What should Bears do at QB in the off season?

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Rivers is finished. He has a few throws in him but thats a great OL and he didn't really have to make plays today.

Don't trade up. They're already bound for a rebuild. You just have to hope you suck enough for a good future prospect. QB isn't the problem though. It's Ryan Pace. Pace gave us Mitch. He gave us Nagy. You cannot trust this man with any other major decisions, especially major ones like highly drafted QBs. 2018 was the worst thing that happened to this team because it convinced people that Pace was competent. His fate should have been tied with Mitchs, Dump them both. Let the new GM bring his staff in.

Pace's contract runs through 2021, Nagy's through 2022. Based on current salary cap projections for 2021 the Bears may only have around $5 million in cap space with half of that going to the draft class. My guess is that the Mccaskey's will give Pace and Nagy one more season to right the ship and if not they'll just blow the whole thing up.

New season, same Bears.

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
-Start losing every game and pray for Lawrence/Fields.
-Actually upgrade our OL.
-Profit?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Our defense is getting old and honestly don't have much juice left especially at the high pace they are now.

1. Trade up for top QB (Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence)

2. Free agent QB (Dak Prescott, Phillip Rivers)

3. Other
We need to fix the Oline before we start talking about drafting another qb. This teams biggest problem is Leno and the rest of that Oline. If you cant run the ball and you dont give your QB enough time to throw youre going to struggle. To make things more complicated you have one really good reciever, a talented rookie and a bunch of old men and guys who simply cant catch the ball consistently. You put Mahomes in this offense and even hes going to struggle.

mikeyk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nick Mullens will be an FA, too.. Could be worth a look.

mecha

Liked Posts:
they should do nothing. the franchise should honestly just not exist anymore at this juncture. the Cleveland Browns are more prosperous than this bundle of fuck.

if pencil boy wasn't the head coach of the Lions I would defect to them.

fuck this team.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Draft a QB every year until we have a top five QB. Little else matters in the long term besides the position. If taking a new QB somewhere every year means our defense and offensive supporting cast as marginally less talented, so be it.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Draft LT or QB...whichever is the best pick w/o trading anything to move up.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Problem is Foles is too fragile. He won't survive this year let alone another one with a rookie protecting him. Still need a QB.

A rookie 1st rounder is better than Leno on his best day.

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

shoez90

Liked Posts:
We need to fix the Oline before we start talking about drafting another qb. This teams biggest problem is Leno and the rest of that Oline. If you cant run the ball and you dont give your QB enough time to throw youre going to struggle. To make things more complicated you have one really good reciever, a talented rookie and a bunch of old men and guys who simply cant catch the ball consistently. You put Mahomes in this offense and even hes going to struggle.
I think mahomes could do way better bcuz of natural talent

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Our defense is getting old and honestly don't have much juice left especially at the high pace they are now.

1. Trade up for top QB (Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence)

2. Free agent QB (Dak Prescott, Phillip Rivers)

3. Other
What should Bears do at QB in the off season?

Be FUCKED.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trade Robinson for whatever picks you can get and mortgage future draft picks to move up to select a QB. Take the money you saved by trading Robinson and sign a LT. Problem is, does anyone want Pace to pick a QB? Kyle Trask anyone?

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
I say, stand pat with Trubisky and Foles, and look for a developmental-type QB in the 4th to 6th rounds. Both Trubisky and Foles have had good games this season, and I think the issue is more RB and to an extent, O-Line, not QB. If the Bears had signed Adrian Peterson, I think they're in much better shape.

Cohen and Patterson are not full-time RBs. You can line them up, they are dynamic return threats, they can explode when they get the ball, but they're not guys you can hand the ball off to 10-15 times a game, much less 20.

What the team will need is a way to get more picks. The first option, trade down. Multiple times, if need be. At First-Pick.com, I often can trade down from a mid-first to get 2-3 more second-round draft picks. A top 10 pick can be leveraged to get as many as 4 more. If someone blows me away with a wealth of picks for Robinson, I'll go with that, but ideally, I sign Robinson to an extension.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Mahomes can read a defense so he wouldn't struggle with this offense. Russell Wilson has pretty much always had a average o-line but is smart and mobile.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Draft Trey Lance and hire a competent OC.
It is pretty much Trey Lance (trade away a future 2022 first rd pick and more to move up - though some draft people consider hi the best QB in the draft) or Dak Prescott next year. Those are the two most likely scenarios that will happen.