What should Bears do at QB in the off season?

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Part of why I don't like Pace sticking around another year is that he will do more short term fixes than building for the long term as he tries to protect his job. I'd draft Oline in the first and grab a mid round QB prospect or FA and role with Foles one more year while trying to make sure the Oline and WR set is ready (I am starting to think Robinson is gone at WR so we have a bunch of unreliable, unprovens at that point). The team likely would have to rely in 2021 on an improved running game with new Olinemen and Foles playing middle of the pack average. You can see what you have in your mid-round QB prospect if the season goes to crap and you prepare to draft higher in round 1 for your QB of the future or use the higher pick to get a QB in Free Agency if it is there. I just don't see us having the draft capital to make this a one year fix.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Lions keep losing Stafford might be available next year, when a new HC and GM come in and have a high draft pick.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Not draft a QB into a fucked situation!

get a LT with some talent who showcases intensity. Draft another tackle in the 2nd and have him challenge for the LT position too. Move one to RTwhen the time comes.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Part of why I don't like Pace sticking around another year is that he will do more short term fixes than building for the long term as he tries to protect his job. I'd draft Oline in the first and grab a mid round QB prospect or FA and role with Foles one more year while trying to make sure the Oline and WR set is ready (I am starting to think Robinson is gone at WR so we have a bunch of unreliable, unprovens at that point). The team likely would have to rely in 2021 on an improved running game with new Olinemen and Foles playing middle of the pack average. You can see what you have in your mid-round QB prospect if the season goes to crap and you prepare to draft higher in round 1 for your QB of the future or use the higher pick to get a QB in Free Agency if it is there. I just don't see us having the draft capital to make this a one year fix.

this isn’t the NBA. If you don’t have a player that’s been in the league for 7 years you don’t have a very Good team.

3 years of drafts is 21 players in draft capital?! That’s not even an entire team!

this is a process and takes vision. Giving up on your vision just sets you up to fail with someone else.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Our defense is getting old and honestly don't have much juice left especially at the high pace they are now.

1. Trade up for top QB (Justin Fields, Trevor Lawrence)

2. Free agent QB (Dak Prescott, Phillip Rivers)

3. Other
What should Bears do at QB in the off season?

Be FUCKED.
I like this Aeso...but let's be real..i thought it would of took way more asset to move up into the top 5 picks to get Fields.
we're so un-fucked it feels good have a drink.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I like this Aeso...but let's be real..i thought it would of took way more asset to move up into the top 5 picks to get Fields.
we're so un-fucked it feels good have a drink.

I didn't expect Bears to potentially get as lucky as they did.