dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If they want to add a vet stick to Houston. I like him In a limited role. Option two I would trade for ray if I can get him with 5-7 rounder or dump Simms to them for him total madden move lol.

Or just wait for June cuts to roll in and see what we can pilfer there.

Never know maybe pace fleeced the league with Kylie or some undrafted guy. I mean what does it take to outplay what McPhee and Young brought to the team

If we were trying to trade WITH Denver I'd try to get S.Barrett before Ray just cause he's been injured so damn much but wouldn't be mad at getting Ray either. I think it will be a more low key signing like L.Houston which I'm fine with. He's still just 30 years old so for one year I'm good with that. Maybe someone decent gets cut when teams start making cuts around early June.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
In 3 years, White has played in a total of 5 games, has 21 catches for less then 200 yards. Try and use your brane every once in a while and don't believe everything you read on the internet.

You can't make a post insinuating something for 85% of it and then at the end of the post disagree with everything you just said.

Where did i ever say i agreed with any of what the article said? Oh that's right i didn't and i can post whatever the fuck i want for whoever on here to read and not agree with any of it. It's another persons opinion and not mine.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
http://theloopsports.com/2018/05/02/the-perfect-finish-to-the-bears-off-season/

In the past four months, the Chicago Bears have fired John Fox, hired Matt Nagy and his staff, added offensive firepower in free agency, and had a universally lauded draft. The excitement inside of Halas Hall is palpable, and for good reason. The national media is starting to pick up on the improvements that the Bears have made, and there have even been a few mutterings of the “p-word.”

With so many improvements, one would imagine that general manager Ryan Pace can go ahead and sit back on his laurels. Surely he has earned himself a much-needed vacation after so much heavy lifting, right? Not so fast. This team is vastly improved from the 2017 version, there is simply no denying that, but is he finished? I am not so sure.

Pace has done exceedingly well in overhauling this entire organization. From the massive addition at Halas Hall to the replacement of the training/strength and conditioning staff to the gutting of the coaching staff and finally to the roster itself. But just as a chef wants to put the proper amount of seasoning on their dish before serving it, there is still some small moves that could end up paying huge dividends later.

There are three positions that have some depth deficiencies right now; offensive tackle, outside linebacker, and safety. This off-season has proven to be atrocious when it came to tackle options, and Pace wisely didn’t overspend or over-draft on that position. That leaves us with outside linebacker and safety, two crucial positions in the Vic Fangio-led defense.

Outside Linebacker
First, let’s tackle the position that typically generates the most pass rushing production. Like tackle, this was not a great off-season to need help at outside linebacker. Sure, the recent 6th-round pick Kylie Fitts should offer some help as will the recently signed Aaron Lynch, but the position could use one more piece for depth.

The question for me boils to what Pace values more for this team, a higher impact in 2018 or potentially finding a gem on the street who could be a piece for years to come. I am honestly torn here between two avenues and two potential perfect additions to the Bears roster.

The first player fits the win-now mode. How Connor Barwin is still sitting around unsigned is completely beyond me. With the exception of 2010, he has been remarkably healthy and consistent as a pass rusher. While there are two seasons that stick out as anomalies–2011 (11.5 sacks) and 2014 (14.5 sacks)–Barwin is still a very productive player. The past three seasons he has tallied 5, 5, and 7 sacks respectively. Not too shabby. At 31, he isn’t in the long-term plans but would be a nice addition for 2018.

The other is Chris McCain. This feels like a Pace-type of player to me. He is long and lean (6’5″ 238 lbs) in the same mold as Leonard Floyd. He is still young at 26, and he is an ascending player coming off of a 5-sack season. Under the tutelage of Fangio, McCain feels like the kind of player who could really take off. His speed and bend are insanely good, he just needs the opportunity to be more consistent.

Unlike Barwin, McCain actually has a chance to be a mainstay with the Bears for the foreseeable future, should he reach his tremendous upside. I would be willing to take a chance on a long-term solution to a long-time problem.

Safety
With the emergence of Adrian Amos as the tone-setting strong safety and Eddie Jackson as the rangy ball-hawking free safety, there doesn’t appear to be a starting spot available. But dig a little deeper into Fangio’s past and you will see a trend emerge. He really likes to use a “big nickel” or a third safety in lieu of a cornerback. As luck would have it, there are two players that are unsigned that fit that bill, and both have ties to the Bears…

Kenny Vaccaro was drafted by the Saints while Pace was still in the front office there. If there was anyone who would be familiar with what Vaccaro could offer a team, it’s the Bears. At 6’0″ 215 lbs, he is big enough to be a force against the run, making players think twice about going over the middle and patrolling the flats. Vaccaro has been a little bit of an enigma in his career but as a backup or sub-package player, he would be a good fit.

The other player on this is Eric Reid. I am going to briefly acknowledge the fact that this feels like a “blackballing” from the NFL owners, but that is a whole different discussion. The reason this fits is Fangio, who was the defensive coordinator in San Francisco when Reid was drafted. Make no mistake, Reid is an excellent football player. He would be a welcome addition to any team’s secondary. Reid has also had his best NFL seasons when both Fangio and Bears defensive backs coach Ed Donatell were with the 49ers.

Both of these safeties are young, Vaccaro is 27 and Reid is 26, which means you could potentially view them as the 2019 replacement for Amos as well, should the Bears fail to re-sign him. Speaking strictly for 2018, either of these players would be a great addition to the team. My preference would be Reid due to his ball skills, which are excellent.

For my money, this off-season couldn’t have gone much better. Chef Ryan Pace’s dish is nearly complete, all it lacks is the perfect seasoning. Sprinkle a little McCain and Reid on top, and you have yourself something worthy of three Michelin stars.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
http://theloopsports.com/2018/05/02/the-perfect-finish-to-the-bears-off-season/

Safety
With the emergence of Adrian Amos as the tone-setting strong safety and Eddie Jackson as the rangy ball-hawking free safety, there doesn’t appear to be a starting spot available. But dig a little deeper into Fangio’s past and you will see a trend emerge. He really likes to use a “big nickel” or a third safety in lieu of a cornerback. As luck would have it, there are two players that are unsigned that fit that bill, and both have ties to the Bears…

If what is said is true, deiondre hall would clearly be that guy, he's been moved to safety, has CB skill as well. His health is a question mark but deiondre hall should get first dibs for that role.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We could just wait for 2019 free agency and add an absolute stud.

EDGE RUSHER
Khalil Mack
This is the golden ticket. In other words, the odds of getting him are astronomically low. So why is Mack even on the list. It’s been noted that he’s currently in a contract standoff with the Oakland Raiders. Such things aren’t atypical but it’s still interesting. With a new man running the show in Jon Gruden, there’s a slight possibility the All-Pro might force his way out of town. If so, the Bears should throw all the money ever at him.

Danielle Hunter
Another of those young, highly productive rushers who feels like a major unlikely option to reach the market. Danielle Hunter has become the primary force behind the Minnesota Vikings defensive line when it comes to attacking the quarterback. In three years he has 25.5 sacks. The scary part is he’ll only be 24-years old next year and won’t turn 25 until October. He’s still rising.

Frank Clark
Clark is mostly known for doing one thing for Seattle but he does it really well. Over the past two seasons, he has 19 sacks and has become one of the underrated pass rushers in the league. He’s spent his time as a 4-3 defensive end, so it’s worth wondering if he can make the switch to outside linebacker without losing his productivity.

Dee Ford
Kansas City is playing the waiting game on Ford. They’re hanging onto him for one more year to see if he can turn the corner on the health front. The young outside linebacker hasn’t been able to stay on the field through his first few seasons save for 2016 when he managed to notch 10 sacks. He’s solid when his body is right but thus far he’s proven unreliable.

Markus Golden
Another health risk. Markus Golden was solid and dependable his first two years, peaking with 12.5 sacks in 2016. Unfortunately, he tore his ACL last season after just four games. Now the Cardinals are transitioning away from the 3-4 defense he was drafted into and going with a 4-3. This could force him to leave next year in hopes of finding a more familiar scheme.

Shaquil Barrett
Sometimes for a player, it’s less about lack of talent and more about lack of opportunity. Shaquil Barrett has been stuck on the Broncos depth chart for some time. First, it was behind future Hall of Famer DeMarcus Ware and then first round pick Shane Ray. Yet in his limited chances, he’s found ways to produce. The last three years he has 11 sacks and seven forced fumbles.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If what is said is true, deiondre hall would clearly be that guy, he's been moved to safety, has CB skill as well. His health is a question mark but deiondre hall should get first dibs for that role.

When we first got D.Hall a lot of us wanted the Bears to try him at safety but they kept him at CB but he was always hurt and then they finally said before last season started that they were gonna try him at safety and still he stayed hurt so it sure would be nice to see him actually play so we can see what this guys can do.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
For the 2018 season the Bears should re-sign Lamarr Houston and then hope Lynch rebounds.

They do not have the draft capital to trade for Shane Ray, which would be an awesome move, if they could get him for a 4th round pick. My guess is the Broncos laugh at that offer.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I like hall, but his faceguarding technique only works when you are a veteran that gets a way with it because of your reputation.

We need to consider if Smith does not get much bigger, he might be the big nickel or third safety.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
For the 2018 season the Bears should re-sign Lamarr Houston and then hope Lynch rebounds.

They do not have the draft capital to trade for Shane Ray, which would be an awesome move, if they could get him for a 4th round pick. My guess is the Broncos laugh at that offer.
Ray has been hurt and hasnt performed up to his billing. He by as one year left on his deal. Might go for less than a 4.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Whatever happens dont lose more draft picks. In other words, don't trade them away for a player. I believe we should simply roll with what we've got. Pace is a draft master. Leave his ammo alone.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They may hold off all the way to game 1 before they bring in a couple extra. Just to avoid having to guarantee a salary. Is it that way for vested vets as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Whatever happens dont lose more draft picks. In other words, don't trade them away for a player. I believe we should simply roll with what we've got. Pace is a draft master. Leave his ammo alone.

I think we shouldn't make any trades for any OLB's but should sign one of L.Houston or C.Barwin and wait to see if any legit pass rushers get cut around June 1st.

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Frank Clark ain't happening, fuck that kid.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Dante fowler’s 5th year option not being picked up. It’s my understanding he has actually started to play pretty decent.

I’m curious to let it ride this year and see what you get out of Lynch and Fitts. Sign a vet like Houston to a 1 year deal.

I’d be interested in a trade for someone if it could be done for a 4th.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Sign Houston.....a "No Brainer."

Drop Jenkins.....sign Hankins (Better relief for Aikiem and Eddie and can play a stout DE for the Bullard/RRH mix)

Sniff out possible trade for Shaq Barrett ....not so keen on Shane Ray...

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
How's Denver's TE situation?

Can we throw them Sims + 5th round draft pick for Ray?