays at the line well and I haven't seen him correctly audible to to a workable play yet. Teams have figured out how to play the Bears and if Mitch is going to be a leader then he has to read the defense and adjust the play.

He doesn't. He simply doesn't. I gave him a pass in the first couple of years but he is supposed to lead this team. I'm not going to do the Watson or Mahommes comparison but if you look at any competent QB that has gone on to play well in this league they are able to read defenses and call appropriate plays. He plays more scared than anything these days. Even on plays where he had time he was looking for the dump off or the short gain.

Sorry but I'm done with him. I defended him until this year but he isn't showing me ANYTHING that warrented not only a second overall pick but a trade up to get that pick.

Smdh. Yes it does matter. You can keep saying it doesn't matter all you want. It does. Period. Point blank.

He can read a play or audible, it doesn't matter if his line isn't executing and giving him protection. It doesn't matter if his receivers drop the ball. It doesn't matter if his backs run out of a positive play. It doesn't matter if he misses his guy.

It's a team effort. To say what the other players do doesn't matter is just flat out wrong.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I'd give you Keenum, Mariota and Mayfield even tho those are all very debatable. Goff and Flacco are light years better and it's not close.

Goff has been awful this year with infinitely better offensive players around him.

Flacco is a stone statue and behind one of very few offenses that is worse than the Bears.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
worse offense since fucking 1975 even before my old ass was born and you’re yapping about other teams qbs. Want me to buy you a lovable losers T-shirt?
It's pathetic lol.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
worse offense since fucking 1975 even before my old ass was born and you’re yapping about other teams qbs. Want me to buy you a lovable losers T-shirt?
It reminds me of this..

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chase Daniel sucks, but maybe if he was the starter Nagy could spend less of his time coddling the QB and more on attempting to fix the other problems on the offense.

Just a thought. :whistle:

Southside

Liked Posts:
Flacco, Keenum, Mariota, Mayfield, Goff.

Jared Goff has passed for 300+ passing yard in a single game 15 times which is almost equivalent to a full season, Mitch has only eclipsed 300 yards 5 times in 31 games. I cant think of a single measurement where Mitch is better than Goff. Goff is regressing this year and is STILL better than Mitch.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Any good QBs going to be available in the 2nd round?

Monster

Liked Posts:
May need to consider a Mack trade by the 29th... at least shop and see about two 1sts...
I hate to say it but who else can garner the picks needed for April?

Mitch is just bad... TE is bad... Oline needs addressed. The D may fall off a touch but will still be top 10 if they don’t have to play 45 minutes a damn game!

Oh... and don’t let Pace pick the QB!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Any good QBs going to be available in the 2nd round?
Tough to say. There are about 5-6 QBs right now that look draftable. IDK if they all have first round grades or not, but there is always 4-5 teams looking for a QB in the draft so not looking good for the Bears tbh.