Donator
Liked Posts:
Another weekend of storms. This sucks.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
85-90* and sunny for the last 3 days, and for the next 4...maybe you should all just move to Ky. :shifty:

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone know if a wind farm has ever been hit by a tornado? There's one about 10 miles away from my house. Giant props at that speed can't be good.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Does anyone know if a wind farm has ever been hit by a tornado? There's one about 10 miles away from my house. Giant props at that speed can't be good.

or....it could give lead to virtually free energy bills. :D

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
85-90* and sunny for the last 3 days, and for the next 4...maybe you should all just move to Ky. :shifty:

I can't... I still have all my teeth and I don't want to be a show off. :rimshot:

JiminyChristmas

Liked Posts:
Unless you're a farmer/gardener, this on and off rain is a God send after last Summer's drought.

I prefer droughts. No getting wet on my walk to work in the morning. I don't have to cut the grass as often. Cookouts don't get postponed.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I prefer droughts. No getting wet on my walk to work in the morning. I don't have to cut the grass as often. Cookouts don't get postponed.

You might want to consider moving to a desert you selfish, ignorant nitwit. Its not like we live in seattle or london. I prefer fertile soil to your commuting comfort.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After the drought we had last summer, i'm glad it's raining more this year.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Rammed earth huh? This is the first I have heard of that method. I just goggled it and watched a video on YouTube about it. If you are willing to share I would be interested in your experience with the building process and any drawbacks to the rammed earth method. That warrants its own thread!

Every area has earth that is best suited for itself. So you combine that with other structural materials, and have an adobe-like house. Except, it can look like whatever you want. Nobody notices it, and I wish they could, but local laws are stupid and I have to hide the natural beauty because it would look out of place. I have some kind of ledgestone veneer around the front of my house with siding. Also, when I have company, the earth does a better job of dissipating that stuffy feeling, it's really noticeable(especially in very hot or very cold months.)

Because it's really just a method of building the wall, there isn't a whole lot to say about it, other than if you're building a house of your own, look into the advantages of it over a standard insulated wood or steel frame.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today it's so fucking bad that you don't want to stand near a window. Lightning everywhere.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like rain the rest of the week.

But, nice mid 70 degree temps on the weekend. :buttrock:

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck it's the same as yesterday. Wife was sitting in the hallway because the lightning was so bad. Looks like the average of an inch of rain every damn day.

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Fuck it's the same as yesterday. Wife was sitting in the hallway because the lightning was so bad. Looks like the average of an inch of rain every damn day.

I think we got 4.5" yesterday.

...Tapatalking

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Friday and a storm. Fun summer. Bloomington Gold Corvette show is in town. Many people pissed tonight.