• Total voters

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There have been countless threads about Mitch at this point, many of which are "calling out Mitch homers"....so apologies for creating yet another Mitch thread. I'm really not sure what that means, so I'd like to get some common consensus on how we are defining that. From my perspective, there are a few camps on CCS at the moment:

Camp #1 - No matter what Mitch does, or doesn't do, this group will find fault with Mitch's play if he doesn't elevate his game to the level of Mahomes (he won't, ever). This group usually wants to be "right" above all else, even if it's bad for the Bears.

Camp #2 - Not happy with Mitch's play so far this season, and strongly believe that he won't improve, and the organization should begin to look elsewhere.

Camp #3 - Not happy with Mitch's play so far this season, but remain cautiously optimistic that his play will improve as the season progresses. Don't believe that Mitch will ever be "elite", but think he can rise to the level of slightly above average. <<< I am here.

Camp #4 - Extreme apologists who are willing to write off poor performance strictly due to other factors, and assign no blame to Mitch as being part of the problem. Think Mitch will ultimately raise his game to "elite" status.

Am I missing any?

To me, the "Mitch homers" are squarely in camp 4. But for all the talk about this group, I think it's a very very small % of people here. I'd say the bulk of posters fall into #2 and #3.

Last edited:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2.5, but I voted 2.

I think there is more evidence to suggest that he is not going to be what we need versus that he is going to be a franchise guy.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I’m a 3.5, but only because I hope he can be elite, or at least well above average.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Camp 3 is the only real camp.
I would say most ppl were in camp 3 last year and even during the off-season. After these last two games, masses have moved to camp 2

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Camp 1 exists only in the irrational and paranoid imaginations of Mitch homers.

I'm in camp 2.

I think those in camp 3 are kidding themselves. He sucks. Time to accept it.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Add me to the 2.5 group. I’m not happy with his play. I think he’ll be better because he’s playing like the worst an in the league. But I’m also not cautiously optimistic because I think his ceiling at this point is being a mediocre QB. Unless he completely turns it around, I say you find yourself another QB.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I'm in camp 2.

I wouldn't put you in camp 1 FWIW if you think I was talking about you. I think if he put together a string of consistently good performances, you'd be man enough to say he was improving. There are others here that wouldn't though. They would remain silent until he had an off day and be all over him like vultures.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I'm in camp 2.

I'm in Camp 2.5 because my inherent optimism for the longterm is currently excusing data and the eye test.

If only Mitchell could string together 4-6 BOUNCE BACK performances I could firmly find myself in "camp 3"

msadows

Liked Posts:
I would say most ppl were in camp 3 last year and even during the off-season. After these last two games, masses have moved to camp 2

And those people are dumb as fuck. You can be between the two camps(2 and 3), but thinking a QB who showed large leaps last year has NO CHANCE for improvement after two games this year(One of which he was asked just to not fuck up).

I'm not saying the guy is going to be good, but having the definite take that he has no chance to be even OKAY after a couple games this year is dumb. He was okay last year, hes been horrid so far this year. I'd rather take the larger sample size.

He obviously won't ever be elite, but there has been signs through the last couple years that he could be okay. With this D, okay should be enough.