Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This talk has always cracked me up.I tend to look at players by "Round" rather than pick..and most NFL teams do too. If you look at it by pick and you're a QB starved team you aren't going to take a 1st round QB at #5 but will trade back up to take him later in the 1st? You've just spent three picks to get two players typically at that point. QB operates most times outside the norms of the draft and it's galling that the talking heads never address that. I never get too up or down on a team "reaching" for a guy. If you like him, and have him graded in that round, take him.

I still look at it by pick and I think teams do as well. Maybe not so much pick but how individual players are stacked on their board. A good GM understand that added value and rarity of certain positions and sets his board up accordingly as in 'overdraft' QBs, LTs and edge rushers.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe someone will fall to us at 36 and we can get someone in the building with some upside.

What is depressing to me is if the QB room at Halas Hall is devoid of top 10 QB upside. Right now it is. It looks like a game manager's club.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had Hundley as a 1st-2nd round QB in that draft. Him falling to the 7th Round was highway robbery for the Packers.

Pace passing on Hundley for completely irrelevant Adrian "what's a turnover?" Amos was a huge mistake.

Imagine how different the situation here would be right now had we gotten 14 weeks worth of development and looks at the kid instead of wasting everyones time with Hoyer and Barkley. All those valuable reps and learning on the job taking his rookie lumps in a meaningless throwaway year flushed down the shitter for yet another non-factor safety that probably won't even be on the team in 2 years. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Instead of being buried behind Rodgers in GB we could of potentially had our own Prescott and not even be in this fucking situation of having our hand forced into starting a scrub like Glennon and needing to use a high pick on a QB. We certainly wouldn't be looking down the barrel of yet another completely wasted season with the prospect of another wasted season in 2018 if they once again pass on taking a QB to wait for next years crop.

What a joke. Pace will fuck it up this year too, just watch... He'll stick to his BPA guns and take a DE or S at 3. Then the top 3 guys will go before our 2nd round pick so he'll go BPA again taking whichever position he didn't take at 3, and we'll end up dumpster diving for whatever QB is left over in like the 4th or 5th depending on where his "value" sheet/algorithm says he can finally take one. We'll end up with some non-difference maker like Peterman who won't see the field until week 15 after they let Glennon and ButtFumble waste the entire season. Then since we didn't get a good look at the kid they'll hype his potential and pay him lip service and hold off on taking a QB in 2018 because they want to see what they have in him first. I'm telling ya just watch. It's the Bears they'll fuck this entire thing up.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Pace passing on Hundley for completely irrelevant Adrian "what's a turnover?" Amos was a huge mistake.

Imagine how different the situation here would be right now had we gotten 14 weeks worth of development and looks at the kid instead of wasting everyones time with Hoyer and Barkley. All those valuable reps and learning on the job taking his rookie lumps in a meaningless throwaway year flushed down the shitter for yet another non-factor safety that probably won't even be on the team in 2 years. Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Instead of being buried behind Rodgers in GB we could of potentially had our own Prescott and not even be in this fucking situation of having our hand forced into starting a scrub like Glennon and needing to use a high pick on a QB. We certainly wouldn't be looking down the barrel of yet another completely wasted season with the prospect of another wasted season in 2018 if they once again pass on taking a QB to wait for next years crop.

What a joke. Pace will fuck it up this year too, just watch... He'll stick to his BPA guns and take a DE or S at 3. Then the top 3 guys will go before our 2nd round pick so he'll go BPA again taking whichever position he didn't take at 3, and we'll end up dumpster diving for whatever QB is left over in like the 4th or 5th depending on where his "value" sheet/algorithm says he can finally take one. We'll end up with some non-difference maker like Peterman who won't see the field until week 15 after they let Glennon and ButtFumble waste the entire season. Then since we didn't get a good look at the kid they'll hype his potential and pay him lip service and hold off on taking a QB in 2018 because they want to see what they have in him first. I'm telling ya just watch. It's the Bears they'll fuck this entire thing up.

You've been watching this team for a long time haven't you?

It's been too long, that's the point guys.

We're tired of seeing the same old shit at qb in Chicago.

Pull the fuckin trigger at 3 and have some balls for once!!!

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
You've been watching this team for a long time haven't you?!

Yes, 30+ years watching this trainwreck of a franchise has made me very cynical towards the Bears. The Cutler trade gave me a few years of optimism but ultimately only ended up making me even more cynical and apathetic towards this team. I could never stop being a fan but I seriously can't see myself actually wasting my Sundays to watch this upcoming season without a newly drafted rookie QB starting. I have absolutely zero desire to watch Glennon play out some irrelevant 4-12 season.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
when you live through a team that trades a first rounder for rick mirer your life is never the same again........maybe even have a case a ptsd

zabavka

Liked Posts:
when you live through a team that trades a first rounder for rick mirer your life is never the same again........maybe even have a case a ptsd

Not to mention all the Jauronstead years of the 90s, man it's been a rough ride

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Broc it is a real possibility that the Bears will end up dumpster diving got a draft QB.

I will be right beside you with the torch.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is also assuming that Garrett is not good in those areas as well.

Garrett is a generational athlete who also plays the 2nd most valuable position in the game. I would take him over anyone that is not an elite QB prospect, but in this draft I think he is the only one.

Generally speaking I agree with you 100% and I would never even fathom passing on a Garrett for a Safety or any other position than a QB. But Adams just looks like that guy who is the missing piece that this defense hasn't had for the last 10+ years. That guy who brings teeth back to the defense, that knocks the snot out of the opposing offense and let's them know they are in for a long afternoon.

Watson and Adams are anchors who you can build around for the next decade. Leaders that this team is lacking. This team has no identity on either side of the ball and Garrett doesn't change this IMO.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree on Watson and Adams.

I think Adams could easily be the pick and he would be a good pick. Might not be the flashiest pick, but will start for 10 years and be the heartbeat of your defense.

I head a Brian Dawkins comp and actually loved it.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
That is also assuming that Garrett is not good in those areas as well.

Garrett is a generational athlete who also plays the 2nd most valuable position in the game. I would take him over anyone that is not an elite QB prospect, but in this draft I think he is the only one.

I will probably catch heat for this but if you're not going QB I would take Adams over Garrett and I am usually the guy pushing for a pass rusher.

Having watched a lot of SEC, I can clearly see the talent but I also saw a guy who disappeared against SEC competition. Derek Barnett was considerably better against top competition over the course of their careers. I know production isn't everything and Garrett is an athlete like no other but I view him as more of an on and off guy like Clowney than say Von Miller or Peppers who he frequently gets coneared to.

zabavka

Liked Posts:
Yes, 30+ years watching this trainwreck of a franchise has made me very cynical towards the Bears. The Cutler trade gave me a few years of optimism but ultimately only ended up making me even more cynical and apathetic towards this team. I could never stop being a fan but I seriously can't see myself actually wasting my Sundays to watch this upcoming season without a newly drafted rookie QB starting. I have absolutely zero desire to watch Glennon play out some irrelevant 4-12 season.

Man I feel you. I remember watching the 85 Bears with my dad as a child

It's been all downhill from there except of course the glimmering hope of the Lovie bowl vs the Colts

Devin Hester returning the opening kickoff was the high point since then for me

So sad...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will probably catch heat for this but if you're not going QB I would take Adams over Garrett and I am usually the guy pushing for a pass rusher.

Having watched a lot of SEC, I can clearly see the talent but I also saw a guy who disappeared against SEC competition. Derek Barnett was considerably better against top competition over the course of their careers. I know production isn't everything and Garrett is an athlete like no other but I view him as more of an on and off guy like Clowney than say Von Miller or Peppers who he frequently gets coneared to.
Totally agree. If they go defense, Adams is the guy I want.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree on Watson and Adams.

I think Adams could easily be the pick and he would be a good pick. Might not be the flashiest pick, but will start for 10 years and be the heartbeat of your defense.

I head a Brian Dawkins comp and actually loved it.

I heard the same comp from Kollmann. I talk to him on reddit. Dude knows what he's talking about.

Luke

Liked Posts:
be prepared, unless they somehow can trade down they will go defense.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
I like Windy's picks. But I'd be shocked if the Bears even get one of them.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears have lacked identity and direction for many years. The last player we had who defined the franchise and led the squad was Urlacher.

In lieu of the most athletically gifted talent, what the Bears have on their menu this year is that guy on both sides of the ball, imo. Watson and Adams might not be the sexiest players in terms of physical measurables, but both are quality impact players with the kind of qualities to organize and lead their side of the ball in pro bowl careers. I want one of them.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears have lacked identity and direction for many years. The last player we had who defined the franchise and led the squad was Urlacher.

In lieu of the most athletically gifted talent, what the Bears have on their menu this year is that guy on both sides of the ball, imo. Watson and Adams might not be the sexiest players in terms of physical measurables, but both are quality impact players with the kind of qualities to organize and lead their side of the ball in pro bowl careers. I want one of them.

Hard to argue with this.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Watson, Adams, each would become the most talented player on the Bears roster the day one of them signs.

I also luv me some D-Webb.

Years from now I believe the 2017 draft will be remembered as the draft that brought Solomon Thomas and Garrett into the NFL, and barring injuries those two both look to me like 10-year All-Pros.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'd take Solomon or Watson.