dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
What can the Bears do to make the position stronger this off season?

Possible Chicago Bears edge rusher solutions
Sign Lamarr Houston
This seems like the simplest and most obvious one. Lamarr Houston was re-signed by Chicago late last season after a brief stint in Houston. In the final five games of the year, he collected four sacks. It’s apparent he likes playing in Fangio’s defense. The fact he remains unsigned means the Bears could probably get him back cheap. Thus far he’s met with Oakland and the Jets but hasn’t inked a deal yet.

NFL News Daily
@NFL_NDaily
Jets working out veterans Lamarr Houston, Chris Jones - http://NFL.com http://dlvr.it/QQVjvx

Sign Connor Barwin
The veteran turns 32-years old this October but Barwin continues to show that he can bring something to the table. He hasn’t had fewer than five sacks in a season dating back to 2013. He’s also experienced playing in a 3-4 system, where he tends to fit best. That dependability also comes from a run of good health. He’s missed only two games in the past seven years. A one-year deal for him would ease the problem.

Trade for Shane Ray
This, as always will come down to how aggressive GM Ryan Pace is feeling. He’s shown he doesn’t fear to make bold trades to upgrade his roster. To this point, he’s never acquired a notable player from another team. One must also remember he already gave up a second round pick for Anthony Miller last month. Still, with the arrival of Bradley Chubb, the Broncos’ transition to a 4-3 defense is more apparent than ever. Many feel that Shane Ray is a poor fit moving forward and could be available at the right price.

Trade for Shaquil Barrett
Ray isn’t the only pass rusher in Denver who now sees out of place. Shaquil Barrett has lingered on as a primary reserve for years despite showing frequent glimpses that he can do more. When he started six games in 2015 back when they ran an actual 3-4, he had 5.5 sacks. He’s too short to play 4-3 defensive end and with his contract winding down, the Broncos have to make a decision on what to do with him.

Evan Silva

@evansilva
Pass-rush needy teams should call #Broncos about Shaq Barrett after Chubb pick. 26yo edge rusher has been very disruptive when he's gotten chances.

Trade for Malik Jackson
Now, this is definitely the boldest one on the list. Why would the Jacksonville Jaguars be willing to part with Malik Jackson after he just posted eight sacks in 2017 along with a Pro Bowl? The answer is simple. Money. Current projections show the Jaguars will be over $17 million in the red next year.

They may have to make a sacrifice to find breathing room. Having drafted Taven Bryan in the first round, it’s clear Jackson may end up being the odd man out. He’d bring a cap relief of $9.5 million if dealt. He has experience playing in a 3-4 system at defensive end, helping the Broncos win the Super Bowl in 2015. A trio of him, Akiem Hicks and Eddie Goldman up front could be lethal.

Some other edge rushers/pass rushers still out there in free agency besides L.Houston and C.Barwin that can help us:
Willie Yoiung--he's 32 but could still give us something in a rotation.
J.Galette
Elvis Dumervil--he's 34 but same as Willie in that he could still help for one year
A.Brooks^
Terrell McClain--just got cut be the Redskins

Some of these guys would be just reaching and hoping they can give us something but for the right price would be worth a shot.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Right now, I'd say lets just let it play out in camp. We don't know what we have in Lynch or the rooks, could have some surprises on store. If not, come preseason most of the plug n play one year players will still be there.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Vance Joseph said the Broncos are NOT going to a 4-3 defense the other day (since drafting Chubb). Either way, I've always thought the Broncos were a potentially decent trade partner for the Bears. I wonder if they'd be interested in Bullard for one of Barrett/Ray. I'd think both have more value than Bullard based on the fact that they both have had more NFL success and play a more premier position. But both are FAs after 2018, with Bullard having 2 years to go. The Bears would probably have to throw in a draft pick, but I'm thinking a 5th or so.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Vance Joseph said the Broncos are NOT going to a 4-3 defense the other day (since drafting Chubb). Either way, I've always thought the Broncos were a potentially decent trade partner for the Bears. I wonder if they'd be interested in Bullard for one of Barrett/Ray. I'd think both have more value than Bullard based on the fact that they both have had more NFL success and play a more premier position. But both are FAs after 2018, with Bullard having 2 years to go. The Bears would probably have to throw in a draft pick, but I'm thinking a 5th or so.

Can't remember where i saw it but i saw someone say we should trade K.White to Buff for Shaq Lawson. I guess he doesn't like how he was being used by Buff and was actually benched for someone else and him and S.McDermott don't get along. They also have needs at WR. Now this is of course a long shot for anyone to take a chance with K.White but i guess you never know.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
edge rush is really the only area where we are lacking now, so if they are serious about making a push this year, thats a hole to fill. i wouldnt mind trading for raye if the price is reasonable. i liked him coming out of college.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can't remember where i saw it but i saw someone say we should trade K.White to Buff for Shaq Lawson. I guess he doesn't like how he was being used by Buff and was actually benched for someone else and him and S.McDermott don't get along. They also have needs at WR. Now this is of course a long shot for anyone to take a chance with K.White but i guess you never know.

Only you could think of something so ridiculous as Kevin White having trade value.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
No rush to sign anyone. They still have a couple OTAs to decide if they need to sign anyone else or not.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Right now, I'd say lets just let it play out in camp. We don't know what we have in Lynch or the rooks, could have some surprises on store. If not, come preseason most of the plug n play one year players will still be there.

This. Also, why did we draft sideline to sideline linebackers? If you don’t have that much of a rush from your front four, better get some shifty and fast linebackers to cover. Next year is for drafting edge rushers I presume.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sounds like crazy talk, but IF White can show something out of the gate starting in preseason....maaaaaaybe?? Can't see how that'd be an even trade otherwise...or has Shaq Lawson not shown much lately? Honestly, I've not followed his game but recall him as a top prospect.

---------

Not that OP is saying it here, but I've heard lots of worrying about how the draft didn't address EDGE / Pass rush. It was weak at that position. Can only do so much, BUT......

Even with all the injuries & toughest S. of Schedule in 2017, the top 10 D ended up tied for 7th best with 42 sacks. They've since lost McPhee, Houston, etc, but should find some sacks from Smith, Fitts, etc.
https://goo.gl/baLWkh

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Nobody is trading anything for Kevin White.

They'll end up with Floyd, Lynch and Fitts as their pass rushing rotation with Houston or someone else signed to compete with Acho.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Only you could think of something so ridiculous as Kevin White having trade value.

Only you would be dumb enough to have reading comprehension problems and not see that I said I saw it elsewhere and also said I'm not sure he would have value.

Pay attention FakeHawk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Wouldn't mind Houston back at all. Or Willie Young.

This is how I feel as well. I'd take C.Barwin if not one of those two and just rotate the hell out of them and hope for good health especially with Floyd.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I really wish Pace would have taken Landry in the 2nd and got his OG after that. Pass rushers are so much harder to find than OGs. I believe Landry will prove to be a steal at pick 41. What's done is done though.

Given the status quo, I'd sign Houston.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If they want to add a vet stick to Houston. I like him In a limited role. Option two I would trade for ray if I can get him with 5-7 rounder or dump Simms to them for him total madden move lol.

Or just wait for June cuts to roll in and see what we can pilfer there.

Never know maybe pace fleeced the league with Kylie or some undrafted guy. I mean what does it take to outplay what McPhee and Young brought to the team

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I really wish Pace would have taken Landry in the 2nd and got his OG after that. Pass rushers are so much harder to find than OGs. I believe Landry will prove to be a steal at pick 41. What's done is done though.

Given the status quo, I'd sign Houston.

Part of me agrees, but we won big with Jackson last year, chances are another questionable medical guy will not make it, but chips on shoulders do incredible things to people. I guess we see how it works for Rosen. Dont forget about Irving in the rotation with Floyd, Pitts and Acho. I would think Houston and Young want some guarantees if they sign before the season.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Only you would be dumb enough to have reading comprehension problems and not see that I said I saw it elsewhere and also said I'm not sure he would have value.

Pay attention FakeHawk

In 3 years, White has played in a total of 5 games, has 21 catches for less then 200 yards. Try and use your brane every once in a while and don't believe everything you read on the internet.

You can't make a post insinuating something for 85% of it and then at the end of the post disagree with everything you just said.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
1. Connor Barwin

2. Chris McCain - just got by SD - had 5 sacks last year in limited snaps

3. Houston.

4. Sign Shane Ray next offseason lol