Welp, that was terrible. My quick takes...

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Sure. But he was by far and away the main reason and you’re desperately trying to deflect from that reality.

does he also not know how to audible? They were blitzing every play late and he didn’t adjust at all. If you know they’re blitzing every play maybe try throwing the ball quickly. I get it. You’re going to pretend you know nobody was open and he had to hold the ball or whatever. And that will be your built in excuse. But the reality outside of your fantasy world is that guys find receivers all the time when teams blitz. It’s not terribly difficult. Competent teams actually destroy it and scare defenses from doing it. Fields looked like a deer in headlights and was jumping around scared looking like he had no clue what to do. Even when there wasn’t much pressure he was so jumpy he was still missing guys horribly.

Instead of asking does he know how to audible maybe you should be asking are those options even available to him because as some discussed earlier in the week Dalton didn't audible at all either he simply called whatever was on that damn call sheet . Thats one of the the main reasons why Foles was not even considered for this season because hed call whatever play he felt he could attack the defense with instead of the play Nagy simply wanted ran from his sheet.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Are you going to throw the whole franchise under the bus in order to deflect from how bad Fields was?

lol at the nonstop deflections. It’s hard to look good when the most important position on the field has a kid out there who clearly isn’t ready.

the browns took advantage of a team who had a kid in over his head at QB.
That’s pretty ridiculous. They were free running at him all day. It looked like a damn broke. This was Cutler against the Giants bad.

I didn’t matter who lined up back there today because they were going to get a beating.

jc456

Liked Posts:
From what you just said there, I believe there is a ton of tape to evaluate.

Now, whether or not this staff can translate that into an effective gameplan...not really seeing it.
I’ve seen more schemed plays in one qtr. bucs vs ram then I’ve seen in four years of Nagy

jc456

Liked Posts:
Instead of asking does he know how to audible maybe you should be asking are those options even available to him because as some discussed earlier in the week Dalton didn't audible at all either he simply called whatever was on that damn call sheet . Thats one of the the main reasons why Foles was not even considered for this season because hed call whatever play he felt he could attack the defense with instead of the play Nagy simply wanted ran from his sheet.
Oh fk no. Nagy’s way or else

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
That’s pretty ridiculous. They were free running at him all day. It looked like a damn broke. This was Cutler against the Giants bad.

I didn’t matter who lined up back there today because they were going to get a beating.
Yeah, well there also a difference between dominated in the sense that you’re being sacked 4-5 times as opposed to 9. The number was so absurdly high because Fields was holding the ball.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Another wide fling open receiver rams! We couldn’t get one

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The fact that you are boiling it down to the stat line makes my point about it being a gross oversimplification. There were a few definitely on him. But when you're getting sacked in under 2 seconds consistently, that is a protection, execution, and playcalling problem at the root.

Fields did not play well today, but the reasons for that are multifaceted.
Jesus Nvan, don't go soft . Say what you mean. Nagy has to go.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lies. I was told Rams overrated and Browns are better.

I like watching the rams shred the bucs.
Now that I said that, brady will probably bring them back for a win, cuz he is an asshole in that way.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yeah, well there also a difference between dominated in the sense that you’re being sacked 4-5 times as opposed to 9. The number was so absurdly high because Fields was holding the ball.
Holding the ball? He could barely complete his drops. Garrett was salivating out there.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:

No, I don’t believe the Bears are the only team in the NFL in decades whose coaching staff doesn’t allow audibles. Do you actually for a second believe that could be the case?

“Thats one of the main reasons why Foles was not even considers for this season.” No it isn’t. Why do you think you can just make things up? Foles was never in the mix because they never even wanted him this year. They couldn’t get rid of him and his contract. And he’s not playing because he was horrible. lol at you just making up some nonsense about it being because of audibles. They drafted Fields and already had Dalton. Foles was the third stringer. He was never going to play unless they had injuries.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like watching the rams shred the bucs.
Now that I said that, brady will probably bring them back for a win, cuz he is an asshole in that way.

Maybe. Right now Brady playing like Andy Dalton.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Holding the ball? He could barely complete his drops. Garrett was salivating out there.

I’m not defending the OL. They’re bad. He was worse.

Yes, he had time on some of those sacks and should have gotten rid of the ball. He also could have recognized they were blitzing every play late and gotten rid of the ball. Instead he just stood there like a deer in headlights.

Guess what, there are a lot of teams with terrible offensive lines. The bears aren’t first team in the history of the nfl to have a bad offensive line. Good quarterbacks can even sometimes overcome it. They have an internal clock and they get rid of the ball. Andy Dalton did it two weeks ago. You don’t just stand there or start running around like a chicken with you head cut off. His footwork was horrible and his presence within the pocket was too. that has nothing to do with the competency of the offensive line. There were probably 3-5 of those sacks a competent qb would have avoided.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m not defending the OL. They’re bad. He was worse.

Yes, he had time on some of those sacks and should have gotten rid of the ball. He also could have recognized they were blitzing every play late and gotten rid of the ball. Instead he just stood there like a deer in headlights.

Guess what, there are a lot of teams with terrible offensive lines. The bears aren’t first team in the history of the nfl to have a bad offensive line. Good quarterbacks can even sometimes overcome it. They have an internal clock and they get rid of the ball. Andy Dalton did it two weeks ago. You don’t just stand there or start running around like a chicken with you head cut off. His footwork was horrible and his presence within the pocket was too. that has nothing to do with the competency of the offensive line. There were probably 3-5 of those sacks a competent qb would have avoided.
Let's pretend that half of those were avoidable. 4-5 is still a lot.

Second, let's not confuse competency with experience. Those 2 are very different things.

Lastly, despite the shit ton of pressure not one turnover was committed either through int or fumble. This game sucked no doubt, but I see that as a positive indicator moving forward.