My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If there is gellin in the trenches I'll rest easier

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
One to block each wheel.
I wouldn't start building that mobile home with the bricks first though. I would at least get to the point where there are wheels before I would touch those two bricks.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
They're more important than QB? Possibly. Can't do anything as a QB when you have DL hanging all over you.

Trenches are the reason Brady has two L's to Eli Manning in the Superbowl. Trenches are the reason the Eagles are so damn good right now. Trenchers are the reason Mahomes lost to Brady in the Superbowl.

The Bears need to upgrade ours heavy. Mostly on the DL. I think we have 4/5 of a good OL. Just need to address center, obviously. DL needs two more starters.

My plan to upgrade the OL
  • draft Sedrick Van Pran (if you plan on keeping Fields)
  • if you plan on having a rookie QB he needs a veteran center (Connor Williams)
  • draft Zak Zinter-I know he just broke his leg but he can be a stash player for a year. His injury isn't a career ender
  • if you don't want an already injured guard draft Javion Cohen, he could walk in and start if needed
My plan to upgrade the DL
  • sign Justin Madubuike
  • sign AJ Epenesa
  • draft T'Vondre Sweat
  • draft Adisa Isaac as a developmental DE
DL depth:

DE-Montez Sweat/Adisa Isaac, AJ Epenesa/Demarcus Walker
DT: Billings/T'Vondre Sweat, Dexter/Pickens

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't start building that mobile home with the bricks first though. I would at least get to the point where there are wheels before I would touch those two bricks.
Everyone knows you start with building a meth client base and THEN you start building the mobile home.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Everyone knows you start with building a meth client base and THEN you start building the mobile home.
I stand corrected. Seeing that meth can be packaged into bricks and building a meth client base is the first thing to do, a brick IS the first thing necessary in building a home.

Learn something new everyday.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I stand corrected. Seeing that meth can be packaged into bricks and building a meth client base is the first thing to do, a brick IS the first thing necessary in building a home.

Learn something new everyday.
Building it right is what differentiates a mobile house from a mobile h❤️me.

Bust

Liked Posts:

What Do You Guys Think About Trenches?​

Bears are actually pretty close. They just need a hall of fame LT and all pro center to keep justin from fumblin. Luckily Poles filled the RT need last year with the 1st round pick.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Josh Lucas (the guy from the Pace regime) absolutely loves JC Latham. Said he could play 4 positions on the OL. I haven’t watched him play so just going off his description.

I’m perfectly fine trading down. Drafting two OL and two DL. Free agent WR. and letting Fields develop if that’s what they choose. And considering we have two linemen for GMs that seems as likely as anything to me.
JC Latham is 6'6" 360 lbs and had zero sacks given up in 13 starts at RT and a consensus top 3 OT prospect for the draft. Pretty damn impressive. From what I've read, he had an issue with penalties at one point, but I haven't watched him much tbh.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
They're more important than QB? Possibly. Can't do anything as a QB when you have DL hanging all over you.

Trenches are the reason Brady has two L's to Eli Manning in the Superbowl. Trenches are the reason the Eagles are so damn good right now. Trenchers are the reason Mahomes lost to Brady in the Superbowl.

The Bears need to upgrade ours heavy. Mostly on the DL. I think we have 4/5 of a good OL. Just need to address center, obviously. DL needs two more starters.

My plan to upgrade the OL
  • draft Sedrick Van Pran (if you plan on keeping Fields)
  • if you plan on having a rookie QB he needs a veteran center (Connor Williams)
  • draft Zak Zinter-I know he just broke his leg but he can be a stash player for a year. His injury isn't a career ender
  • if you don't want an already injured guard draft Javion Cohen, he could walk in and start if needed
My plan to upgrade the DL
  • sign Justin Madubuike
  • sign AJ Epenesa
  • draft T'Vondre Sweat
  • draft Adisa Isaac as a developmental DE
DL depth:

DE-Montez Sweat/Adisa Isaac, AJ Epenesa/Demarcus Walker
DT: Billings/T'Vondre Sweat, Dexter/Pickens
While I agree a good defensive line is very important, the Bears already invested $110M on the DL this year and drafted Dexter & Pickens. The OL needs to be the priority, especially for young QBs, whether that’s Fields or Williams/Maye.

Sign Connor Williams. He’s a proven veteran. Then, draft the best offensive linemen. I like JC Latham, because he can play inside and outside. I like your idea of buying low on a guy like Zak Zinter. Depth is critical.

As for the defensive line, Justin Madubuike is pie in the sky. No way Ravens let a 26 year old with 10 sacks walk.

I’d like the Bears to resign Yannick Ngakoue. I think his price tag drops a bit after the year he’s having. Curious to see how he finishes the year with Montez Sweat here. Draft a guy to develop behind him. Chris Braswell is a guy I have my eye on. The tools are all there.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think there is an Oline epidemic in the NFL

A disease where in college elite big man athleticism and talent chooses or is funneled to other positions. And where in college OL aren't taught for shit. And the result is not enough competent OL players in the league for even half the teams to have a decent OL.

And imo the generally shit QB play across the NFL is in part cause of this.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think there is an Oline epidemic in the NFL

A disease where in college elite big man athleticism and talent chooses or is funneled to other positions. And where in college OL aren't taught for shit. And the result is not enough competent OL players in the league for even half the teams to have a decent OL.

And imo the generally shit QB play across the NFL is in part cause of this.
OL play is at an all-time low/crisis level in the NFL. Maybe 2-3 teams out of all 32 can say they have a good OL.