Week 17 IGT: Chicago Bears (6-9) vs Detroit Lions (6-9)

Who wins?

• Total voters

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Yeah, he is just a troll.

Honestly, Leno needed help. Ansah was too quick off of the ball for Leno. I thought Gase, Jay, and the receivers had a good thing going. Just bad luck really. Ansah singlehandedly caused two of those picks simply by hitting Jay just as he was about to release the ball. Both times the receivers Cutty was throwing to were wide-open. Ansah just had a hell of a game. That first pick looked like there may have been def PI, but I would have to see it again, I know it was a jump ball situation.

What I am getting to is the errant throws by Cutler has greatly diminished this year. The guy was the only thing keeping us from being 1-15 or 2-14 this year. He at least made the games competitive, a majority of them were down to the last few minutes. 11 games finished this year by 6 points or less. Fucking 11. It was a hell of a rollercoaster season and I hope he is back next year. He did nothing to lose his job. Toughest SOB in football as far as I have seen. I've never seen a guy come back so quickly from a hamstring tear.

Side note: I noticed the past few seasons after the last game of the year Jay is always in Vandy stuff.

Dude bawls out and team loves him; Cutlers our guy. It's a joy watching him play. Reminds me so much of Favre.

I was just down in Nashville and hangout at the Vandy area, they love him there; not too surprised he's rocking the Vandy gear considering everyone in Chicago hates him practically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hahaha.

He's also gonna say a head coach in the NFL is wrong assessing it had to do with the other players more than jay.

Lol.

John Fox on Cutler’s 3 INTs: “I think when we look at the tape, you’ll see maybe there were other individuals that had to do with that.”

Sounds like fox needs to know we in Chicago believe it's always Jays fault!

#fanboy

Dude bawls out and team loves him; Cutlers our guy. It's a joy watching him play. Reminds me so much of Favre.

I was just down in Nashville and hangout at the Vandy area, they love him there; not too surprised he's rocking the Vandy gear considering everyone in Chicago hates him practically.

Do us all a favor.

Change your screen name to "Cutler's Mother".

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Or Gase limited the offense as a whole due to a makeshift Oline and relievers that are hobbled all over the place, with Jay playing with a guy from Illinois State who was a qb in college, as the #2 wr.

Oh well. Jays back next year.
Deal with it

The OL is always makeshift, it's the NFL. And if we're gonna start using receivers as an Cutler excuse again then maybe he should have done a better job in helping to keep the best one he ever had around. He had great receivers, and did nothing, he had bad receivers and did nothing. The only constant is that he does nothing. He's Jeff George with a better agent.

Monster

Liked Posts:

What part of Farve does he remind you of?
The 13 playoff wins, the 24 playoff appearances, 3 MVPs or the HOF career?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
First pick was a poor throw. Has to be higher so the WR can high point the ball or it's out of bounds, not so that a blind defender can have it bounce off his elbow.

Second INT was a protection breakdown but FWIW when people bitch about Cutler's horrendous mechanics and his arm slot/motion this is why. If his release is quicker that 2nd pick doesn't occur.

The last INT was just really poor. It's 1st and 10 and you're down 4 in plus territory with 2 minutes to go. No reason at all to put that ball up. WR was bracketed anyways.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
First pick was a poor throw. Has to be higher so the WR can high point the ball or it's out of bounds, not so that a blind defender can have it bounce off his elbow.

Second INT was a protection breakdown but FWIW when people bitch about Cutler's horrendous mechanics and his arm slot/motion this is why. If his release is quicker that 2nd pick doesn't occur.

The last INT was just really poor. It's 1st and 10 and you're down 4 in plus territory with 2 minutes to go. No reason at all to put that ball up. WR was bracketed anyways.
Honestly this game played by Cutler was everything we've seen in the past from him. The horrible mechanics came out and hence we saw his highest INT total of the season in this game.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Honestly this game played by Cutler was everything we've seen in the past from him. The horrible mechanics came out and hence we saw his highest INT total of the season in this game.

The last int was him being pressured from the snap and getting hit. The WR also had a step on his man

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The last int was him being pressured from the snap and getting hit. The WR also had a step on his man

There was safety help over the top. Cutler was throwing that ball into double coverage.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At least Cutler did us a solid and blew this game for us so we still have a prayer (albeit small) to draft a QB in the first round

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
At least Cutler did us a solid and blew this game for us so we still have a prayer (albeit small) to draft a QB in the first round

That would be a small prayer even if we had the #1 pick. Haven't you been paying attention?
For whatever reason college QB's are no longer suited for NFL play. About the best you should hope for is a QB that's trainable. Bad thing is NFL #1 pick QB pay doesn't reflect that so the NFL is still trying to pick and play and they end up ruining more star QB's than they create.

Bad thing for us is one way or another Cutler's time with the Bears is short and we have no real way of getting better at the position.

I don't know about our 1st pick but if another projected high QB falls again I sure hope we take the risk on a project. I hope we don't waste more picks on garbage QB's that aren't even qualified to be backups. We can get those as UDFAs.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw the same thing you did. Thompson has open.

Receivers will come open when you have 5 seconds, pocket awareness should also tell you that the pressure is closing in. Throw it away and live to fight another down.