What I Think Happens Mock Draft

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Here's a list of the QB's that the Bears had a chance of drafting since Pace has been with us.
P.Lynch
C.Hackenberg
J.Brissett
C.Kessler
D.Prescott--1
C.Jones
K.Hogan
N.Sudfeld
J.Rudock
B.Allen
J.Driskell
B.Doughty

G.Grayson
S.Mannion
B.Petty
B.Hundley
T.Semien

After Dak which ones is it that you're so mad that Pace passed on. I'm really hoping i can get a real answer to this question and not just jumping around the question with foolish answers which is what usually happens. For me i don't see one single QB after Dak that i'm mad about Pace passing on.

You are looking at things in hindsight. During draft time many of them would have been good tries at solving the qb problem. They might not have worked out but it was trying. We were stuck with cutler for a few years and couldn't seal the deal to trade up for wentz or Marriotta so what just give up and say maybe next year? Bs you groom someone and if they suck draft another then next year. Not trying is not a game plan. Cause of that mismanagement we were forced to throw 19 mil on the toys r us mascot

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think were the argument comes into play is based on the players that you would be passing on to take the QB.

If a QB is a 1st round pick, but not a top 10 guy, I think his value slots in as soon as the blue chip talents are gone. You would not under any circumstance take Watson over Myles Garrett.

The question is how many blue chip/stand out players are in the draft, because the QBs in this class have value as soon as those guys are spent.

Yeah I would, in a heartbeat.

The last elite, sure fire can't miss no-brainer pass rusher was Jadaveon Clowney (also first overall, also drew comparisons to Julius Peppers, right about the same size as Garrett and a similar prospect overall).

As good as Clowney is, the Texans aren't going to sniff the Superbowl until they get a legit QB.

I want the QB more than I want the Clowney.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I would, in a heartbeat.

The last elite, sure fire can't miss no-brainer pass rusher was Jadaveon Clowney (also first overall, also drew comparisons to Julius Peppers, right about the same size as Garrett and a similar prospect overall).

As good as Clowney is, the Texans aren't going to sniff the Superbowl until they get a legit QB.

I want the QB more than I want the Clowney.

Assuming that Watson is that QB.

I would take Mariota over Garrett or Clowney, I am not there on Watson and company.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are looking at things in hindsight. During draft time many of them would have been good tries at solving the qb problem. They might not have worked out but it was trying. We were stuck with cutler for a few years and couldn't seal the deal to trade up for wentz or Marriotta so what just give up and say maybe next year? Bs you groom someone and if they suck draft another then next year. Not trying is not a game plan. Cause of that mismanagement we were forced to throw 19 mil on the toys r us mascot

It also assumes the same development arch if those guys had been on the Bears.

Impossible to know if one of them would have been better if they had gotten consistent playing time with the Bears.

Personally I would have liked to have seen what Hundley would have done with 10 games last season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That being said the only player in the draft that I do not think you can take a QB over is Garrett.

I am not sure I see another elite prospect in the class. Maybe is Adams can improve those athletic numbers he may move into that class of having elite tape and elite athletic upside.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That being said the only player in the draft that I do not think you can take a QB over is Garrett.

I am not sure I see another elite prospect in the class. Maybe is Adams can improve those athletic numbers he may move into that class of having elite tape and elite athletic upside.

If it's Watson or trubisky I think I take them instead of Garrett. But if the choice is garrett or kizer I think I'm going Garrett. I have not seen a defensive player make the impact to a team like a qb does

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That would be ideal but I do not see the QB talent falling to 36 when you consider that the number of teams that could reasonable go QB that pick between 3 and 36.

NYJ
Buf
Clev
Ari
Hou
KC
Clev
SF

I do not see how any of the 4 make it through that gaunlet.

Don't forget if a top QB is available then Pittsburgh, the New York Giants, Chargers, and Vikings will also be interested. I would take Buf off your list.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I guess Pace is pretty smart then cause he knew none of them would be worth anything but being career backups in the NFL. The only guy he missed on was the same guy every GM missed on but Jerry who really just got lucky. I get the whole he should of at least tried argument but if when he does pull the trigger he hits on the right guy then i don't see the problem with waiting for the guy he truly believed in. I think he's gonna take one somewhere in this draft just to take one and hope he gets lucky but i also think his focus is on the 2018 draft for his franchise guy. I just can't wait for this draft to get here so we can see what the hell he's gonna do.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It also assumes the same development arch if those guys had been on the Bears.

Impossible to know if one of them would have been better if they had gotten consistent playing time with the Bears.

Personally I would have liked to have seen what Hundley would have done with 10 games last season.

I had Hundley as a 1st-2nd round QB in that draft. Him falling to the 7th Round was highway robbery for the Packers.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I guess Pace is pretty smart then cause he knew none of them would be worth anything but being career backups in the NFL. The only guy he missed on was the same guy every GM missed on but Jerry who really just got lucky. I get the whole he should of at least tried argument but if when he does pull the trigger he hits on the right guy then i don't see the problem with waiting for the guy he truly believed in. I think he's gonna take one somewhere in this draft just to take one and hope he gets lucky but i also think his focus is on the 2018 draft for his franchise guy. I just can't wait for this draft to get here so we can see what the hell he's gonna do.

It's WAY too early to say that about those guys. WAY too early.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Don't forget if a top QB is available then Pittsburgh, the New York Giants, Chargers, and Vikings will also be interested. I would take Buf off your list.

A lot of those teams aren't gonna pass up a day one starter at other needed positions to draft a QB to sit behind their veteran QB's they already have just because their guy is getting older so you can't just assume that they'll draft a QB with their top pick. Maybe they will and maybe they won't, it's a chance some teams will take that they won't and it could hurt them or help them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It's WAY too early to say that about those guys. WAY too early.

That's correct but the odds are in the favor of them being career backups more than it's not.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I had Hundley as a 1st-2nd round QB in that draft. Him falling to the 7th Round was highway robbery for the Packers.

Didn't he get drafted in the 4th or 5th round??

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears had 10 games last season of prime develop a young QB and take some lumps and instead they wasted them on Hoyer and Barkley.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A lot of those teams aren't gonna pass up a day one starter at other needed positions to draft a QB to sit behind their veteran QB's they already have just because their guy is getting older so you can't just assume that they'll draft a QB with their top pick. Maybe they will and maybe they won't, it's a chance some teams will take that they won't and it could hurt them or help them.

You are crazy! I know the Steelers are in love with Kizer, and Ben was debating on retiring after last season. Eli has looked like shit the last few seasons and now with a new head coach I am sure they would jump at the chance to draft Watson and have him signed to a 5 year rookie contract.

Do you seriously think these team would rather have a starting nickel back or situational pass rusher over a potential franchise QB that they can groom for a year or two?

If Kizer has the chance to sit behind Big Ben for 2 years. When Ben does retire it will be like the green bay situation where the QB position gets upgraded when the star Q moves on. BUT you proably are right they would be better off drafting a TE or a DB because its a better value..

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I was building a team I would take Watson and Adams over Garrett. Football is not an individual sport and both of these guys I identify as having that trait of elevating the play and spirits of the other 10 people around them. I think both Watson and Adams will be more valuable to their teams than Garrett will be, even if he develops into a pro bowler.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If I was building a team I would take Watson and Adams over Garrett. Football is not an individual sport and both of these guys I identify as having that trait of elevating the play and spirits of the other 10 people around them. I think both Watson and Adams will be more valuable to their teams than Garrett will be, even if he develops into a pro bowler.

That is also assuming that Garrett is not good in those areas as well.

Garrett is a generational athlete who also plays the 2nd most valuable position in the game. I would take him over anyone that is not an elite QB prospect, but in this draft I think he is the only one.