What I Think Happens Mock Draft

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I get the feeling that Bears will have 100% blind confidence in Mike Glennon like Bears did with Rex Grossman and Jay Cutler.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree on Watson and Adams.

I think Adams could easily be the pick and he would be a good pick. Might not be the flashiest pick, but will start for 10 years and be the heartbeat of your defense.

I head a Brian Dawkins comp and actually loved it.

He would be the next Mike Brown for this organization. That guy was the heartbeat behind the early to mid 2000's defenses.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Totally agree. If they go defense, Adams is the guy I want.

He's my favorite prospect outside of Watson. To me he is the total package. His big hits are what he gets credit for.but he is so much more than a big hitter. His coverage skills are outstanding and he's always around the ball. If he was used in a pure center fielder role he'd have more interceptions but the impact he had, IMO, was far greater. Not too many guys can impact the run game, stuff scteens, blitz effectively and cover in the slot step for step.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Yeah if they don't go QB then give me Solomon Thomas. I just have a hard time seeing a safety as an impact player unless he turns out to be a generational type talent.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Here's a list of the QB's that the Bears had a chance of drafting since Pace has been with us.
P.Lynch
C.Hackenberg
J.Brissett
C.Kessler
D.Prescott--1
C.Jones
K.Hogan
N.Sudfeld
J.Rudock
B.Allen
J.Driskell
B.Doughty

G.Grayson
S.Mannion
B.Petty
B.Hundley
T.Semien

After Dak which ones is it that you're so mad that Pace passed on. I'm really hoping i can get a real answer to this question and not just jumping around the question with foolish answers which is what usually happens. For me i don't see one single QB after Dak that i'm mad about Pace passing on.

Totally agree. Pace hasn't had a chance to draft his own QB. The Titans were never going to let him trade for Mariota.

AussieBear

but pace wasnt wrong about brees.. surgery and all... nor will he be wrong about the glennon..

Luke

Liked Posts:
I get the feeling that Bears will have 100% blind confidence in Mike Glennon like Bears did with Rex Grossman and Jay Cutler.

I tend to agree. I think that Pace feels that he should at least get his career stat line of 60% and 2-1 td-int and could easily better that. If that's the case, expect to see MG around here a long time.

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Would it be possible one of Kizer or Mahomes drops to #36?

Adams/Thomas and Kizer/mahomes would be a dream scenario.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I do think there is a possibility that Kizer falls because of accuracy issues. I don't think he makes it to 36 though. Bears would likely have to trade up to get him.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

I think Kizer is possible. If the Niners and Bears pass on QBs as 2-3, and Cleveland trades for Garoppolo.....who knows when the 1st QB comes off the board. I think once Watson or Trubisky comes off the board, the other will come off shortly thereafter. Actually, I could see a team like Arizona taking Mahomes even if Watson is on the board. Arians loves big arms, and a team that falls in love with Mahomes' traits and already has a veteran QB in place (Arizona, NO, maybe Buffalo, Washington) could value the fact that Mahomes is so moldable over the other QBs.

I'd say:
Trubisky- goes between picks 2 -12
Watson- goes between picks 2 -18
Mahomes goes between picks 10-20
Kizer goes between picks 25- 40

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is what I think happens

3-they go defense because of the value/talent available, which is totally fine if an elite defender is available and you don't think the QBs are worth the risk.

36-I think this is where they want to spend at QB, but I have serious doubts when the rubber hits the road that they top guys will fall this far. So they have to go defense again or maybe TE, which should provide some nice value.

67-I think they will get antsy that they are 0-2 adding QBs and they will make a move to ensure they don't have to wait till day 3.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
This is what I think happens

3-they go defense because of the value/talent available, which is totally fine if an elite defender is available and you don't think the QBs are worth the risk.

36-I think this is where they want to spend at QB, but I have serious doubts when the rubber hits the road that they top guys will fall this far. So they have to go defense again or maybe TE, which should provide some nice value.

67-I think they will get antsy that they are 0-2 adding QBs and they will make a move to ensure they don't have to wait till day 3.

I think the Bears will either trade up or back from 36, but I definitely think that will be the target pick for the QB. They'll either trade back into the 1st to get that 5th year of one of the top 4 guys or they'll move from 36 to around 45-55 and take Peterman/Webb. I'm leaning toward the latter, because that will give them an extra pick (likely in the 3rd) if they move down more 12 spots.

3- Adams, Thomas, or Allen. Starter at either S, OLB, or DL
36- trade back for QB
67- add S if pass on Adams, CB or DL if take Adams at 3
3rd acquired in trade down- WR or TE
4th- OLB (if no Thomas), DL (if no Allen or pick at 67), CB (if not picked at 67), OT an option, WR/TE (think they pick 1 or the other in this draft).....and they'll get 2 of these, obviously with 2 picks.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't know. I doubt they can trade down. I wouldn't want Allen, who seems to have a short career ahead of him and really doesn't fit.

It's hard to know, but I wouldn't take Allen or a safety. Pace is pretty cautious, so it could be vanilla - he's a bit gunshy as far as the health reports by now, I would guess.

It's not the best position to be in this year, but they have to try to find a player, even if he isn't worthy of 3.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears will either trade up or back from 36, but I definitely think that will be the target pick for the QB. They'll either trade back into the 1st to get that 5th year of one of the top 4 guys or they'll move from 36 to around 45-55 and take Peterman/Webb. I'm leaning toward the latter, because that will give them an extra pick (likely in the 3rd) if they move down more 12 spots.

3- Adams, Thomas, or Allen. Starter at either S, OLB, or DL
36- trade back for QB
67- add S if pass on Adams, CB or DL if take Adams at 3
3rd acquired in trade down- WR or TE
4th- OLB (if no Thomas), DL (if no Allen or pick at 67), CB (if not picked at 67), OT an option, WR/TE (think they pick 1 or the other in this draft).....and they'll get 2 of these, obviously with 2 picks.

Both of your scenarios are plausible of course it all depends on which QB's are left at 36. What if teams go crazy and the top 5 are gone, seems far fetched but stranger things have happened. If Pace is dead set on grabbing Peterman, he might not have the luxury of trading down and might have to take him at 36.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I like Kelly from Mississippi, but obviously not at 3. I'm not sure he gets to the third. Kids grow up - I was very irresponsible in college and I didn't have everyone fawning on me. I wouldn't mind Trubisky, but I think he's more of a project and will not leave the first. Watson doesn't really fit.

No clue what they do at 3.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I have no idea where Kelly will be taken, if he didn't have his off field issues he'd be in the 1st round discussion as well.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
If you pick him at the back end of the 2nd round he doesn't really need to be a Pro Bowler to be a good value.

If you pick a QB at 3 they really do need to make a Pro Bowl for it to be a good value.

I am fine with a QB at 3, but I do not see the Bears doing it.

There is no such thing as "value" at the QB position. Who cares if you get him a round after everyone says he belongs, if he sucks? Who cares if you draft him"early" if he turns out to be great?
People seem to like Peterman because he played in a pro-style offense, not because he has anything that translates into a dynamic pro QB. If all you're drafting is a competent backup then using a third round pick is a waste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is no such thing as "value" at the QB position. Who cares if you get him a round after everyone says he belongs, if he sucks? Who cares if you draft him"early" if he turns out to be great?
People seem to like Peterman because he played in a pro-style offense, not because he has anything that translates into a dynamic pro QB. If all you're drafting is a competent backup then using a third round pick is a waste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have to weigh the chance he has to be great.

Would picking Peterman at 3 be a reach/bad value?

Any QB can be a reach/bad value depending on the chance they have to be good and the players you are passing on to select them.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Both of your scenarios are plausible of course it all depends on which QB's are left at 36. What if teams go crazy and the top 5 are gone, seems far fetched but stranger things have happened. If Pace is dead set on grabbing Peterman, he might not have the luxury of trading down and might have to take him at 36.
That's true. I'm.just saying what I think the plan will be. Of course, if the Niners take Thomas and the Bears are set on him.... That might make a QB at 3 more likely.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk