What realistic move would you need the Bears to make to get you excited about this season?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Its very realistic to draft a QB with one of our 2nds and let him sit and learn behind Mitch
LMFAo. 0% chance that is happening.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy showing less "leadership" and more humbleness
AND asking members here at CCS for our opinions on Y the O is Soooooo predictable

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The Oline needs more than just 1 piece. It’s a huge mess and the life blood of any offense.

I know this is obvious to most but I don’t think Nagy/Pace get it. The Bears only option, in 2020, is relying on the run game and Montgomery. Mitch needs to be hidden behind great blocking and a powerful run game.

Oline in FA
Oline in Draft

It’s raining Oline!!!

mbison

Liked Posts:
LMFAo. 0% chance that is happening.

Lol. You don’t sound very smart.

The best Pace could do is have a plan B if/when Mitch doesn’t work out. You do realize this is Mitchs 4 season as a starter right and we have a championship defense right? Franchise QBs don’t grow on trees and never hit free agency. The best thing to do is draft another QB and let him sit and learn Nagys offense. That way next year worst case we can cut Mitch and the 2nd year QB can step in and take Mitches place at a low cost

Last edited:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If the Bears fired Pace I would shit myself and chug a litter of Metimusal

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Just in the playoff this year there were 7 starting QBs that we’re 2nd rounders and higher

Dak
Jimmy G
Kirk Cousin
Tom Brady
Russel Wilson
Drew Brees
Ryan T

Late 1st round
Lamar Jackson
Aaron Rodgers

See my point?

Nobody called you out on this.......but 1) Dak did NOT make the playoffs this year. 2) Ryan Tannehill was an 8th overall pick. 3) Two of those 5 remaining when you take out the 2 blatantly wrong guy you listed as playoff QBs were drafted 20 years ago (one of which was pick 32, when there were only 31 NFL teams).

mbison

Liked Posts:
Nobody called you out on this.......but 1) Dak did NOT make the playoffs this year. 2) Ryan Tannehill was an 8th overall pick. 3) Two of those 5 remaining when you take out the 2 blatantly wrong guy you listed as playoff QBs were drafted 20 years ago (one of which was pick 32, when there were only 31 NFL teams).

Doesnt matter. There still enough proof that you can find a franchise QB in later rounds of the draft

4 of the last 10 Super Bowl wining QBs we selected in the 2nd Or 3rd round. Let that sink in

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brady, Wilson and Brees are the only franchise QBs on list. Rest of those are guys need a good team around them to succeed. JG also famously choked in SB while the 1st rnd QB Mahomes rallied his troops for the win.

So yes it is entirely possible of finding a franchise QB anywhere in draft. However you are more likely to fail relative to using a 1st round pick.

Last edited:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Doesnt matter. There still enough proof that you can find a franchise QB in later rounds of the draft

4 of the last 10 Super Bowl wining QBs we selected in the 2nd Or 3rd round. Let that sink in

There's proof that it CAN be done, but it's overwhelmingly hard to do. Again, it's easy to say 4 of 10 with no context, but like I said before 2 of those guys are HOFers drafted 20 years ago. And one is Nick Foles who got on a hot streak and is now a backup like he's been 90% of his career.

The narrative is being carried by Russell Wilson. Wilson is the only example of the last 15 of a great QB drafted after the 1st. Sure guys like Cousins, Jimmy G, and a few others are solid-to-good starters, but the elite guys are typically the first rounders.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
There's proof that it CAN be done, but it's overwhelmingly hard to do. Again, it's easy to say 4 of 10 with no context, but like I said before 2 of those guys are HOFers drafted 20 years ago. And one is Nick Foles who got on a hot streak and is now a backup like he's been 90% of his career.

The narrative is being carried by Russell Wilson. Wilson is the only example of the last 15 of a great QB drafted after the 1st. Sure guys like Cousins, Jimmy G, and a few others are solid-to-good starters, but the elite guys are typically the first rounders.

And this is my point. How about you aim for a franchise guy not for mediocrity. I'm not saying don't pick a QB, I'm just saying wait a year and use a first. Even trade another 1st to move up if you want.

Basically swing at fastballs in the zone not curve balls in the dirt.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’ll be excited regardless. But a few things that would make me even more excited:

Sign a TE and a RG
Draft a EDGE and Safety in round 2
Sign Nate Sudfeld
Draft a QB in one of the later rounds
Trade down in round two and pick up an extra pick or two.
Extend AR
Draft a faster RB later in the draft.
Draft a developmental swing tackle later in the draft.

Any of these things will make me happy.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I’ll be excited regardless. But a few things that would make me even more excited:

Sign a TE and a RG
Draft a EDGE and Safety in round 2
Sign Nate Sudfeld
Draft a QB in one of the later rounds
Trade down in round two and pick up an extra pick or two.
Extend AR
Draft a faster RB later in the draft.
Draft a developmental swing tackle later in the draft.

Any of these things will make me happy.

I'm with you on a lot of this. I think there's a good chance they go for Sudfeld. I think that there's a pretty strong chance they go OT in round 2, it's a good year for them, and maybe fill their safety hole via free agency where SS tends to be one of the positions where there is good FA value. In FA I want to see a legit starting RG for sure, probably a vet EDGE who will more or less be a designated pass rusher, and a cheap vet CB to compete with the Tolliver and whoever else.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nagy relieving himself of play calling duties. Everything else is irrelevant.
Short of the miracle revelation of actually realizing how awful he was at it last season there isn't much that would excite me.

He won't give up the duties, but hopefully he gets a come to Jesus meeting with Pace and understands how bad it was and makes the adjustments. So really, absolutely nothing Bears will excite me until I see that Nagy has learned to playcall above a Arena League level.

I am also excited about the possibility of unicorns flying out of my butt.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What do you think is the most likely outcome of the TE situation...
1. Stay w/ Burton and Draft one hoping Burton returns close to 2018 form
2. Pay in FA and have two high price TE
3. Actually cut Burton

Sign someone and hope Burton can be the #2.

But they can’t rely on Burton to take 90-100 targets

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I am fine with drafting a good QB in round 2.

At least that gives us a chip and a chair.