Welp, that was terrible. My quick takes...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’m not defending the OL. They’re bad. He was worse.

Yes, he had time on some of those sacks and should have gotten rid of the ball. He also could have recognized they were blitzing every play late and gotten rid of the ball. Instead he just stood there like a deer in headlights.

Guess what, there are a lot of teams with terrible offensive lines. The bears aren’t first team in the history of the nfl to have a bad offensive line. Good quarterbacks can even sometimes overcome it. They have an internal clock and they get rid of the ball. Andy Dalton did it two weeks ago. You don’t just stand there or start running around like a chicken with you head cut off. His footwork was horrible and his presence within the pocket was too. that has nothing to do with the competency of the offensive line. There were probably 3-5 of those sacks a competent qb would have avoided.
I missed all those open receivers he should have been hitting. If you think you can actually evaluate anything he did today other than staying alive, you’re kidding yourself.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Bears don't just lose games; that's forgivable. But when you lose, and you're boring, and you're hopeless...

it's clearly not a matter of learning the playbook or making a few adjustments or cleaning up a few things in the film room. Ownership needs to pull the band aid off the Nagy era quickly.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He sounds like me trying ta defend trubs in this amazeballs system for years
You keep my name out of your whore West Virginia mouth

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Let's pretend that half of those were avoidable. 4-5 is still a lot.

Second, let's not confuse competency with experience. Those 2 are very different things.

Lastly, despite the shit ton of pressure not one turnover was committed either through int or fumble. This game sucked no doubt, but I see that as a positive indicator moving forward.

I agree with that. As ugly as 9 sacks was, there was no strip sack(like last week) or picks or god forbid pick 6( like last week)
Fields will get better and that's promising.
Nagy? He ain't getting better.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I missed all those open receivers he should have been hitting. If you think you can actually evaluate anything he did today other than staying alive, you’re kidding yourself.

as if you even know if guys were open or not.

I like how you guys keep running with that. What special VIP channel were you watching where you could see all this? Do I need a subscription?

I just know even terrible teams are capable of beating a blitz. Even terrible teams have guys who can get open quick when the other team is blitzing. I’ve been watching it happen my whole life. But somehow the Chicago bears on september 26th, 2021 were the first team in the history of the league who wasn’t capable of beating a blitz with a hot route or whatever.

its just like the Buffalo play in preseason. If it wasn’t for competent football people pointing out that was on Fields you guys would still be blaming the offensive line, you don’t even know what you’re watching. You just know Justin Fields is your savior and Matt Nagy and the line are an easy scapegoat and in your mind that absolves Fields. And because you’re so emotionally attached to the success of Fields you’re in denial about his play. Looking to cast blame on anybody you can around him. I’ve never seen a stat line from a QB that bad. But you just keep telling yourself its not on him. See how far that gets you.

Last edited:

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
I honestly feel like it’s impossible to evaluate Fields while he’s getting plays from a chimpanzee. If there is a God, please make it so Maggie’s keycard doesn’t work tomorrow.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The current one maybe
How are ya at motivational speeches and selling real estate?
I know when to let my OC call the plays, that alone makes me miles smarter than your HC.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watching this Rams/Bucs game is like a palette cleanser. McVeigh is everything Nagy isn’t.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's concede Nagy and the OL need to go. The fundamental question right now is what is best for Fields. To develop bad habits playing behind a shit OL for a shitty playcaller. Or to sit and continue to work on his game until such time that the pieces are there to allow him to develop normally.

I was fine with the idea of letting him play thru the shitshow when he was a guy that could rise above it and still show flashes of brilliance but if you are now telling me Fields can't rise above it then continuing to play thru it will just stunt his growth IMO.

So there are only 2 paths here. Either he shows he can elevate himself and the team or he needs to sit until the team is at a level that allows him to develop.
But if the play calling is shit, he's not going to develop. 3rd and 20 they hand off to Monty? WTF? No roll outs, or RPO, or screens, or quick slants to help him? Terrible coaching.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
as if you even know if guys were open or not.

I like how you guys keep running with that. What special VIP channel were you watching where you could see all this? Do I need a subscription?

Olsen mentioned today with the pressure and lack of open options, he felt it was impossible to evaluate Fields’ play. Typically if a QB is missing open reads, the broadcast crew is quick to illustrate the point and back it up with video.

They did show that he missed Mooney streaking down the middle on the PI.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Olsen mentioned today with the pressure and lack of open options, he felt it was impossible to evaluate Fields’ play. Typically if a QB is missing open reads, the broadcast crew is quick to illustrate the point and back it up with video.

They did show that he missed Mooney streaking down the middle on the PI.
Olsen did say at one point, that no one was getting open.

Someone else on the post show said hes being asked to throw into impossible windows.

I think he sees what we see. that his guys are all covered. He doesn't want to throw the ball into danger.

Kind of like we've seen this movie before with Nagy run teams. Weird.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
But if the play calling is shit, he's not going to develop. 3rd and 20 they hand off to Monty? WTF? No roll outs, or RPO, or screens, or quick slants to help him? Terrible coaching.

it’s third and 20. You’ve already lost the possession. Teams aren’t looking to convert 3rd and 20’s. That’s how you throw interceptions. you run something like a draw or a screen and pray somethijg crazy happens.

this is what I mean. Bunch of fans who have no clue what they're talking about. Go watch any team run a 3rd and 20. They’re just going to hand it off or do a screen or something and punt the ball. This guys upset Nagy didn’t have something dialed up for 3rd and 20 though. Lol, okay.