What Are You Eating Right Now?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Oooh, I may do oyster po' boys while bingeing Gary Busey Pet Judge.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could go for a Shrimp Poboy this weekend. Drop some knowledge
How to dress it or how to fry it? I’m not a big fan of New Orleans style po boy bread unless fresh cause it will dry out when re heated and choke ya. I like heavier bread. Nice crunch on outside but soft middle. Dig out a little of inside to make a boat. Dress it then shrimp. People over cook shrimp. You fry it until just crispy. I’ll marinate shrimp in some hot sauce then straight into a yellow flower season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and my own creole seasoning. If buying creole seasoning, slap ya mamas is the best in the market. Great flavor without the massive amount of salt. Tony’s is way to salty. I just take the shrimp from hot sauce straight into the yellow flower. Shake off excess. Drop in a 350 to 375 fryer until golden brown. May sprinkle with some salt if needed right out of the flour. Drain it and put on the dressed bread. Enjoy

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
How to dress it or how to fry it? I’m not a big fan of New Orleans style po boy bread unless fresh cause it will dry out when re heated and choke ya. I like heavier bread. Nice crunch on outside but soft middle. Dig out a little of inside to make a boat. Dress it then shrimp. People over cook shrimp. You fry it until just crispy. I’ll marinate shrimp in some hot sauce then straight into a yellow flower season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and my own creole seasoning. If buying creole seasoning, slap ya mamas is the best in the market. Great flavor without the massive amount of salt. Tony’s is way to salty. I just take the shrimp from hot sauce straight into the yellow flower. Shake off excess. Drop in a 350 to 375 fryer until golden brown. May sprinkle with some salt if needed right out of the flour. Drain it and put on the dressed bread. Enjoy
oysters the same way but biggest problem with oysters is people over fry them. You don’t want to kill the oyster. You want to just crispy and pull. Two to three minutes. Perfect fried oyster

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Squid seemed better quality today than oysters. Went with that, and grabbed some besan. Calamari and Gary Busey?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nah, Swayze would ruin it. That's 12 year old boy fantasy s***

Vzwnzux.jpg

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
DD785A63-B87B-49FD-B6C1-535EC2A7982B.jpeg

Rate my Poboy

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Top ten sandwhich when done right.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Your lettuce is clunky, but otherwise that looks good, probably would've thrown a few more shrimp in there myself. Now I want to make one and I already have the shrimp, just not the bread or tomatoes...
Wife cut the veggies ? her uniform cuts suck

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Hot dogs with that Cali cut!